My Lotus Garage, not so good anymore - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufjansWasp View Post
I don't understand. If LotusGarage was using the name 6 years before "MyLotusGarage" began using the name, and the two are located in the same Country, you go after them for trademark infringement. Although, since both companies are using the tradename "LOTUS," perhaps that is out of the question.

Under normal circumstances, any name that CAUSES CONFUSION AMONGST A CUSTOMER BASE is reason enough to file IP infringement claims against the company ESPECIALLY if they are losing you business, which they clearly are.
Yes, we can pursue this and I can not speak about where we are in the process but it has been initiated. We even have had communications from their "director of parts operations" admitting to what they did and trying to then sell us the site/ domain to 'stop' the issue. Not cool at all.

'LOTUS' is not trademarked, as an FYI, as Lotus tried unsuccessfully about 25 years ago to argue that. This is obviously a bit different as this is a very specific IP infringement and included purposeful website design measures and marketing to further confuse customers.

Last edited by BritishRacingGroup; 08-23-2016 at 03:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRacingGroup View Post
Yes, we can pursue this and I can not speak about where we are in the process but it has been initiated. We even have had communications from their "director of parts operations" admitting to what they did and trying to then sell us the site/ domain to 'stop' the issue. Not cool at all.

'LOTUS' is not trademarked, as an FYI, as Lotus tried unsuccessfully about 25 years ago to argue that. This is obviously a bit different as this is a very specific IP infringement and included purposeful website design measures and marketing to further confuse customers.
I haven't looked at the two websites but if even the website, in appearance, causes confusion you can most certainly go after them for Trade Dress infringement. I have went after a company infringing on my trade dress a few years ago and won.

As for Lotus, no reason they couldn't trademark that unless it has something to do with them being in the UK.. the governing rules are not identical to the US. Furthermore, what's trademarked in one nation does not apply to the other nations.

Sad thing is, "My Lotus Garage" seems to have a really really bad reputation here, and the name has been tainted. I would sue for lost revenue.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:45 PM

I'm reviving this again. Tried to check status and says no such account found. So they took my money and deleted my account. Do not buy from these a$holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
I'm reviving this again. Tried to check status and says no such account found. So they took my money and deleted my account. Do not buy from these a$holes.

Not cool. E-mail us if we can help [email protected]. The only time we've ever deleted accounts is when we are notified that the user is not legitimate by the card issuer.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:26 PM

This post is about www.mylotusgarage.com
The title says MyLotusGarage

post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
This post is about My Lotus Garage
The title says MyLotusGarage

The clarification is truly appreciated.......

As I said, if there is anything we can do help, let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in