'06 Elise Sport Package - This is a clean one... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

'06 Elise Sport Package - This is a clean one...

PM me for a phone number to make an offer. Or email [email protected]

$41k

This car has been babied and rested each night in a garage. Weekend trips and runs around town are the extent of the 24k miles. Anyone in the Atlanta area who wants to swing by and take a look get in touch!

Anyone looking from out of town, I'm sure you know Motorcars of Georgia. They have done every service and routine maintenance for this car and I'd be happy to set up for you to get on the phone with anyone there to chat about the history etc. (except for tire work. All tire work done at Gran Turismo East.)

Just had new rear tires put on at GTE.

CL ad here: 2006 Lotus Elise Sport

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 01:22 PM

Garage
Hardtop?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

No hardtop, just the black soft shown in the pics.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 01:58 PM

Wow. Classic. Clean. GLWS!

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 01:20 PM

Nice!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 02:37 PM
craigyirush

Looks like it also has the touring pack as you have leather seats pictured.

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Yes! You are correct. I neglected to list, touring package, so leather seats, black rugs, and were the power windows in that option as well?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evvster View Post
Yes! You are correct. I neglected to list, touring package, so leather seats, black rugs, and were the power windows in that option as well?
As well as a touch more sound insulation behind the seats

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Maybe someone can give me some guidance here...

I was fully under the impression that this is a two owner car. We bought it with 7k miles on it from the first owner.

It turns out that Carfax lists it as a one owner car because the first owner bought it as a dealer, and though he put miles on it, it was sold to us as new. The bill of sale and title corroborate this.

I want to be as honest and transparent as possible with any potential buyer, so I want to say that it is a two owner car. After all, I didn't put the fist few thousand miles on it.

But if carfax lists it as 1 owner and I say 2, does that discrepancy make red flags for a potential buyer?

My question is really: Do I compete with carfax and stick to my guns at 2 owners, or do I match the carfax report for consistency and say 1 owner, since that is what all the paperwork conveys?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 09:13 AM

If you were trying to say the opposite (that carfax listed too many owners), then a buyer may think you are lying. I wouldn't expect this to be an issue though, and it is easy to explain - carfax doesn't report the first owner since I was kept it reg'd as dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:30 PM
craigyirush

Quote:
Yes, power windows came with the touring pack as well as leather seats. It also gave you carpeting on the side of the sills, but the screw-in floor carpets came with all the federal Elises. TP also gave you the stowage net behind the seats, a soft top with more insulation, and an upgraded stereo (though I've only seen two kinds of Blaupunkts on all 05-06 Elises so not sure what was upgraded for the TP).

GLWS.

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Maybe someone can give me some guidance here...

I was fully under the impression that this is a two owner car. We bought it with 7k miles on it from the first owner.

It turns out that Carfax lists it as a one owner car because the first owner bought it as a dealer, and though he put miles on it, it was sold to us as new. The bill of sale and title corroborate this.

I want to be as honest and transparent as possible with any potential buyer, so I want to say that it is a two owner car. After all, I didn't put the fist few thousand miles on it.

But if carfax lists it as 1 owner and I say 2, does that discrepancy make red flags for a potential buyer?

My question is really: Do I compete with carfax and stick to my guns at 2 owners, or do I match the carfax report for consistency and say 1 owner, since that is what all the paperwork conveys?
A lot of times in the automotive dealer world, you'll have what are called "demonstrator vehicles" or "demos". A demo is a vehicle that isn't titled and is still a for-sale vehicle owned by the dealership, but is driven around by someone who works there (it used to be just about any manager got one, that's not as common any more and it's usually just the owner/GM/owner's wife, etc.) to "demo" it to their friends and family and other moms at the soccer field etc.

Usually they will put anywhere from 3,000-7,000 miles on it and then give an additional discount when they put it back on the lot and you consider buying it. The downsides is there goes 10% of your factory warranty mileage. The upside is that it will have already been through it's first oil-change cycle and the likelihood of it being strangely defective and a "lemon" are much smaller.

I'm not sure if that's what the dealer did with your Elise or not. Sometimes they'll buy it but register it with the dealership as a company car so that it's not on their insurance, etc. But he may have used it as a demo vehicle too - in which case there would be no title or purchase transaction.

2006 Aspen White Elise
http://projectelise.com - blogging the Elise
Ongoing Elise & Exige Price Trend Spreadsheet (OPEN SHEET IN EXCEL! Google Docs butchers it and shows errors...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in