The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Shout Out for Phil & BOE!

7K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  moorparkian 
#1 ·
Nowadays it seems the only reviews people get are negative because the only time people have time/bother to write reviews is when they are upset. Here is my attempt to reverse that tendency and write a positive review!

Here is the background... Last year I bought a custom FastWorks Torque 300 tune from Phil. During that process I received nothing but amazing customer support and service while we worked a few small kinks out. Since then I couldn't be happier! The car drives amazingly (A friend of mine was amazed it wasn't a stock tune because my car was running so nice) and has some serious power to boot!
:shift:

The only issue I had this year was that in order to get my car registered I needed to pass the dreaded emissions testing... After driving it around a few times I realized that the tune had the emissions checks turned off. This meant I couldn't pass my states OBDII readiness checks.

This past Saturday afternoon I emailed Phil and told him my issue. By Sunday evening Phil had emailed me my updated tune with the emissions monitors all turned on. Talk about GREAT service!! Took my car in last night and passed with flying colors! :nanner2:
Now I am ready for driving season to begin!!!

I want to thank Phil & BOE once again for the amazing customer service and support!! Talk about a standup outfit that offers great products to our community! :clap:

See less See more
#2 ·
Phil's the BEST!

#5 ·
Thanks guys!

Been a really fun and busy spring!

Took this pic yesterday. Not in the pic is a yellow Exige and the Evora that are in the adjacent room. :panic:

Attachments

#6 ·
I don't even have that much business (YET) with Phil and I'm on this train :)

Every time we have communicated for whatever reason it has been a pleasure (and usually educational as well).

Looking forward to future endeavours (of which I'm sure he is tired of me asking about already).

:)

#7 ·
Thanks man!

In fact, I was thinking of you today. I just got a new DSLR Camera and took a picture of a part we're working on. I'm not real great with the camera yet, but I snapped this one just to show you the progress. Pretty awesome, eh!!!:drool::drool:

-Phil

Attachments

#8 ·
Just installing a REV 400 into my 2-11 and the team at BOE have been great ..
Hope to do a thread soon.
Based in NZ , so its a bit of an effort to get everything sorted , but no complaints with the service from BOE.
I just wish other vendors would follow suit !!!

Interesting pic there Phil ... is that a V6 I see ... are you planning a new upgrade V6 with SC ???

#15 ·
Plack- I think we have about the same car! but I'm hearing you;)

Formula and Shay- I'll have a look. As I always say, if I don't reply pretty much right away, don't be afraid to ping me again (and again:eek:)). We receive literally dozens of inquiries every day. Some from shops, some from individuals, some from tire kickers, and some from existing clients. Andrew and I both field tech questions--- in addition to managing the day to day business, etc. We can train a person to change oil, swap trannies, build harnesses, etc... but fielding the tech questions is something only the two of us can do and it's near impossible to "train" that... with the tuning, only I can do the more complicated queries... So it's helpful to simply stay in front of me/us. If I don't get your query knocked out in about 24 hours... Just email or call again. The postage is free, and it's not offensive to us:up:

Cheers,

Phil

#17 ·
Phil has been supportive, available, extremely knowledgeable, and dedicated to those of us with the Lotus itch. Like others, this guy has called me on weekends and weeknights and I really appreciate his assistance and advice. It's a great thing that our community gives Phil the business so he'll be around in the future. Thanks for posting this OP and Thank You Phil:clap:

#19 ·
I am on my way down to Phil's shop end of the week. Looking forward to a new tune and getting the car out on the road for the season!

#20 ·
I am nothing but amazed by BOE and Phil and his teams customer service! In December of 2013 I ordered a TVS supercharger kit from another vendor. I got nothing but excuses from that vendor and no real answers. I would ask "when is the kit going to ship" I would get either "soon" or "kits should ship out in about a week" Fast forward to March 2014 after getting dis-satisfied by words like soon and should. I decided to cancel my order for a TVS kit and talk to Phil and company at BOE. Once I emailed them at BOE I almost got instant response. I quickly decided to go for the REV400 kit after I got good customer service from the guys at BOE.

The people at BOE were amazing during the process. If a delay occurred they let me know. The other company did not. They even let me know of hic-ups during shipping!
Once the kit arrived I carefully unpacked and inspected each part. The Rev400 kit looks amazing! Each part looks very well engineered and well machined, Its not a kit full of junk parts that will just work but its a kit that will go in smoothly and work great. I will be putting the kit in some time in late May. More to come.

#21 ·
:up:

#23 ·
You're welcome sir! :up:

#26 ·
Class Act

I too have had several great experiences with the BOE staff and Phil. Recently, I dropped a valve at the track and after dropping it off in humid KC, Phil and his crew completed the engine swap as well as some needed upgrades. Through this process, I learned much from Phil's extensive 2ZZ-GE and track knowledge and I am thoroughly pleased with the results of his work efforts. I haven't stopped "Grinning" since I drove her home. :bow:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.