My Lotus Garage, not so good anymore - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 06:36 PM

Been a few days since this was on the active posts page, lets all remember how bad they are...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Keep in mind, this complaint is for "My" Lotus Garage, not Lotus Garage. Robert, at Lotus Garage, has been very helpful, even trying to help me get the parts from the other dealer.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Nein Kinder

@Administrator - I asked a reasonable question in this thread. Everyone knows you saw the question. Would you please do us the courtesy of a reply?

Glen
102ndcar likes this.

2011 Lotus Elise SC

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodyB View Post
Keep in mind, this complaint is for "My" Lotus Garage, not Lotus Garage. Robert, at Lotus Garage, has been very helpful, even trying to help me get the parts from the other dealer.
Thank you for the clarification to the forum. This is a constant issue for us and the confusion causes all sorts of problems for us not just from a customer service concern but also in bad "press".

Again, supplies can be rough with Lotus regardless of the retail choice the customer makes but we try to communicate the best we can with the information we have. I appreciate the continued support of the forum members over the years.

Regards,

Robert
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 03:16 PM

Garage
Now I wish I had seen this thread earlier and looked elsewhere... I am in need of a wheel bolt adapter, they had a reasonable price and I saw their name tossed around on these forums... The race is not over, but it seems that monkeywrenchracing.com will get a large order to my door--including a complete transaxle--before mylotusgarage.com can even put a wheel bolt adapter in a FedEx envelope. Or reply to my messages...

WAY TO RUIN CHRISTMAS, GUYS.

OK I'll survive and Christmas isn't truly ruined, but it is not a good feeling to be ready to jump in to a project but can't get the wheels off the car! Then I find myself waiting longer because these guys were $2 cheaper and I didn't know they routinely wait 7-10 days to ship an order... I may switch to some regular wheel bolts so I never get stuck needing this adapter again.

Edit: Confirmed... Monkeywrench delivered the clutch and transmission and various other small parts before mylotusgarage.com has even responded to a simple status request, much less ship product.
102ndcar likes this.

Last edited by Parko; 12-31-2015 at 04:55 AM.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 06:15 PM

Bump for this!
Been 3 months for my order and no communication from them. I have ordered from them in the past with no problems. Will not order again.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Lotus Driving Academy

Garage
I also had issues with mylotusgarage. Not once, not twice, but three times! I found their part number guide helpful but holy crap, the parts literally all took a minimum of a month to come in and when I tried to contact them I received 0 response! Absolutely ridiculous, I spent hundreds of dollars and got literally no service! How can you run a business like that and still get customers?? I will never shop from them again unless I absolutely cannot find a part!
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 01:20 AM

How did I miss this thread? Ordered from them last Friday because they were a few dollars cheaper...

Guess I'll hope for the best that they (eventually and hopefully) arrive.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 03:42 AM

Since this thread is being bumped again, it is worth us reposting that Lotus Garage (that's us) ARE NOT MyLotusGarage. We are a 100% owned subsidiary of British Racing Group LLC out of Philadelphia Pennsylvania and have been in operation since 2006. MyLotusGarage stole our name in 2013 and began running their site trying to confuse buyers as to which was which. MyLotusGarage is part of Flow Lotus and the Flow Automotive group out of North Carolina.

We are totally different companies and we have nothing to do with one another. Please don't confuse us!!!!!!!
102ndcar likes this.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 04:12 AM

^^ And I'll add that last week I sent an email to Lotus Garage looking for parts prices and availability. Robert responded immediately and said he would have a quote together within an hour (the list I sent was pretty long). Within the hour, I had my prices and placed my order.

So far, communication with Lotus Garage has been GREAT, and I anticipate no issues in getting my parts in a timely fashion.

Thank you Robert
102ndcar likes this.

Last edited by 2011 chrome orange; 02-09-2016 at 04:23 AM.
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 chrome orange View Post
^^ And I'll add that last week I sent an email to Lotus Garage looking for parts prices and availability. Robert responded immediately and said he would have a quote together within an hour (the list I sent was pretty long). Within the hour, I had my prices and placed my order.

So far, communication with Lotus Garage has been GREAT, and I anticipate no issues in getting my parts in a timely fashion.

Thank you Robert
Thanks.......

Your order shipped today.
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 03:19 PM

Robert is a true gentleman. They are busy, and deal with the same parts availability issues all dealers do, but I can tell you Robert is one of us
102ndcar likes this.

2016 AMG GT-S
2012 Caterham R400 (sold)
2010 Chrome Orange Evora (Sold )
2005 ST Elise (sold)
2002 MB G500 lifted etc.
2003 Cooper S (track)
we'll see what Lotus comes up with next...
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 04:31 AM

Bump again, I have sent multiple request to them with no response. Buyer beware!!
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
Bump again, I have sent multiple request to them with no response. Buyer beware!!
With the bump, I'm going to remind the forum again not to get our company Lotus Garage (www.lotusgarage.com) which is owned and operated by British Racing Group, LLC confused with My Lotus Garage which is owed by Flow Lotus.

We are 2 totally different companies. They showed up nearly a decade after us, trading on our name to purposely confuse the community.

As a note, we are in the midst of a significant overhaul of our site which we hop to have completed by mid March. It will significantly expand our site, updating our look and range of parts we offer online. It will also improve mobile appearance, access, general navigation and use. We are investing a significant amount of money to do this and we look forward to continuing to serve the community for years to come.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 06:48 AM

Just a heads up folks...

We (the 'good' Lotus Garage) are about to make a big announcement. Please watch for it and thank you again for your continued support.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
On the same boat, sent several emails with no response....
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falsey View Post
On the same boat, sent several emails with no response....
Please remember that Lotus Garage IS NOT mylotusgarage. We got phone calls again yesterday from someone thinking we are the same company. WE ARE NOT. They ripped off our name and are now giving us a black eye in the community. Please do not confuse our two companies.

Thanks,

Robert
Wubot, Falsey and nintense like this.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 08:40 PM

Not so good

Familiar story; ordered a new hardtop in February. No news until May when I get through to Flow Automotive on the phone to find out they simply put it on backorder status like they were waiting for a restock on Ardent Red Hardtops in North America. Talked to someone who advanced the order to the UK and told me 10-12 weeks. Here we are and can't talk to anyone! No returned calls or emails. This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 AR,Magnolia,Sport,Track Pack,Touring,LSD,Trac Control,Katana 2, a lot of other stuff
1985 Mustang SVO SCCA ITE #67(victim of recession)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition(off-road ride)
2014 Mazda Mx-5(wife's new ride)
2001 Volkswagen Passat(wife's old ride)
2001 Ford E-350 SuperDuty(racecar hauler)
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realrundell View Post
Familiar story; ordered a new hardtop in February. No news until May when I get through to Flow Automotive on the phone to find out they simply put it on backorder status like they were waiting for a restock on Ardent Red Hardtops in North America. Talked to someone who advanced the order to the UK and told me 10-12 weeks. Here we are and can't talk to anyone! No returned calls or emails. This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hardtops have always been minimum 12-16 week order item. They are made-to-order. Obviously you are past that period but that's the standard turn around time. A knowledgeable staff would have told you that when you ordered but they may have new people there who don't know Lotus very well. No an excuse by any means but an explanation.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:11 PM

I don't understand. If LotusGarage was using the name 6 years before "MyLotusGarage" began using the name, and the two are located in the same Country, you go after them for trademark infringement. Although, since both companies are using the tradename "LOTUS," perhaps that is out of the question.

Under normal circumstances, any name that CAUSES CONFUSION AMONGST A CUSTOMER BASE is reason enough to file IP infringement claims against the company ESPECIALLY if they are losing you business, which they clearly are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in