The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Symbolic closing/moving Beverly Hills location

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Randy Chase 
#1 ·
I will move this to the Dealer forum, but I wanted to post it here to make sure everyone saw it first.

Symbolic will be closing their Beverly Hills location effective 12-31. They lost their lease on it. The good news is that they are scouting for a new location which can also offer service for the Lotus Elise.

In the meantime, they will function from the La Jolla office.

The letter was scary when I first read it...

Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to sadly announce that our doors will be closing in....
At this point in reading the letter, I was kinda freaked out. :)

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I received the letter also. Obviously, they don't need a showroom to sell me an Elise. Just need an office where we can handle the paperwork. Well, I suppose they need some place to add fluids and prep the car as well. They were located in some pretty expensive property on Wilshire, so probably can cut their overhead quite a bit and still find a cheaper site with room for a service department..

#4 ·
Yep, I got my letter last night, too. It was kind of scary, reading it. But it's also fairly clear that they fully intend to continue carrying Lotus, etc. and to support the Elise delivery program. In the meantime, they continue to have the La Jolla location where they will run things out of.

I've got an E-mail into Gunther, the guy that I've been working with, but so far no response. I just hope they get a new location sorted out fairly soon.

#5 ·
for the longest time the DC ferrari dealership was in an office building with no showroom and maintenance was in the back. They just built a showroom about 8 months ago, its great people like me who prolly will never have enough money to buy one can go stare and drool over then all day long.

-jeremy

#6 ·
mikester said:
But it's also fairly clear that they fully intend to continue carrying Lotus, etc. and to support the Elise delivery program.
I would think so. I'm sure next May (assuming Elises arrive then) they'll probably start selling more Lotus each month than their total count of all other cars combined would amount to in a year.

I've been by Symbolic a couple times and always marveled at how they could stay in business on that corner.

Steve

#9 ·
To Randy and Other Symbolic customers - have you been contacted by your sales rep yet, with a request to specify your car ? I'm wondering because the last time I checked in, the guy I spoke with didn't indicate that they were going to be taking orders anytime soon, but I didn't get very specific with him. I should be one of the first batches of orders, so I'm a bit concerned, when I hear from others that "first orders need to be in by January 9". Did anyone discuss the ordering details with the LCUSA people at the LA show ?

Thanks, Mike G

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.