2005 Nightfall - Sport, Touring, Hardtop - 56k Miles - Los Angeles - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elise8206

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

2005 Nightfall - Sport, Touring, Hardtop - 56k Miles - Los Angeles

2005 Nightfall / Black
Santa Monica, CA
57k Miles
Please PM if interested
$31,900 obo

I am selling my 2005 Lotus Elise. I love the car and had no plans to sell it, but a good deal on a later model Exige S260 that I couldn't refuse came up, so I bought it. I don't want to pay for parking and insurance on both, so my Elise is now up for sale. If I had a large garage, I would keep it as it has sentimental value to me, but such is life.

It currently has about 56500 miles on it. The original owner had it in San Luis Obispo until 2011 when he moved to San Francisco and sold it to a friend of his. I bought it from the second owner in San Francisco at 32000 miles in 2014. It is optioned with the sport pack, touring pack, and hardtop. It has been a daily driver for me and well maintained as such, but I do not have a commute.

I have addressed a lot of common issues with it as I did not intend to sell it. All recalls have been performed. The radiator was replaced by Sector111 (InoKinetic) just over a year ago. The AC resistor was replaced at the same time. The thermostat is an upgraded Mishimoto 200F oil thermostat. The differential fluid was changed with Mobil1 0w40, the transmission with Redline MT90. I use full synthetic Mobil 1 in the engine. The brake fluid is Motul RBF600. Needless to say maintenance has been regularly done on time and it currently does not need anything.

One of the front grilles became detached and I have another and it will come with the car. It has other parts that will come with it as well, like a shock absorber hood prop. It has fresh starshield installed with no yellowing. The tires are Bridgestone RE71Rs and are around 75% in front an half that in the rear. The rotors are DBA4000 and the pads are Ferodo DS2500s. The rear brakes are low and the fronts have a good amount of life left (25%) but will need to be replaced in the next year. I have already bought new pads and will include them as well. The soft top headliner is sagging a little, which is a common issue. I never use it. The gauge cluster has recently been working intermittently.

It has several upgrades, such as the later model Exige seats installed and Larini dual exit exhaust, which does not have any drone but sounds great. The Exige seats are superior in many ways to the original Elise seats and cost me almost $2000. The exhaust and associated parts cost me $750. The original diffuser panels come with it in case you want to return the exhaust to stock. I settled on both of these after trying multiple exhausts and multiple seats. The head unit is a Kenwood head unit and the original unit is included. It has DDM Tuning 5000k HID headlights. It also comes with a Sector111 bootie.

Title and Carfax are clean, although I did have to do prior paintwork. I can discuss more in person. Please email with any questions. Carfax available on request. I'm not sure what the market for these cars is now these days as it has been years since I purchased one, so I'm asking $31900 but open to all reasonable offers. Please PM with any questions.

Last edited by zakiu; 07-02-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:10 AM

Interested and looking to contact.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6TVRs+ View Post
Interested and looking to contact.
You can email me at sa.[my username]@gmail.com

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Elise is pending sale.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
Elise is pending sale.
Immensely enjoyed talking with you both today and Love the car! Look forward to wrapping it all up soon!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:26 AM

Great color
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 07:55 PM

Super happy so far and in it's new home!
Attached Images

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 08:03 PM

Garage
Congrats!!
6TVRs+ likes this.

'05 Lotus Elise Magnetic Blue
'02 Toyota MR-2 Spyder
'17 Mazda Miata MX-5 RF
'19 Acura RDX A-Specs
'09 Mini Cooper S

Tech Library!
http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Category:S2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in