2005 Ardent Red Lotus Elise $20,000 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

2005 Ardent Red Lotus Elise $20,000

I think the time has come for me to part with my Elise to make room for a new toy. This is my fourth Elige and definitely won't be my last. This car would make someone a great driver Lotus as it has some imperfections. She would be ideal for someone looking to get into a wonderful driving Lotus for around the $20k price point. I have a clear Oklahoma title in my name but the car has rebuilt history. She runs beautifully and drives straight down the road. Car is located in Tulsa, OK but travel through Dallas quite often and could meet a potential buyer or show the car there as well.

Ardent Red 2005 with 46,2xx miles
Touring Package
Hard and Soft Tops
Rear tires have 80-90% tread left
Front are at ~50%

The Bad:
Windshield has a small crack that has not expanded in my ownership tenure
Front right side of the clam has some scuffing/scarring that does not run too deep (although the front grill is not shown in the picture, I have it)
One of the rear wheels has been scuffed- I was going to touch up the spot with matching silver and can do so if the buyer desires
Hardtop headliner has fallen out and needs to be replaced.

As you can see from the pictures, the worst part of the car is scuffing on the right side of the front clam. Below are some pictures of the car to get the listing started. I am trying to find a time with some clear weather and daylight to have a full photoshoot of the car but wanted to go ahead and post as a car I would like may be available if I move quickly.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:01 AM

Interested. Just to clarify you have a title in hand but it's branded as rebuilt?

Last edited by Salvagelotus; 10-19-2018 at 12:33 PM.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 12:28 PM

Garage
Does the AC work? I may be interested, could you email or text me? murrell5576atgmail

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:34 PM

Garage
Unless my eyes deceive me, the front clam looks to be completely cracked above the passenger side of the front license plate plinth. An honest seller would be describing it as more than “scuffing.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Lotus Exige BRG
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:19 AM
Driv300mph

Crack on the windshield, but just some "light scuffing" on the bumper?

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:38 AM

^^ the peanut gallery should leave the OP alone. He is disclosing the imperfections and the car is 20 grand for crying out loud. Priced well below what other Elises of that period go for, and priced great.

If you don't want to buy it, move right along.
Liftnot2, HondaCRX, Mr.C and 4 others like this.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Been out of town for the weekend but am back and can now answer questions.

Title is in hand and is not branded as salvage or rebuilt- it is a clean and clear Oklahoma title in my name with no liens. However, the car had a rebuilt title when I purchased it.
AC works as it should.

I've had several people contact me with some lower offers- I am willing to sell the car with only one of the two tops if price point to get into a running/driving Elise is your only concern. My price for the car sans hard top would be ~$1000 less or sans soft top ~$500 less.

If front clam damage is of particular concern to a buyer, I would be more than happy to have it repaired at a body shop that I trust (they have worked on my Gallardo). I have a good relationship with the shop and could pass potential savings on to the buyer.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 12:41 PM
ky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncunningha View Post

Title is in hand and is not branded as salvage or rebuilt- it is a clean and clear Oklahoma title in my name with no liens. However, the car had a rebuilt title when I purchased it.
AC works as it should.
Is the previous branding (rebuilt) listed under the 'other pertinent data' field on your new title?

04 SRT10 Viper -- sunny day toy

04 TSX -- daily driver
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

herecomesboost- No, there is no mention of previous branding or rebuilt status anywhere on the title. I'd be happy to share an image of the title for a potential buyer who needs it to verify anything such as eligibility for financing or insurance.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 07:25 PM

Why is the car previously “rebuilt”? Do you have any maintenance records? More pics yet? I’m looking for a fun commuter car and this looks like it would be perfect for that! Also, Could we have the vin to talk to insurance?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:49 AM

Deleted as I can now send a pm

Last edited by Salvagelotus; 10-24-2018 at 07:03 AM.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:36 AM

certainly cheap enough branded or not. good luck with your sale.

TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'73 Elan Sprint DHC
'91 Elan M100
'66 Elan S2 DHC
Odds 'n ends Lotus now 'n then...
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:49 AM

Sent pm
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 10:51 PM

Can't send a PM - can you please shoot me a text @ 4253992456
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 10:06 PM

I bought a rebuilt elise knowingly of course but when I transferred the title to my name the state sent me a clean title by mistake. I got a letter about 2 months later that it was an error and they sent me a rebuilt copy and told me to dispose of the other. Its a rebuilt title. OP just happened to get a clean title from dmv to clear up any confusion. Still a great price
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 02:08 PM

Do you ever come near the houston area? dont see the option to pm your profile if the elise hasn't sold please let me know

Last edited by Chucksndunks; 11-18-2018 at 02:22 PM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Chucksndunks- Head to Houston occasionally. Lotus is still for sale. I believe you may not have enough forum posts to PM but you can reach me at ncunningha @ gmail.com
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Wanted to provide an update on this Elise; I had a buyer lined up in December and just a few days before the transaction, I backed the car into a poorly parked car across the street at about 1-2mph. Below are some pictures of the car with the damage:

I am back and forth on selling the car but wanted to reach out to you guys and see what you think the car is worth now with both the front and rear damage.
Attached Images

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:14 AM

^Man that's unfortunate. I would say that you could probably get a buyer around 17-18k. Obviously it will need some fiberglass work and paint on both ends. At least the paint shouldn't be too hard to match since it is not metallic. The least I would take is $16k If I were you.

Currently:
2005 Lotus Elise
2015 Audi A3 Wife's car
2012 Toyota Prius C Daily Commuter
Sold:
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2003 350z Touring
2006 Eclipse GT
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:41 AM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncunningha View Post
Wanted to provide an update on this Elise; I had a buyer lined up in December and just a few days before the transaction, I backed the car into a poorly parked car across the street at about 1-2mph. Below are some pictures of the car with the damage:

I am back and forth on selling the car but wanted to reach out to you guys and see what you think the car is worth now with both the front and rear damage.
Please pay attention to number 3 below. Thanks.

1. No for sale threads with just a link to an eBay, Craigslist, or any other site ad. Take the time to actually make a decent for sale thread.

2. Pictures sell items/cars, please post pictures with for sale threads.

3. No "testing waters" threads, no "just wanting to see what I can get" threads, no "feeler" threads. Although it’s acceptable to list an item OBO, or post an item and ask for everyone's best offer.

4. Discussion following the normal rules of the forums welcomed, but no comments on price allowed unless the OP specifically asks for it. Otherwise, take it to PMs.

5. If market place rules are not followed when posting a for sale thread, it will get deleted.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in