2006 CO Elise San Diego -- $36k - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

2006 CO Elise San Diego -- $36k

Selling my 2006 Elise. Car has 37k miles and I am the third owner, having owned it since around the 6k mile point. First two owners did not understand what they were buying. This car has the Sport Package, the Touring Package, LSD, and a hard top that has only been used a few times.

This car has almost no mods. In my opinion most mods that were done to the Elise detracted from the original car, so I have kept my mods to only a very few. Here they are:
  • Added "Stan's Shifter Mod" -- basically one screw to make the shift cage much stiffer.
  • Stereo and speakers replaced. The unit is a basic Panasonic with Polk speakers all around, plus a sub under the seat. It sounds OK, not great. I have the original stereo head unit.
  • Replaced Sport Package shocks with double-adjustable Ohlins. The originals were very stiff and tough to drive on city streets. The Ohlins work like magic, better ride and better handling. I have the original shocks.

I have a bunch of stuff I purchased to install, but in the end I decided the car was perfect and did not need all this junk. It's included with purchase. Included are a LETSLA short-throw shift kit (brand new), a set of the Multivex side view mirrors, and a smaller rear-view mirror -- I forget which model but it is the one everyone recommended way back when. I also have Jim Clayton's Jack Helper which will be included, and I have a Sector 111 trunk liner.

The car is in very good condition and has always been garaged. There is only small paint/body imperfection and that is right near the front windshield, in the center of the clam. I think a rock hit my car and it gouged out a small piece of the fiberglass. I will upload a close-up photo of this with the other photos soon. I have just covered it with matching paint but I believe it could be fixed easily with fiberglass filler. The front bottom of the car has the normal rash from going in and out of driveways.

Operationally the car runs perfectly and always has. It had the oil cooler recall work done years ago at Symbolic Motors, and I have always kept maintenance up-to-date myself. It will need new tires soon. Currently it is driven 2-3 times per week. The AC and heat have not worked for years. I suspect it is the "resistor pack" issue but because I never used the AC or heat I have not looked into it.

I'm only posting one photo today but will have a complete set of photos soon, after the car has had a detailing. If you are in San Diego and would like to come see it before then, drop me a note. I am not new to LT, in fact I was a member a long time ago with the user name Lotusland. Unfortunately my e-mail changed and I forgot my password, and I can't seem to connect with anyone live at the site to help correct that. I have to say this site has certainly changed over the years I have been absent.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 04:20 PM

Nice Elise
Let me know how much you want for all those extra parts - LETSLA, multivex mirror, small rear view mirro, trunk liner
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerb0y View Post
Nice Elise
Let me know how much you want for all those extra parts - LETSLA, multivex mirror, small rear view mirro, trunk liner
It's in the ad -- $36k. Car included.
SS Lotus Elise likes this.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusland2018 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerb0y View Post
Nice Elise
It's in the ad -- $36k. Car included.
Ok...if you decide to sell some of these parts aside, let me know.

GLWS really digging the CO
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 10:20 PM

Did you ever sell your car?

Chemgee
2008 Elise-
California
Atlanta
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

The car is available and I now have some additional photos. I just took delivery of a Tesla P3D so the Lotus needs to go. The photo of the scratch here is on the rear of the car, I believe my garage door brushed up against the car when closing. It is not very deep but is visible.
Attached Images

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

And the photo of a scratch here is the one I mention in the first post. It is on the top of the front clam.
Attached Images

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 03:29 AM

Are you still at the $36k number? Thx
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Yes, still at $36k but I'm thinking about raising the price. So many cars for sale here have been owned for such a short time by the current owners, it's a bit odd. I have owned this car for nearly ten years, I know every detail of its existence. If you are the right buyer drop me a note.
mattjk and neight like this.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:11 AM
www.theapexinn.com

and.....not to mention.......it's the PERFECT color !!!!!

Elise #2292 (SOLD) / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

CO is the best for sure. Greetings fellow mafioso!
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 07:31 PM

Beautiful, beautiful car!!!
: )

GLWS
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 06:52 AM
Puff Daddy

+1

I'm also in the same boat as you... I took delivery of my Tesla P3D+ and haven't touched my CO Exige since It hasn't even been uncovered in the garage since the Tesla showed up. Good luck with the sale... I may be following you shortly.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Whoa Bane, Kestrel74 -- we have a real old-timers club going here! Really glad to hear from you guys. I have not spent much time on LT the last few years.

I'm very interested in your feelings on the Tesla vs. the Lotus. I went with the P3D-, so we have slightly different cars, but I love the handling of the Tesla so far. It could be just a touch stiffer. On hard corners there is some diving, not much, but it is really the only thing that keeps it from being perfect. Another thing I like -- the steering wheel is second only to the Elise -- nice compact diameter, not absurdly thick like a lot of supercars, great feel despite the nearly drive-by-wire nature. The balance of the car is also really good, you can feel the 50/50 more due to the heavy weight, which it seems to carry with no effort. Anyway, I'm glad I am not alone in finding this transition to be a positive one.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 02:00 PM

Is the heat and A/C still not working?
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 PM

Cool Newcomer wants to buy Elise and Exige from Oldtimer...

so this one goes out to you and Bane...I'd love to do a bundled deal so I buy both your CO Elise and Bane's CO Exige. That would make me smile.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Yes, the heat and AC are not working. In looking at semi-recent posts on this issue it seems someone cooked up an easier way to repair this, versus removing the front clam. I'm sure it is the resistor pack as the fan works. I may repair this if it seems to be an impediment to a sale, but the car is so pristine/unmodified that I am hesitant to do so. The AC in the Elise -- any Elise -- is pretty minimal, and here in San Diego I never had much need for the heat.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Small update, the double adjustables are Penskes rather than Ohlins. These were from a group buy here some time ago. Great shocks!
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:31 AM

Oldtimer looking for CO unmolested Elise.

I will PM to discuss...
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

This car includes a battery tender for times when it is not getting used as much as it should be. Times like right now for example. This car needs a new home! Buy this near-stock, near-mint Orange Elise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in