On Rails Engineering >:( ...2+ months later - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By wek120
  • 1 Post By lobuzz311
  • 1 Post By lps2
  • 1 Post By gstomp06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

On Rails Engineering >:( ...2+ months later

If you order from this company, you better have the patience of a saint.... Ordered simple carbon fiber Exige side scoops, and it took over 2 months (11 weeks) to get them. They did nothing to expedite or compensate for the almost double wait time. Anyone who's ever done carbon fiber forming can tell you it doesn't take even a fraction of that to do . On top of that it apparently took them 2 weeks to actually ship them (was supposedly finished 2 weeks ago).

If youre considering this company, save yourself the wait and find another company who won't sit on your order for weeks on end before even thinking of starting... Heck Im sure you can even get them imported from japan faster than these guys. F---
lobuzz311 likes this.

Formerly Wes (RIP : ( ) -- Now Brendon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 09:20 AM

Sorry to hear that, as far as CF parts go...I've had a very good experience with GRP. Very communicative and fast. Really one of the best I've dealt with in all of aftermarket sales...even outside of the Lotus community. Also, I haven't purchased anything from HKFever, but communication was great.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wek120 View Post
Ordered simple carbon fiber Exige side scoops, and it took over 2 months (11 weeks) to get them. F---
Consider yourself lucky - I ordered some CF engine covers over 6 months ago and lower sills 5 months ago... still waiting

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:55 AM

That's preposterous. 6 months?!? I was thinking of using them for side scoops, but now I know to definitely cross them off of the list. Look like GRP is the way to go.
lps2 likes this.

2005 Elise - Storm Titanium
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Such moderate

Garage
They used to be very active on here but I haven't seen them post in a while. I wonder what happened.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Kevin seems to still be somewhat active on the Lotus Owners & Enthusiasts facebook group

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:31 PM

I see him posting on the Facebook group. Usually it's stuff that they're trying to get rid of, and it seems like it's the last of their stock. Most recently I saw a carbon fiber dash. They've been posting up on eBay.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:25 AM

Garage
It looks like the "official" ORE account on here hasn't been active since mid 2016 but Lowtush (I assume Kevin's account) was active on here just a couple weeks ago. Really hoping I can get an update soon because I'd like to get the sills installed before summer. If it all falls through, GRP will definitely be who I go with - I recently ordered some seats and other parts from GRP and the customer service has been amazing.
gstomp06 likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Overcooker

Are you new to modding cars?

Happens a lot with many vendors and lots of parts.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:46 PM

Garage
Moop,

Yes, very new to the scene. The delay isn't what irks me, I get it - especially with carbon fiber parts (molds have to be fixed, it's a small shop so it's all done in batches, etc). It is the lack of communication that bothers me - it takes 10 seconds to send a reply along the lines of "we anticipate your parts will be ready around X date and will send an update when production begins" and makes a world of difference in customer satisfaction. Also, I went into this knowing that many saw 3-4 month lead times but I have yet to see anyone that has had to wait over 7 months, I don't think asking for an update is unreasonable after over half a year.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:02 PM

It looks like the "official" ORE account on here hasn't been active since mid 2016 but Lowtush (I assume Kevin's account) was active on here just a couple weeks ago. Really hoping I can get an update soon because I'd like to get the sills installed before summer. If it all falls through, GRP will definitely be who I go with - I recently ordered some seats and other parts from GRP and the customer service has been amazing.

Ips2 if you want to get the project done, call Kevin at ORE and pin him down or just cancel the order. Then call Greg at GRP and order your parts. You will be very pleased. Lonnie
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:40 PM

I had a bad experience with them recently as well. Ordered the titanium intake tubes. 2 weeks went by with no word. I sent an email to no avail. 3 weeks later I get a hold of someone who tells me they don't make those at the moment. Thanks for telling me! So they offered the aluminum pipes instead...not really what I wanted but oh well...and $150 cheaper. About a month later from initial order I finally get something shipped. Received it in 5 weeks finally for pipes they had in-stock the whole time. Refund took another week of hounding. So 6 weeks and I had to draw every single piece of correspondence out of them.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lps2 View Post
Moop,

Yes, very new to the scene. The delay isn't what irks me, I get it - especially with carbon fiber parts (molds have to be fixed, it's a small shop so it's all done in batches, etc). It is the lack of communication that bothers me - it takes 10 seconds to send a reply along the lines of "we anticipate your parts will be ready around X date and will send an update when production begins" and makes a world of difference in customer satisfaction. Also, I went into this knowing that many saw 3-4 month lead times but I have yet to see anyone that has had to wait over 7 months, I don't think asking for an update is unreasonable after over half a year.
Agreed, delays are to be expected. Especially in a niche market like ours. But in that case, communication is key.

In my experience, Greg from GRP, Shinoo from Inokinetic (formerly Sector111), Andrew from BOE, and Fred from BWR have been very pleasant to deal with.

Shinoo and Greg in particular have gone above and beyond expectations.
lps2 likes this.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:01 PM

I feel like these small garageworks should take orders in batches and not take anymore until the stock is replenished. Kinda like what HK does, I think.
6 month wait sounds excessive unless you give the person weekly updates every step of the order process.

2001 2JZ-GE
2008 N54B30
2008 2ZZ-GZE
2015 N63B44O1

http://www.youtube.com/forkmeupscotty
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Dont mean to bump an old thread, but yeah they took forever. horrible service.

The newest development is that the carbon fiber parts are already starting to yellow. they must have used some crappy quality epoxy/clear coat. Horrible service and horrible quality.

Formerly Wes (RIP : ( ) -- Now Brendon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in