mylotusgarage.com - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

mylotusgarage.com

Horrible experience.

Sept. 1: Ordered special order parts via website @ 12:08.
Sept. 11: Opened a support ticket asking status on their site since I'd received no communication. Was told "the parts are here and in the process of shipping" and that I'd receive a tracking number via email.
Sept. 15: Updated support ticket asking for tracking number.
Sept. 16: Tracked down phone number here and called to ask for status. Was told the parts had arrived, one was damaged and reordered, but all parts were there. Asked why that was never communicated and received no answer. Asked for the tracking number and was told again that the parts had not shipped but and again that I'd receive a tracking number via email.

tl;dr - 16 days and counting. Parts still haven't shipped.

I recommend avoiding these guys at all costs. No savings is worth this BS.

torque (trk) n. - an excuse for the lack of momentum.
- let's bring back CanAm & Group B!
- have you hugged your Exige today?
I'm currently working on my performance driving merit badge.
There's always somebody faster, sometimes it's me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:32 AM

That sucks. I used them before and had no issues. I recently gone through some crap with another vendor so I feel your frustration.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:59 AM

I suspect this thread isn't long for this world since they're sponsors...

I will chime in to say that's been my experience with them too... you make an order, don't even get a confirmation email, and then the whole thing is a totally opaque process until you get a shipping notification 3 weeks later. They suck at communication.

I think a lot of the communication issue they have is their technology - all they need is an email update when an item's fulfillment status changes (on order, at their facility, packed, shipped) and a lot of these issues would be solved.

I found a page buried in their site once that told me the status of my items, but it was never sent to me in an email link.

In my experience they will send you a UPS shipping notification once your items have actually shipped, so if you haven't gotten one I doubt your items are on their way yet.

In their defense they have always gotten me what I ordered within about a month, and at a good price. I've just been completely in the dark for said month every time.

Their prices are great but a little process/tech tweaking and some slightly improved communications could make them a much better dealer.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 AM

The reality is you still wouldn't have your parts even if they told you the status updates. Everybody seems to have been struggling with availability for this year plus. I had a similar issue with them, but there is a "hidden" communication page that they tend to use well. They just don't email you when they should. As stated above, they just need to work with their webmaster or whoever to get that improved. Hardly a horrible experience though because, again, it wouldn't help you get back ordered parts any quicker.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:13 AM

I've ordered quite a bit from them and found they got back to me within a day.

I believe they order on demand from the UK, which is why it can take a while before you get a tracking number. They have it shipped to the North Carolina dealership that runs the site, inspect the order, then ship it to your address. When I ordered my rear hatch it arrived with minor damage at the dealership. They gave me a call on the phone and asked if I wanted a discount on the repair cost or if I wanted them to send it to a local body shop to get fixed before sending to my house. I just had them fix it. A week later it arrived well packaged in a large box with no damage.

Did they say the parts are on back order or in stock? They told me back order parts can be an indefinite wait and asked if I wanted to cancel or give it a try when I emailed them.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 AM

I have had good luck in the past with these guys.... until recently. I sent a request for availability on parts a week ago via their website, since they do not offer a phone number or email address.... still no reply.....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 03:34 PM

Garage
I've had the same experiences as all of you. A month in the dark and then magically my part appears. Not the best way of doing business, but they have great prices. For the unitiated, can you guys point out where to find this hidden communication page?

2005 LRG Lotus Elise
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLKado View Post
I've had the same experiences as all of you. A month in the dark and then magically my part appears. Not the best way of doing business, but they have great prices. For the unitiated, can you guys point out where to find this hidden communication page?

I don't have it in front of me, but it's easy to find if you log in on their website. After logging in, a different menu pops up and you can go to the correspondence there. I don't recall the specifics though

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLKado View Post

Think its a "Contact Us" Tab along top edge; I used it the other day, it basically sends an e-mail type message.

Update: I checked it out, can also use Customer Service Tab

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**

Last edited by Julian73; 09-16-2014 at 07:29 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:23 PM

I've used them for a quite a few things and always had excellent service. However, as I've mentioned in other threads, I'm the guy that always calls ahead and ensures the part is in stock and ready to ship.

Which brings me to my next point. For those that say there isn't a number available, they clearly state on their website that they are owned and operated by Flow Lotus. Need I say more as to where to get their number?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 08:46 AM

This sounds very similar to how a friend and I ran a motorcycle parts business. Our website looked like we were an established brick and mortar shop, but we were really just running a crappy webserver from our apartment, and both had other full time jobs.
We'd submit orders after work. Sometimes. If we weren't busy drinking or playing video games. In 2001, the shipping tools weren't as elaborate, so we never bothered to provide tracking info.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 03:06 PM

Hi,

Let me first say that we apologize for the recent problems that we are having. After reading this thread today, we have done some testing with our site and it appears that we are not getting all the email replies back and for some reason the confirmation emails and invoices are not being sent out from the automated side of the site. We are working with our web designer to try and resolve this issue. Until this can be resolved, if you have a question or need anything please go to the site and use the customer service tab. This function is working as it should from the testing we have done. Thank you for notifying us of this problem. We would also like to offer discount code LT5OFF for you helping us find this. This code is good for 5% off your total order from now until 10/15/14. Enter this code as a part number in your cart and our customer service team will apply the discount to the invoice.

Most of the time, the status of your order will say "on order." That is because when your order is placed, we will check the availability of the parts and try to notify you of any backorder or delay situations, and then you can make the choice to wait on the backorder or proceed with the other parts. Our orders for non-stocked items are placed on Tuesday afternoon from the LotusCarsUSA distribution center and in most cases are received to our facility by Friday afternoon. We strive to ship them out the same day that they arrive to our facility, especially with the weekend there so that you do not have to wait longer. If you place your order for a non-stocked part after Tuesday at noon, then it unfortunately will be a week before your order is placed with LotusCarsUSA, which can result in some serious lead time. If that is the case and you need your parts quicker then please open a support correspondence with our customer service team and we can add a supplement order for an upgrade fee.

Thank you again for your assistance with this and we again apologize for the issues that have existed. We will continue to work to resolve these issues.

Thank you,
Luke
MyLotusGarage.com
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLOTUSGarage.com View Post
Most of the time, the status of your order will say "on order." That is because when your order is placed, we will check the availability of the parts and try to notify you of any backorder or delay situations, and then you can make the choice to wait on the backorder or proceed with the other parts.
This appears to be in contradiction to the terms on the website.

Quote:
Special ordered parts marked with an asterisk * along with electrical items are non-returnable.
and

Quote:
For MyLotusGarage.com to keep prices low and to service all customers as quick as possible, orders cannot be cancelled for any reason.
I would have loved to have cancelled the order and walked away. With the 30-day Paypal hold, and your T&C, I was certain I'd be charged and have no parts.

Update: A shipping label was printed so I now have a tracking number. It took a couple of phone calls to arrive at this point. UPS doesn't have the package though.

My parts? They still haven't shipped.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Luke - since the parts still haven't shipped, it'd be great if you would cancel my order.

eta: I see that UPS picked up the package late today. Two people told me three different times that it was going out yesterday. There's bigger problems here than the website.

Last edited by codymac; 09-17-2014 at 04:55 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 10:20 AM

Our terms like all businesses are set in place to protect both the consumer and our company, without such terms then neither of us would be protected from someone out to do us wrong. We try to find any problems that may arise before the order has placed with Lotus Cars USA, that way a satisfactory solution may be found for all parties involved. We will continue to work on all issues that arise so that we can better serve the customer. Thank you, Luke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in