2005 Lotus Elise with Supercharged Honda K24 $39,900 - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdeng View Post
Will this car pass inspection or is it track car only after the k swap?
Well yes and no. In theory it should not pass NY state emissions . . but when I had my Exige it would not communicate with the NY state inspection equipment because Lotus so they put me on an exempt list. I could have had any power train in it at least until NY state fixes their software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphlye View Post
Anyone know what has been modified with the rear suspension or subframe? To my knowledge the Elige cars accept the Honda swap without requiring any suspension or frame mods.
It would be good to have more details around why these modifications we're completed and what they consist of.

If off the shelf swap parts were not used I'd be much more cautious of buying
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Also, search Prototype Racing in the forum and the web.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
Well yes and no. In theory it should not pass NY state emissions . . but when I had my Exige it would not communicate with the NY state inspection equipment because Lotus so they put me on an exempt list. I could have had any power train in it at least until NY state fixes their software.
wow! thanks for the info, and how long ago was this? did the guy at the inspection station tell you if they are working for a fix for lotus or...?
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:24 PM
ky13

Can always switch to a stock (Honda) ECU/KPro if you need OBD2 functionality.

This is so tempting!
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 05:21 AM

Question on charge/intake air for these swaps....can you route in adequate airflow from the side vent to feed the supercharger and avoid high IAT’s? Almost all of the FI cars I’ve seen use a charge cooler setup in the bay, and this car does not. Not sure if that corner of the engine bay is receiving any cool air in this configuration or not? It may not be ideal, but if the side vent is functional enough then you could eliminate quite a bit of weight in a water/air cooler system.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCRX View Post
Funny, this stock internal K-swapped Elise is making nearly the same power as the fully built BOE Elise.
I wish there were more Eliges for sale with K-swaps. I'm anxiously awaiting for a white Exige with a Kswap to show up.

Does this Elise have the AC fitted?
Don't tempt me to sell, man!

I wish there was more information as to why some of the subframe modifications were done, this car seems like a HELLUVA deal! Maybe some people are just kinda of gun-shy because of the unknowns of the subframe mods...?
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphlye View Post
Question on charge/intake air for these swaps....can you route in adequate airflow from the side vent to feed the supercharger and avoid high IAT’s? Almost all of the FI cars I’ve seen use a charge cooler setup in the bay, and this car does not. Not sure if that corner of the engine bay is receiving any cool air in this configuration or not? It may not be ideal, but if the side vent is functional enough then you could eliminate quite a bit of weight in a water/air cooler system.
Yes, you can do that. I'm not sure why it wasn't done in this case, I'm sure there's a good reason. On the Exige with the side scoops, there actually is a bunch of air that gets funneled into the engine bay. Some have used this to duct air to the OEM a/a intercooler to supplement the meager airflow provided by the roofscoop --- which in 2006-07 MY it didn't get much air, so it was extended from 2008 MY and on to the front of the roof, but then it tended to scoop warm air coming off the radiator. You can fit Exige scoops to the Elise pretty easily. You can also get WIDE scoops for the Eliges as well. That's what I have. In my build, I routed the intake to the driver side side scoop. As for cooling my IAT's I have an A/W chargecooler in the intake manifold (similar to BOE's solution) that is plumbed to a BOE front HEX that is mounted under my radiator in the front of the car --- this necessitated removing AC from the car.

Makes me wonder how this car is cooling the intake charge... It wouldn't take much to get something sorted for it. I hope someone buys this thing soon and gets it on the track!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 03:32 PM

Yah, it appears the charge air is not cooled in this car. Would be ok for mild boost and road use I suppose, but not great if you turn up the boost or do track days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Classifieds Section > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in