2005 Lotus Elise/Exige Track Car - $70k - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

2005 Lotus Elise/Exige Track Car - $70k

First off let me say I bought this car directly from Phil on Labor Day of last year. Since that time I have raced and love this insane machine and truly HATE to have to sell it. I had another 2005 that I sold in order to purchase this one so it will hurt twice as I will now be losing both of them. I am selling this gem because of family issues that are out of my control but have to be put as the highest priority. I just did the full gambit of off season maintenance, including new oil, flush radiator and SC coolant, Castrol SRF brake fluid, new brake pads and full once over for any check for prerace season.

I am not trying to make money on this, I just want it to go to a good home. I am asking what I have into and then also adding in the spares. This Lotus according to BoE, if they could recreate it, would cost over $200k PLUS the cost of the donor car. Asking price is $70k picked up in Jacksonville, FL.

This was BoEs Lotus track car that was purchased last year from Phil. It started as a 2005 Lotus Elise purchased in Dec 2005 from Florida then converted to a NASA ST1/TT1/TTU track car by BOE Fabrication in Overland Park, Kansas. The modifications included front and rear carbon fiber clamshells, custom aero components, a 6-point roll cage, Penske suspension, AP Racing brakes, and more. Power comes from a supercharged 1.8L 2ZZ-GE four that can run several tuning configurations and is paired with a Quaife BWR sequential manual transmission. The car has claimed a number of track records during its career, and is now offered with spares.

The body is made from dry-laid carbon fiber and styled around a circa-2010 Exige front clip and a 6″ widebody rear clamshell. The front shell weighs about 11 pounds and the rear shell 15 pounds. An 8″ carbon front splitter is present along with Reverie canards, custom aluminum side skirts, and a BOE diffuser. A custom Crawford swan neck wing is mounted to the rear frame using 77 carbon fiber uprights with honeycomb cores. The front windshield was just replaced with an Optic Armor Lexan windscreen.

The car rides on a set of 158″ Enkei wheels with 245-width tires on the front and 1510″ 949 Racing wheels with 275-width tires in the rear. The ride height is set to approximately 70mm using custom-valved Penske shock absorbers, 900 lb/in front springs, and 1,100 lb/in rear springs.

A pair of AP Racing 5000 Pro calipers can be seen behind the front wheels, while rear braking is from AP Racing Lotus front calipers. The rotors are two-piece full floating units from BOE and the brakes are controlled by a BOE manual brake bias cage with a Tilton bias bar.

The interior features a 60/40 split aluminum firewall along with a VSA 6-point roll cage, a pair of Tillet carbon seats, Schroth harnesses, and more. A remote brake bias adjuster is present on the dash and the included data logging system is comprised of an AiM Evo 4+, AiM formula wheel, AiM Smarty camera, and BOE Fastworks software.

The supercharged 1.8L 2ZZ-GE four features 10.5:1 compression and is equipped with Arias pistons and a BOE dry sump oiling system. A CNC-ported JCR cylinder head is fitted with a Ferrea valve train with dual springs and solid rockers as well as stage 3 cams. Other additions include a DMC stainless exhaust header and BOE surge tank. Two Lotus T4 ECUs are included, with each tuned for one of the following power configurations:
• Current setup: Whipple 2300 blower, pulley, tune, and belt; 100 octane fuel; 430 whp
• Alternate setup: TVS 1320 blower, pulley, tune, and belt; 100 octane fuel; 330 whp

This magnificent machine is wrapped in 3M vinyl as well as PPF on the front and quarter panels. Spares include rims, tires, brake pads and jugs of MS109 fuel. This is a once in a lifetime build that will blow your mind once you see the quality and attention to detail that has been put into this Lotus. Best thing is that I was able to obtain the Kansas Title for the vehicle so right now it is still a titled one owner 2005 Lotus Elise.

More details can be seen at https://www.boefab.com/b…/rides/5730...-2015-tt-build

Here is some videos of it running

The FIRM -
Heartland Park -
(Phil)
RPM -
(Phil)
Attached Images

TIPSP likes this.

2005 Lotus Elise - Storm Titanium
BoE Rev400TVS SC, MWR E153 Trans, ACT HDSS Clutch, 2bular Full Exhaust, Ohlins Double Suspension, BoE Catch Can, BoE TOC Oil Pan and so forth

Last edited by BudUSMC; 02-14-2019 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Added Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

More pics
Attached Images

TIPSP likes this.

BoE Rev400TVS SC, MWR E153 Trans, ACT HDSS Clutch, 2bular Full Exhaust, Ohlins Double Suspension, BoE Catch Can, BoE TOC Oil Pan and so forth
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 10:58 AM

Ill buy it if someone wants to buy my exige and Evora before it sells but I don't think that will be easy. TT2 Track Exige that could be street legal still and a 2011 evora 2+0 with rebuilt engine transmission and 400 clutch + flywheel.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfennell View Post
Ill buy it if someone wants to buy my exige and Evora before it sells but I don't think that will be easy. TT2 Track Exige that could be street legal still and a 2011 evora 2+0 with rebuilt engine transmission and 400 clutch + flywheel.
Get to it, love to see it go to fellow Lotus track person. Although can't say the Evora isn't peaking my interest .. lol

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Bump

Some more pics
Attached Images

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:45 PM

I've seen this car in person at BOE a couple of times.

A quick note to whoever buys this car: You got one hell of a good deal.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:51 AM

Stupid question: is this car street legal?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:07 AM

I like the green. GLWS .

2005 Storm Titanium Elise
BOE Power
www.jcrtd.com
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb26dett View Post
Stupid question: is this car street legal?
It has a title and could be registered but does not have turn signals or a horn currently

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

BUMP!!! Come on people this is as good as it gets for this chassis in a ready to race package with spares included.

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:36 PM
glb

Let's not forget that this is a WINNING race car.

Not connected to seller, btw.

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS. Past '72 Elan Sprint (I restored), Lotus 7 w/X-flow, TT Supra, Bugeye Sprite, BMW 2002 & 2002tii, '65 GTO.

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...cy-line-36631/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...-brakes-241138
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Thank you and yes it is a multi time winning car with multiple track records

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb View Post
Let's not forget that this is a WINNING race car.

Not connected to seller, btw.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:56 AM
purveyor of lightness

Garage
I live basically next door to Phil/BOE (10 minute drive) and he's one of my closest and dearest friends.

I've seen the progression of this car over the past decade from a "street car that's driven to the track" to a fully-dedicated track assassin.

In the hundred+ times I've stopped by BOE there had NEVER been an occasion where something hadn't been changed on that car... whether it was to prototype/test/design/upgrade some component with the sole purpose of moving around the track faster than anyone else. I was there when it was loaded into the truck and almost cried.

I cannot put into words how incredible this piece of machinery is. Whoever purchases this HAS to drive it with pure abandon around a track.

To paraphrase Sarah Connor from the Terminator "That's ALL it does."

GLWS dear sir
Attached Images

d.a..v...i....d

David Thomas Stewart - [email protected]
2005 Midnight Silver Lotus Elise (www.darksol.com)
388hp (342whp) BOE RevX 1735lbs.

Last edited by darkSol; 03-06-2019 at 10:02 AM.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 12:33 PM
Elise Guru

Folks, this car is the real-deal. No expense was spared and while not the fastest AutoX Elise in the country, I would wager it is the fastest Track Elige in the country. More importantly, it was built right.

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:59 AM

Garage
This would be my DREAM purchase in about 3-5 years when I could afford such an amazing piece of equipment. GLWS!!
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Friday Tax time bump

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:35 AM

a great car for track junkies, would've bid on it when it was on BaT if I was a track rat.

How often does that tranny need to be rebuild if not tracking?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdeng View Post
a great car for track junkies, would've bid on it when it was on BaT if I was a track rat.

How often does that tranny need to be rebuild if not tracking?
I honestly couldn't tell you but even the stock transmission on the Rev400 went 6+ years before I swapped it and it was still in great condition even with racing it.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:50 AM

I'm interested. How do I get in contact with you?

Thanks,

Peter
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Peter, you can give me a call at 904-304-9560 and I can answer any questions for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter N. View Post
I'm interested. How do I get in contact with you?

Thanks,

Peter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in