LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Lotus Cars For Sale (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/)
-   -   2007 Lotus Exige Cup Car serial number 001 (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2007-lotus-exige-cup-car-serial-number-001-a-466804/)

apexdc 03-04-2019 03:41 PM

2007 Lotus Exige Cup Car serial number 001
 
5 Attachment(s)
I am posting this on behalf of my friend, Eric Marston. I have driven this car and it is fantastic! Please call Eric direct for more info. :up:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Very successful and well cared for Lotus Exige Cup car. This car won the Lotus Cup Championship in 2013 and had many other wins. For the last few years, it was owned by DRS race shop that ran the car which was perfectly maintained as well as given some great upgrades.

I bought the car 1.5 years ago and have used it for track days and SCCA races.

The car had two 1st place and four 2nd place finishes in the SCCA SP class.

It has continued to be loved and cared for by Kris Valdez at DRS race shop during this time.

The Lotus has 310 HP and only weighs 1750 lbs. It is incredibly fast and more importantly perfectly balanced and just a joy to drive. The engine is fully built with Cosworth pistons and rods. It also has the Cosworth PI data systems with full telemetry.

I am only selling as I have moved to different race series and wonít have time to drive the Lotus for a while. I really wish I didnít need to sell it, it is such a perfect race and track car.

Full specs:
Rebuilt SC and DRS / Cosworth pistons and rods
Ferrea valves and Eibach valve springs in cylinder head
260 wheel Hp on DRS SuperFlow dyno (with aftermarket pulley)
Cosworth / Pi Research Omega D2 dash / logger
DRS header and Burns exhaust
Spare lower Db muffler and tailpipe set up for Laguna Seca
Water-to-Air intercooler System
Ohlins dampers w/ 500/600 springs
Monoballs Spherical control arm bearings
AP 4 pot calipers and Cup rotors
Lots of Aero improvements, Reverie splitter and diffuser
Lotus Motorsport spec rear wing (Reverie)
Comes with extra light weight roof
New Willans 6 pt safety harness for use with HANS
New Recaro SPG seat
Lifeline 4L electric fire system
ATL / Lotus spec Fuel Cell ~ 16.5 Gal capacity
Spare set of Team Dynamics wheels w/ Yoko slicks mounted
Spare set of Lotus Motorsport wheels w/ rain tires mounted

Over $100,000 invested in upgrades and services + cost of car.

Asking $59,999 Eric Marston 805-216-7454

Jack 03-04-2019 06:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
That was my car originally -- I purchased it new in 2007.....ran it in Lotus Challenge; then Lotus CupUSA (Spec Class) ..... sold to another competitor in 2009 who ran it Lotus CupUSA ... then it ended up with Kris at DRS. That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration. It's just amazing how stories get created. :D

My car .... first Cup 255 imported....

oldmansan 03-04-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 5928174)
That was my car originally -- I purchased it new in 2007.....ran it in Lotus Challenge; then Lotus CupUSA (Spec Class) ..... sold to another competitor in 2009 who ran it Lotus CupUSA ... then it ended up with Kris at DRS. That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration. It's just amazing how stories get created. :D

My car .... first Cup 255 imported....

You've had a rough life Jack. :bow:

San

eldonz 03-05-2019 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmansan (Post 5928190)
You've had a rough life Jack. :bow:

San

San, you said that wrong, @Jack has the "Perfect Life"! :wink2:

Later,
Eldon

Kris from DRS 03-13-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 5928174)
That was my car originally -- I purchased it new in 2007.....ran it in Lotus Challenge; then Lotus CupUSA (Spec Class) ..... sold to another competitor in 2009 who ran it Lotus CupUSA ... then it ended up with Kris at DRS. That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration. It's just amazing how stories get created. :D

My car .... first Cup 255 imported....

Jack, that's simply not true. After you sold this car to Larry Schnur we did all of the modifications that brought it to this current spec. We (DRS) raced this car in Lotus Cup as it is represented in this advertisement. Larry won the championship in 2013 in Cup Class. The following year we raced the car in SuperSport class. I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014. I purchased the car from Larry in 2015. We raced it only a few times, with a win at COTA. Then I sold it to the current owner that is listing it now. These are all facts, not created stories.

VisualEchos 03-13-2019 05:12 PM

This was literally my dream car when it was new. GLWS.

Jack 03-14-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris from DRS (Post 5930384)
Jack, that's simply not true. After you sold this car to Larry Schnur we did all of the modifications that brought it to this current spec. We (DRS) raced this car in Lotus Cup as it is represented in this advertisement. Larry won the championship in 2013 in Cup Class. The following year we raced the car in SuperSport class. I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014. I purchased the car from Larry in 2015. We raced it only a few times, with a win at COTA. Then I sold it to the current owner that is listing it now. These are all facts, not created stories.




Sorry Kris, but I think what I said is true "That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration." I probably should have been more precise by saying that the "car" in its current configuration never won any championships. If I'm wrong and this car, as currently configured, competed in the CUP Class or SuperSport Class with 310 HP...then WOW, that would have been inconsistent with the class rules back in 2013. I'm sure it did not, as you are one of the most ethical and honest people I know. :bow:

In no way, am I commenting, nor did I dispute that, DRS "supported" that car for most of its entire life after Larry purchased it from me in 2010 (it might have been late 2009). Nor, is it my intention to not acknowledge that the car when it was mostly stock won the class championship in 2013, in the very capable hands of Larry. :clap:

As for me and my participation in Lotus Cup -- I feel hurt :frown2: by your statement ... "I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014." I'm clearly a "forgetable" person. :D

Just for the record, I did run the entire 2013 season (and even notched a few overall wins. ;) I also did a couple races in 2014.

The above are facts and not stories >:) ..... love you Kris and the work you do for the Lotus community.

I apoligize, if I caused you any consternation. I did not realize you created the AD that apexdc posted for the non-LotusTalk member/owner of the car in question.

Kris from DRS 03-15-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 5930640)
Sorry Kris, but I think what I said is true "That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration." I probably should have been more precise by saying that the "car" in its current configuration never won any championships. If I'm wrong and this car, as currently configured, competed in the CUP Class or SuperSport Class with 310 HP...then WOW, that would have been inconsistent with the class rules back in 2013. I'm sure it did not, as you are one of the most ethical and honest people I know. :bow:

In no way, am I commenting, nor did I dispute that, DRS "supported" that car for most of its entire life after Larry purchased it from me in 2010 (it might have been late 2009). Nor, is it my intention to not acknowledge that the car when it was mostly stock won the class championship in 2013, in the very capable hands of Larry. :clap:

As for me and my participation in Lotus Cup -- I feel hurt :frown2: by your statement ... "I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014." I'm clearly a "forgetable" person. :D

Just for the record, I did run the entire 2013 season (and even notched a few overall wins. ;) I also did a couple races in 2014.

The above are facts and not stories >:) ..... love you Kris and the work you do for the Lotus community.

I apoligize, if I caused you any consternation. I did not realize you created the AD that apexdc posted for the non-LotusTalk member/owner of the car in question.

Hi Jack,

I wasn't meaning to insult you by saying I don't remember seeing you a lot during those last years of the series...It was just my recollection that you started to do more stuff at SMMR and less LCUSA towards the end.
Larry had some fun battles with Bryant and Wang before he left, and that was when the car started to evolve.

The "Cup Class" started to lose it's essence, and loopholes in the rules started to allow for bigger wings, more aggressive aero, and more power... we started chasing that carrot for sure. Then the Super Sport class was introduced as a middle ground for modified cars that were not fast enough to be in Trophy Class. The rules were that the cars could not exceed 260 Whp on a SuperFlow dyno (the type that both Rob Dietsch and myself have). I am not sure how well that was enforced, but that's what it was. The trick was to run the small pulley and tune the engine to have max power and torque in the broadest power band possible, but since the SC engines Hp curves are linear you can simply detune the engine only at peak to be just barely within the rules.

We then were forced to switch back to the stock SC pulley, and I think that was a smart decision for the series. I honestly cannot remember now if that pulley rule was for both Cup and Super Sport, or only Cup. We only ran Super Sport for 1 season.

The current owner of the car elected to have us reinstall the smaller pulley, hence more power than what was dictated in the rule set. And since he was not restricted by those rules in LCUSA we used a normal ECU calibration with our EFI system to make more power. So you are partially correct, but the car was run with one pulley and then the other and the power level was controlled by the series (which we did via electronics).

Anyway, nothing to argue over...we're still friends right? Don't want to sidetrack this thread for what it is truly intended for, and that is for this car to be sold and enjoyed by the new owner. It was loved by all previous owners and served us all well. To this day I always tell people that was the best handling Lotus I have ever driven. I swear that chassis was special somehow.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome