2005 Elise - Chrome Orange - 42k - Price Reduced, Relocated to Bethesda MD - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

2005 Elise - Chrome Orange - 42k - Price Reduced, Relocated to Bethesda MD

2005 Elise
Touring Package, Softop, optional Hardtop
42k Miles (odometer replaced at 36k)
Dealer Serviced (The Collection, Prestige Imports)
Located in Bethesda, MD

One physician owner. Garaged in Coral Gables its entire life. Regularly maintained at Miami Lotus Dealers. Everything is working as it should. Including the A/C, windows, lighting, etc. The engine has great power, the clutch holds great, the transmission is smooth with no grinding. Runs smooth with no weird vibrations or any kind of awkward alignment. Nothing mechanical needs explanation. It does show wear from having 42k miles and being a daily driver / going out car. (See Photos)

As far as previous repairs, the front clam was replaced due to someone backing into it, and the driver's rocker was repaired due to a tire shop jacking it up improperly. The odometer works perfectly (bright needles, smooth, etc.) and only has 8000 miles on it. It was replaced at 36k. Overall, it is in good shape. Headlights are clear. No oxidation in the engine bay. Upgraded battery. New OEM Yokohama tires all around.

The original Star Shield is tired and has mostly been removed. The seats are somewhat worn. I have a good passenger seat I can sell you with the car and a good Probax upgrade can be had for a few hundred. All four tires are new (OEM Yokos), and the brake and clutch fluid were just changed as per maintenance schedule.

There was just a CO Elise on here with 45k miles on it that sold for between 32-33k. I am selling because I cannot keep it. I am lowering the price due to a trip to Europe at the end of the month.

Keys, manuals, tools, and services records are included.

$29,900 for the car itself with the soft top.
Add $1,000 if you want the hardtop with it.

More pictures available upon request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 11:21 AM

Im interested

Hello, is the 2005 Elise still for sale?
Thanks
Robert
Please contact either by text or email
[email protected]
719-358-3642
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM

I'm interested

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the interest. Currently out of the country. No dealers.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Elise Guru

What do you have against dealers???

www.wirewheel.com
Member Vendor
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirewheel View Post
What do you have against dealers???
lowball offers. just got one from gator for like 25k. annoying.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 04:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

I did offer $26k. I'm looking for cars and am making a lot of offers. I understand you feel the figure is low, but I didn't say here's why I'm justifying the price with a list of items or issues with the vehicle. I wanted to give a number and only a number. It will cost money to ship and if you're asking 30k with h/t, then I thought it's a fair figure.

Last edited by JWA; 07-15-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Removed copied PM with rude reply as posting private discussion is against the rules
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 07:24 AM
craigyirush

Thanks for posting, Gator. I am sure lots of LTers wlll be eager to do business with this seller given his impeccable manners!

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 07:29 AM
craigyirush

Zaiku is clearly a classy guy. In this thread, he implies that an LTer was "owned" (that is, taken advantage of) by Wire Wheel! Nice.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-socal-280561/

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 07:13 PM

And OP is a physician? Forget the car, I wouldn't want him evaluating my health.

05 Chrome Orange Elise
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 02:41 PM

A simple "not interested", "no thank you" or "the offer is too low" would of sufficed. Unfortunately or fortunately, you decided to respond the way you did and its possible no dealer will pm you, but maybe that is what you wanted.

Anyway, dealers have to make money too. Your price seems fair. Bump and good luck with your sale. For those who think the OP said rude replies..it is what it is, why do we care? The dealer offered a low price..$4k lower then asking is like a 13% discount and I'm sure the dealer will ask for a lot more then this person's asking price (its what businesses do). I also heard from a friend that he got screwed trying to buy a Lotus here, but another dealer swooped in and got the car and then turnaround and listed it for $10k more. Its business. I feel sorry for my frustrated friend, but dealers just have more clout and dont have to deal with financing issues.
So OP, even though its $4k lower, the upside is you sell the car "as-is" and can have cash in hand..compared to the private buyer who might have to go through financing and might nitpick on your car. Of course the downside is a $4k discount. ��

2005 Lotus Elise (Starlight Black)
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Gator Motorsports. I'll have to remember the name. I was giving him a hard time, just in play, but then after having his terrible offer clearly rejected, he continues to harass me by messaging me multiple times trying to get me to take the offer. Which is soliciting in a sense, as if I couldn't get an offer from any dealer I wanted.

Then, once I stop responding, he comes into my thread and tries to trash it. Then he gets his buddy craigyirush to try to come in and trash it as well, who even misquotes me in my thread and freely committing libel due to his own impotence or illiteracy. (fyi owned was saying that poster was owned for trying to deface a car that had no prior issues. learn to read).

And they claim that my manners are bad? Actions are stronger than words, you two, and your actions smell like ****. You should both seriously consider growing up and finding something better to do than harass honest private sellers on lotustalk. I have the right to free speech. I have the right to ask what I want for my car. And I certainly have the right to not be harassed by a couple of poorly behaved dealers that are trying to bash my sale and hurt my reputation in the hopes that I cave and take their lowball offer.

If it were my forum, and a vendor were conducting himself as you are, I would certainly ban you and have you never return. I guess the $100 a month vendor payment is a nice bribe. Here is the whole conversation, where Gator continues to bother me and harass me despite intruding on my time and receiving a rejection of his offer. As if I were so stupid I didn't realize it was a cash offer in USD.

Quit wasting my time while I'm on vacation.

Last edited by JWA; 07-15-2015 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Removed copied PMs as posting private discussion is against the rules
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 04:13 AM
Supporting Vendor

Clearly I messaged you once and not multiple times as you stated above and in no way have I 'harassed' you. Nor have I trashed the thread. As you can see in my response I said I thought you were having fun and in no way was I trying to be offensive.
In reference to the original post #7
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...6/#post4184969

I clearly stated this was hilarious and best response I’ve ever received. I didn’t ask my ‘buddy’ or anyone else to respond. I simply stated our conversation and that I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair. (I really did). My offer of $26k was 4k below your ‘asking’ price which I don’t see as too low. As I said, considering shipping and nearly every time I buy a car even when described as 'perfect' something is wrong with it, I need some room. I’d offer $26k if local (no shipping needed and I can inspect on site) on trade, so I thought I was offering a very fair figure from my view.

Sorry to have offended you. GLWS and enjoy your vacation!
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Forum Founder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
If it were my forum, and a vendor were conducting himself as you are, I would certainly ban you and have you never return. I guess the $100 a month vendor payment is a nice bribe.
If it was my forum... I would ban you for questioning the general integrity of the moderators.

I miss those days when I could then say..."wait...it is my forum..."

#somethingwickedthiswaycomes... the new Origin Noble M and the Origin 7

Zenos E10S for Sale! www.zenosforsale.com

There are some very shady dealers in the Lotus business.

2005 Lotus Elise, 1993 MR2, 1995 MR2, 125cc Shifter Kart, Toniq (in build), 2018 Origin 7 (waiting), 2018 Origin Noble M (waiting)
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 11:02 AM
JWA

Ok, you've both made your statements. Much more importantly than Gator being a sponsor (which really means nothing to us volunteer moderators) they are a group of guys that have been dedicated enthusiasts and valued members on this forum for over a decade. You didn't like their offer and have asked for private offers only from now on. I think everyone understands that and will move forward accordingly.
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 11:16 AM

Garage
Accusing moderators of taking bribes ( even in heat of moment) usually not a good way to endear yourself to fellow forum members. Note that PM messages that are offensive are also not cool. Please take a moment to review the forum rules to understand the reason for our response.

Eddie B
87 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekgt View Post
Accusing moderators of taking bribes ( even in heat of moment) usually not a good way to endear yourself to fellow forum members. Note that PM messages that are offensive are also not cool. Please take a moment to review the forum rules to understand the reason for our response.
It's obvious he's thread-****ting. You explain why if you know better. I've never been on a forum where this sort of thing is remotely tolerated. Harassing a seller and then trashing his thread afterward. Ridiculous.

Gator continues to lie (offered 26k w ht which is 5k below asking) and defend their terrible behavior. Only posting in this thread to justify their terrible behavior and actions. Pretending he has not messaged me multiple times when I have posted the conversation (and can show it to anyone that asks).

Again, protection from the mods. I honestly do not care how much of an "enthusiast" someone is. If they can't behave decently, they should be restricted until they learn how. I don't let the guys running advanced group break the rules and bully novices at the track because "they are enthusiasts." Seriously. Any other forum and all of their defaming / libel would be deleted and they would be welcomed to stay out of the thread.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMS_Sales View Post
Clearly I messaged you once and not multiple times as you stated above and in no way have I 'harassed' you. Nor have I trashed the thread. As you can see in my response I said I thought you were having fun and in no way was I trying to be offensive.
In reference to the original post #7
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...6/#post4184969

I clearly stated this was hilarious and best response I’ve ever received. I didn’t ask my ‘buddy’ or anyone else to respond. I simply stated our conversation and that I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair. (I really did). My offer of $26k was 4k below your ‘asking’ price which I don’t see as too low. As I said, considering shipping and nearly every time I buy a car even when described as 'perfect' something is wrong with it, I need some room. I’d offer $26k if local (no shipping needed and I can inspect on site) on trade, so I thought I was offering a very fair figure from my view.

Sorry to have offended you. GLWS and enjoy your vacation!
This is a lie. I have the multiple responses from you in my inbox. I also have a screenshot where you posted a private conversation in this thread in an attempt to commit libel/slander, which you can see another member (craighrush or whatever his name is) builds on. Stop lying. Grow some integrity. I know you're a dealer, and maybe you think you can buy everything, but integrity needs to be built. You can start by apologizing, shoving your excuses where the sun doesn't shine, and staying out of my thread. I met a guy who kicked an innocent animal once. He said he was trying to be funny. Guess what? It didn't make it funny. Just like you think you're being funny, but you're not.

Yes I give those responses because I have a light sense of humor. However it doesn't mean I want to talk to you or be buddies after you lowball me trying to run your business. When someone isn't interested, stop persistently messaging them trying to convince them. It's embarassing. Please stay out of my thread.

Last edited by zakiu; 07-15-2015 at 12:08 PM.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 12:11 PM
JWA

We have removed those elements of all posts that have violated forum rules.

We get it, you don't like people making offers below your asking price. You've stated your opinion and are getting very close to violating forum rules on personal attacks. Move on.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 12:24 PM
craigyirush

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
This is a lie. I have the multiple responses from you in my inbox. I also have a screenshot where you posted a private conversation in this thread in an attempt to commit libel/slander, which you can see another member (craighrush or whatever his name is) builds on. Stop lying. Grow some integrity. I know you're a dealer, and maybe you think you can buy everything, but integrity needs to be built. You can start by apologizing, shoving your excuses where the sun doesn't shine, and staying out of my thread. I met a guy who kicked an innocent animal once. He said he was trying to be funny. Guess what? It didn't make it funny. Just like you think you're being funny, but you're not.

Yes I give those responses because I have a light sense of humor. However it doesn't mean I want to talk to you or be buddies after you lowball me trying to run your business. When someone isn't interested, stop persistently messaging them trying to convince them. It's embarassing. Please stay out of my thread.
Don't drag me into this. I only reminded people of the accusation you made re Wire Wheel in a previous thread - claiming someone they sold a rebuilt title car to got "owned" (i.e. taken advantage of).

What a great way to sell your car! Perhaps as an inducement to potential buyers you could offer to do to them what you said you'd do to Gator? Or maybe you could start treating your fellow members with respect.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in