2005 Lotus Elise 29,800 Miles $32,000 SOLD
If you know about sports cars, you know that the Elise's nimble handling is the standard by which all other sports cars are judged. Its ultra-light weight (under 2000 pounds, less than any other car except the Smart Car) ensures a quick 4.9 sec 0-60 MPH and telepathic steering through the canyons. The high-reving Yamaha-Toyota engine screams to 8500 RPM but is easy on the pocketbook when it comes to maintenance. The body is just gorgeous; it is a car you will always turn around to admire when you walk away. While not the most comfortable or luxurious sports car, many owners drive them daily. The Elise is for drivers, not poseurs.
COSMETIC AND LIVABILITY UPGRADES
- Magnetic Blue with black leather and carbon fiber interior
- 29800 miles
- Brand new Lotus-specific AD07 tires
- Stock engine
- Stock suspension -- I found the optional Sport Suspension too harsh for the roads I drive
- Touring Pack : Air conditioning, leather seats, power windows
- Removable hard top and soft top
- 2nd owner; never crashed (AFAIK)
- Clean title
- Very good condition
The stock Elise has a rather Spartan and noisy interior that can be wearisome on long drives. This car has numerous improvements that make it much more livable without adding performance-sapping weight.
- Clear Bra vinyl protection on front fascia, hood, and rear rocker panels
- Gorgeous carbon fiber interior door panels, shifter console, door sills, & vent surrounds really improve the interior
- Upgraded Pioneer sound system -- the original Blaupunkt is terrible
- Sound damping and absorbing foam -- you can now converse with your passenger at highway speeds
- Air Conditioning system insulation added, making it much more effective in hot weather
- Rear exhaust panel deleted, improving exhaust cooling
- The engine, suspension, brakes, and gearbox are all in fine running condition
- The car has about 8 trouble-free track days with the local Lotus club and TMR. It's awesome!
- 30,000 mile service done by Dietsch Works, a local independent Lotus specialist
- Factory recall oil-line replacement done by Boardwalk Lotus
- Brakes: 10mm pad front, 6 mm pad rear, rotors smooth and uncracked
- Cam wear normal -- original cam was defective and replaced
- Clear bra has done its job well protecting the paint, but there are teeny tiny chips where the paint was unprotected, such as the mirrors. I have touched these up and you'd need to be 1' away to see them. Otherwise, the paint is in brilliant condition.
- The Elise is very low to the ground and the front lip is prone to scraping. This car has an aftermarket carbon splitter that protects the front lip, which remains undamaged.
- The wheels have no curb rash, but a ham-fisted tire-changer put some nicks and scuffs on them. They look fine from 6' away
Car is located in San Francisco Bay Area (Los Altos). I can arrange independent inspection on your tab. Shipping coast-to-coast should run under $2000 with a high-end exotic hauler; less if you aren't so picky.
Price is $32,000 . If you have been shopping for Elises, you know that this is a fair price for a well-maintained, low mileage car, so please don't low-ball me.