This is hard to post but here goes...
Mileage : ~12,000 (still driving on VERY rare occasion till I have a solid offer)
Color : Laser Blue
Interior : Red
Asking : $42K ONO
Title : In hand and clear
One owner Lotus Elise bought new in late 2006 as a 07 model year car.
The car was delivered to Gossett Motors in Memphis,TN and I followed the single car transporter in. I custom ordered it in Laser Blue with Red interior and had to "convince" the sales manager this color scheme was "what I wanted". It is one of only a few Elise's in the US factory ordered with this setup (Lotus only did this color setup on custom orders).
I ordered it in 2006 (as a 07 model) to avoid the ~30 extra pounds of weight the bumpers would add after the exemption ran out in December of 2006. This is a choice I am sure Colin Chapman would approve of as his saying of "Just add lightness" defiantly applies to the Elise.
This is one of the last Elises to come in the US with the bumper exemption (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elise
via " Approximately 100 2007 model year "launch" cars were shipped to the US without these bumper changes").
I ordered the car with the following options:
- Black Pack
- Traction Control
- Star Shield
- Lifestyle Paint (Laser Blue)
- Touring Pack
- Custom Order Red Interior
The custom center console , from the Lotus trim shop , I added after I got the car (original center console included).
I welcome (and recommend) a PPI. I will drive the car anywhere in the Knoxville/Maryville/Oak Ridge area for one. I can also deliver the car within a reasonable distance of Knoxville for a reasonable fee.
This car has never been tracked (autocross, track days, etc) but has seen a few back roads as seen in the images below. Its never been abused or over-reved (as a ECU dump will prove).
- The rubber on the black airbag cover on the steering wheel is gone. Its still black but its "slick" now.
- There is a small scratch on the wheel where the silver has been rubbed away ( going to try get a pick of this) its about 1/3 of a inch or less.
- I need to sell it vs have time to drive it.
Items that come with the car:
- All paperwork (including dealership folder from original dealer when they stopped selling Lotus) this paperwork is in both printed and digital format (digital sorted by date and mileage).
- New Lotus Windshield Wiper (NOT INSTALLED)
- Sector 111 Trunk Bootie
- Factory Sport Airbox with new filter (NOT INSTALLED)
- New Lotus Airfilter (NOT INSTALLED)
- Factory Car Cover (used a few times when new and only on a clean car)
- Factory Lotus black saddle bags in black leather with white stitching (NOT INSTALLED)
- Sector 111 Bollock Shift Knox (Factory shift knob included)
- Motorcycle battery (never had issues with trickle charger) saves a about 15 pounds
- Factory Hardtop
- Aftermarket Chrome Indicator Stalks (NOT INSTALLED)
- New (late 2014) Factory Style (LTS stamped into tires) tires (less than 2K miles on them)
- Original Lotus Switch Pack (Part Number D117M0008f) that had issues with the headlights. I was told this MIGHT be repairable so I kept it.
- Original steering rack (Replaced with Titan quick rack)
- Original Gas Cap (Black powder coated one installed)
- Original door panel bolts (one in car are black powder coated)
- Factory Elise Luggage
- Trickle Charger for battery
- Lots more "Lotus Goodies" if the new owner wants them (books , magazines on 07 models, British Lotus club stuff , and more)
Service History Highlights (much more detail in paperwork):
12/18/06 - PDI ECU Dump and bill of landing review
01/08/07 - Alignment
01/22/07 - 1K mile service
05/17/07 - Installed Lotus Trim shop center console (ordered at same time as car)
07/20/07 - 4K mile service
12_06_08 - Passed Memphis vehicle Inspection
06/09/09 - 7K Service
12/14/09 - Brake fluid flushed, rear shock replaced
08/02/11 - Titan Quick rack installed (factory rack included)
05/31/13 - Oil cooler recall performed(Lotus letter to me included) completed at Lotus of Greenville.
04/29/14 - Oil and brake fluid changed
09/12/14 - Transfluid changed , new tires installed
09/18/14 - New brake pads installed (Ferodo DS2500s), New Service Pack module, new air filter
Since 2014 I have only put about 1200 miles on it . I start it often and let it get to operating temp and drive around my block to engage the higher RPMs (after warm of course) . I recommend a oil change before a cross country trip but other than that its ready to go.
To protect the paint I wash it only 1-2 times a year (can go into detail if needed) and after every 2-3 years (or around 10 washes) its professionally detailed. Last one was about 300 miles ago.
- All ECU updates up till 2015 have been done .
- 0 standing starts recorded
My consolation prize is hopefully I find a S1 S160/190 car when they hit road legal in a few years and own the Elise that won my heart in the mid 90s. Till then I will putt my other two mid-engine cars around and dream of twisty roads in this fine machine!
Images of the car below. I am going to get more of the near perfect front spoiler and under-body.
The color is not off on these shots , laser blue is hard to photograph by amateurs like myself. Some of these are full sun and a few (like 0366) are lots of shade.