PB Racing or PB Ripoffs - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

PB Racing or PB Ripoffs

Just trying to warn every one about this shop. I know most of the people here do not order from overseas venders but I had seen this one mentioned here on LT before for their CF parts.

DON'T do it!!!!! I used my German address, ordered over $600 in CF parts and now I can't get any response from them. I ordered in April, sent an e-mail a month later asking and then seen an updated online receipt a couple days later showing parts shipped, cool. Waited a week or two and still nothing so after another e-mail I see another online receipt showing parts delivered? Ask the neighbors and no one has seen anything. So after 4 or 5 unanswered
e-mails I put in a complaint thing through PayPal only to have them tell me it is past 45 days so all they can do is send an e-mail on my behalf WTF!!!!
Long story short, STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!!!!!
I know there is a big problem with scams and crap coming out of Italy but I had not seen anything bad about PB Racing only good stuff. I guess they are related?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 10:36 AM

The shop is not scam, they are well known. However, can't say anything about their reputation as I've never dealt with them.

2011 Evora S 2+0 // carbon grey // diamond cut rims // charcoal leather // Schroth Rallye 3 ASM harness // Moroso oil pan // after-cat delete
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 11:13 AM

I have been getting their newsletters fro a few years, but never ordered from them.I sent them an inquiry about 5 years ago about getting some PB Racing decals that they had on their race cars since I live in Palm Beach County but they never replied. I'm guessing it was because they might not understand English.

Looks like the original posted might have gotten his stuff swiped. Better off sending it to a work address of a neighbor in Germany than to a home address that is unoccupied.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

I live at this address lol.
I just received an e-mail, amazing what posting neg stuff on all boards and their FB page will do lol ( in English too).

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 PM
German Reimport

I ordered from them earlier this year.
Communication via e-mail was not the greatest and it took a while to ship the parts.
But communication via phone was good and I received an update on the status of my parts every time I called.

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

I guess they need to update their e-mail addy on the web page because the guy that the support addy no longer works there?
I'll find out today or tomorrow.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 07:49 PM

I got an order that I placed almost 2 months ago now with no shipment date yet. They kept saying that its 10 days back ordered....but I heard that a week after I placed the order. 1 more week and I'm going to dispute the charges.

But unlike the original poster, they were alright so far with communication which is why I haven't cancelled my order yet. Let's see if it ships at the end of this week as promised.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Stefano said they have some one new taking care of the shop and thats the reason for the no replies.
Try this e-mail addy
[email protected]

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM

similar experience to the above. order placed for 800 in carbon parts, charged my card 2 days after the order, its almost 2 months now and it still isn't here. Got the same explanation about danillo or whatever his name was getting fired, and frederico has been emailing me telling oh its shipped. As of last week he told me this week, it's early so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but definitely no more business. Don't answer emails, and I got hung up on one time when I called from the US.

Let's hope this part is nice quality or I'm effed...

2016 AMG GT-S
2012 Caterham R400 (sold)
2010 Chrome Orange Evora (Sold )
2005 ST Elise (sold)
2002 MB G500 lifted etc.
2003 Cooper S (track)
we'll see what Lotus comes up with next...
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 PM

Ouch, at least they seem to be consistent.

05 graphite grey elige with zero mods.....sold
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsaidso View Post
So after 4 or 5 unanswered
e-mails I put in a complaint thing through PayPal only to have them tell me it is past 45 days so all they can do is send an e-mail on my behalf WTF!!!!
Paypal sucks. I hate it even though I still use it for a few things.

Funny about the PB racing because I was actually browsing their site yesterday. Guess I won't follow through!
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Carbon Fiber

Google wallet will be taking a chunk outta PayPal.

Sellers already hate eBay and choose not to list many products there because of their high seller fees.

And a lot of sellers also hate accepting PayPal because most of the users don't have a verified address so PayPal just blatantly rips off sellers if there's any discrepancy in shipment.

If brute force is not working you're not using enough.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 02:52 AM

the part showed up today almost exactly 2 months after placing the order. The packaging was a complete joke, I am surprised the carbon piece wasn't snapped in half.

I have initiated a dispute with my CC company. The part is only a carbon fiber skinned fiberglass version, which is not indicated anywhere on their site. It is wholly unfinished-I knew there would be no clear coat but the gel coat is in awful shape and marred/scratched and would need polishing. The edged are totally unfinished and raw and look like crap. There are blemishes in the gel coat and weave THROUGHOUT the piece. There are globs of clearcoat all over the part. It looks horrible, and will not go on my car.

I would steer clear of this company on all accounts, their website is misleading, their communication and customer service is completely terrible, and their product is **** overall. I am hugely glad I didn't order anything else from them. I will post images up later on

2016 AMG GT-S
2005 ST Elise (sold)
2002 MB G500 lifted etc.
2003 Cooper S (track)
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

I received my parts yesterday and couldn't wait to open them to only be very disappointed and pissed off.

This stuff is garbage, I spent over $600 bucks on their crap and I can't even use it even if I painted it.

The splitter is maybe 1/8th of an inch thick and then as the last post stated, it is glass with a sheet of CF unprofessionally laid over it as seen in the pics, I could probably break it if I looked a little harder at it.

The 2 access covers are all CF but maybe a 16th if that of an inch thick with air bubbles, dirt and blemishes throughout the product.

The parts are not as described on their web site, this is my thought but I am sure they buy the unsatisfactory CF products from legit makers in bulk and then turn around and resale as a quality product not the defect product they actually are.

I can't even try to resale this crap because all of the words and pics in the world can not describe how bad it is. I only hope that I can maybe cut this crap up and use the couple square inches of good looking parts for other places on the car just for looks.

STAY AWAY FROM PB RACING. The actual owner has no hands on with the shop and the ones running the shop have no clue.

Sorry pics are so huge lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by billsaidso; 07-26-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: pics
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 01:23 AM

As a carbon fibre component manufacturer it makes me sad to see you have been subjected to such a shocking and poor quality of workmanship, if I can call it that, but there is some great suppliers out there?

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

I like Elise shops. Not sure who their supplier is but it is very good work.

I tried these guys even tho they were cheaper they were not the cheapest and the owner races a number of cars to include the Exige but I am now sure that he does not shop at his own shop.

I have also found some good CF on e-bay, the parts just needed more time fitting but the weave and finish were excellent.

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 05:03 AM

Bill, ironic you and I had an identical experience at the exact same time

My **** parts and **** packing to go with **** service:

2016 AMG GT-S
2005 ST Elise (sold)
2002 MB G500 lifted etc.
2003 Cooper S (track)
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

It's too bad that our pictures can't show it all.
Looks like you have the same craptastic stuff that cant be used. Some will say " just paint it" this crap can't even be painted and you buy CF parts usually to show off the weave. I will end up chopping my crap up and using the bits and pieces for small aesthetics on the interior and engine compartment.

The only reason I went with PB Racing was because they have a decent rep in Europe (must be all family and the workers) and the prices were very reasonable, not cheap but reasonable. Then I find out that my cheap e-bay CF is about 50 times better and looks flawless.
I recommend the e-bay stuff all day any day (out of China) over the PB (made by school kids in a Rome sweat shop) crap.

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 PM

Eliseparts.com do some excellent carbon components for the Elise, trust me I know that because I make it 😉

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 01:24 PM

I initiated a dispute with my CC company due to misrepresented goods (the quality nowhere near matches what is on the site, this thing needs so much bodywork to be useable its absurd, and on top of that, their site doesn't mention anywhere that it is a thin ****ty skin of carbon weave over AWFUL quality kitty hair chop mat fiberglass). I have initiated a return process with PB Racing but I am not holding my breath on that, as I want to be reimbursed for everything, to include shipping, due to the poor service and insanely misrepresented product.

And I love that my 800 dollar order came shipped international like that **** above...insane.

2016 AMG GT-S
2005 ST Elise (sold)
2002 MB G500 lifted etc.
2003 Cooper S (track)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Classifieds Section > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in