On Rails Engineering - 5 month wait for a cup holder that never arrived - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gstomp06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Kai

On Rails Engineering - 5 month wait for a cup holder that never arrived

So back on 4/2 of this year I ordered a cup holder from ORE. A month later I checked in to see why my order hadn't arrived yet ( I thought it was in stock when I ordered it ) and was told the strap portion of the cup holder was out of stock. Bummer, but that happens. I get it.

I check in again on 7/10. No response. I check in again on 7/13 and am told that straps will be in stock by the end of the week ( specified color or at least an alternative ).

I check in again on 8/2. No response. I check in again on 8/6 and two days later am told that all back orders are getting shipped out. Awesome!

I check in again on 8/17 and ask for a tracking number. No response. Check in again on 8/21. No response. On 8/24 I send another email and leave a voice mail. No response.

On 8/29 I send an email saying I'm getting ready to call my credit card company. I get a response saying the owner was away for the past week and he will check on the status of my order.

On 8/31 I try checking in again. As of 9/7 no response No awesome cup holder. I'll have to keep using the Darthholder. I also get to enjoy spending 15 minutes on the phone with the credit card company disputing the charge and explaining how a cup holder can cost so much. Pretty bummed. I was looking forward to getting their spiffy double cup holder.

2005 Lotus Elise - Storm Titanium

Last edited by Kai; 09-08-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Fixing some horrendous English grammar errors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 03:41 PM
craigyirush

Have you tried contacting them via LT? The owner is a member here.

I think their double cup holder is great. Shame about the customer service.

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 04:16 PM

Their double cup holder is great. Luckily I bought one used on this forum for half the price. I believe the owner of ORE is Lowtush. I could be wrong.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb26dett View Post
Their double cup holder is great. Luckily I bought one used on this forum for half the price. I believe the owner of ORE is Lowtush. I could be wrong.
I know. The ORE double cup holder looks awesome. I had originally been looking at buying the OEM cup holder, but why buy that when you can get something better for a lot less less?

I had thought about reaching out via LT PM. I however just shouldn't be that hard. I'm not sure why ORE didn't want me a customer.

ORE's CF roof was next on my list of major upgrades, but I didn't want to send more money their way until I had gotten my first order. So in way I feel like I missed out on two great upgrades. Pretty bummed.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
I know. The ORE double cup holder looks awesome. I had originally been looking at buying the OEM cup holder, but why buy that when you can get something better for a lot less less?

I had thought about reaching out via LT PM. I however just shouldn't be that hard. I'm not sure why ORE didn't want me a customer.

ORE's CF roof was next on my list of major upgrades, but I didn't want to send more money their way until I had gotten my first order. So in way I feel like I missed out on two great upgrades. Pretty bummed.
What I would do is post in the "want to buy" ad section. After having a similar non responsive experience with ORE, I posted a WTB ad. And a couple months of patience later I bought a used one from a forum member. Good luck with your search. Post the cf roof you want there too. You'll never know.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Kai

In a strange twist my cup holder actually arrived. It's really nice. I can see why everyone raves about it. Now I gotta make sure ORE gets paid for it. Time call the credit card company again

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
In a strange twist my cup holder actually arrived. It's really nice. I can see why everyone raves about it. Now I gotta make sure ORE gets paid for it. Time call the credit card company again
Mail ORE a check posted-dated March 2017 (5 months from when you received the item it took 5 months to receive).

08 Exige S240 - Chrome Orange
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 07:19 AM

Garage
This is funny, I went through some similar tribulations with ORE last year. I was told my item would ship within 6 weeks when I bought it, but 2 months later there was still no word on a ship date. I canceled the order, asked for a refund, and was told I would get one... another two months passed, multiple follow-up requests for a refund, and the response was always the same: "you should see it in the next couple of days." No refund ever came. So I contested the charge with the CC company, they sided with me, and I swear within the next couple of weeks I got a shipping notification that the product was en route. Seems like they figured if they shipped the product, I would then pay for it again. The minute I got the notification, I emailed to let them know I had contested the charge and that I wasn't going to pay for it, and they canceled the shipment. Total joke. I don't care if they make a good product, they're shady - their loss, because I spend way too much on my Lotus.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 07:28 AM

Guess I should look for another source for the race hard top I want.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 07:37 AM

Communication is key. All it takes is an honest reply from a vendor. Especially since we're all enthusiasts who get excited about every little thing we buy for our cars.

Nothing worse than sitting around and being left in the dark.
ERDoc74 likes this.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 12:47 AM

I order at the same time as Kai. But still up to today I still haven't received the cup holder yet?? I try to send them many email but got the same response which is soon be patient. Is it normal to wait for 6 months + for the cup holder?? I don't know how long I have to wait
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 08:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambog View Post
I order at the same time as Kai. But still up to today I still haven't received the cup holder yet?? I try to send them many email but got the same response which is soon be patient. Is it normal to wait for 6 months + for the cup holder?? I don't know how long I have to wait
See? He contested his order with the CC company and then it shipped, same as my experience. Maybe that's the only way to get an order fulfilled with these guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in