2007 Lotus Exige Cup Car serial number 001 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jack
  • 1 Post By Kris from DRS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

2007 Lotus Exige Cup Car serial number 001

I am posting this on behalf of my friend, Eric Marston. I have driven this car and it is fantastic! Please call Eric direct for more info.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Very successful and well cared for Lotus Exige Cup car. This car won the Lotus Cup Championship in 2013 and had many other wins. For the last few years, it was owned by DRS race shop that ran the car which was perfectly maintained as well as given some great upgrades.

I bought the car 1.5 years ago and have used it for track days and SCCA races.

The car had two 1st place and four 2nd place finishes in the SCCA SP class.

It has continued to be loved and cared for by Kris Valdez at DRS race shop during this time.

The Lotus has 310 HP and only weighs 1750 lbs. It is incredibly fast and more importantly perfectly balanced and just a joy to drive. The engine is fully built with Cosworth pistons and rods. It also has the Cosworth PI data systems with full telemetry.

I am only selling as I have moved to different race series and wonít have time to drive the Lotus for a while. I really wish I didnít need to sell it, it is such a perfect race and track car.

Full specs:
Rebuilt SC and DRS / Cosworth pistons and rods
Ferrea valves and Eibach valve springs in cylinder head
260 wheel Hp on DRS SuperFlow dyno (with aftermarket pulley)
Cosworth / Pi Research Omega D2 dash / logger
DRS header and Burns exhaust
Spare lower Db muffler and tailpipe set up for Laguna Seca
Water-to-Air intercooler System
Ohlins dampers w/ 500/600 springs
Monoballs Spherical control arm bearings
AP 4 pot calipers and Cup rotors
Lots of Aero improvements, Reverie splitter and diffuser
Lotus Motorsport spec rear wing (Reverie)
Comes with extra light weight roof
New Willans 6 pt safety harness for use with HANS
New Recaro SPG seat
Lifeline 4L electric fire system
ATL / Lotus spec Fuel Cell ~ 16.5 Gal capacity
Spare set of Team Dynamics wheels w/ Yoko slicks mounted
Spare set of Lotus Motorsport wheels w/ rain tires mounted

Over $100,000 invested in upgrades and services + cost of car.

Asking $59,999 Eric Marston 805-216-7454
Attached Images

2006 Elise, Graphite Grey/Red leather, Sport Elise Suspension, Cup airbox, ECU ref lash, MonoBalls, etc. etc.
1992 900SS Ducati Race Spec Built by Ferracci
2006 KTM 950 SuperMoto, a work in progress

Old stuff gone: Ferrari 275GTB/4, '69 1275 Cooper S. '72 500 Fiat, old Jags, etc. Never bought a boring car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:26 PM

That was my car originally -- I purchased it new in 2007.....ran it in Lotus Challenge; then Lotus CupUSA (Spec Class) ..... sold to another competitor in 2009 who ran it Lotus CupUSA ... then it ended up with Kris at DRS. That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration. It's just amazing how stories get created.

My car .... first Cup 255 imported....
Attached Images

Kubera likes this.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:45 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
That was my car originally -- I purchased it new in 2007.....ran it in Lotus Challenge; then Lotus CupUSA (Spec Class) ..... sold to another competitor in 2009 who ran it Lotus CupUSA ... then it ended up with Kris at DRS. That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration. It's just amazing how stories get created.

You've had a rough life Jack.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
You've had a rough life Jack.

San
San, you said that wrong, @Jack has the "Perfect Life"!

Later,
Eldon

Last edited by eldonz; 03-05-2019 at 04:56 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Dynamic Racing Solutions

Quote:

Jack, that's simply not true. After you sold this car to Larry Schnur we did all of the modifications that brought it to this current spec. We (DRS) raced this car in Lotus Cup as it is represented in this advertisement. Larry won the championship in 2013 in Cup Class. The following year we raced the car in SuperSport class. I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014. I purchased the car from Larry in 2015. We raced it only a few times, with a win at COTA. Then I sold it to the current owner that is listing it now. These are all facts, not created stories.

Motorsport Components and Expert Service. Complete Lotus maintenance, installations, track preparation and specialty services. Visit our website at http://drspower.com
and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/drspower
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 05:12 PM

This was literally my dream car when it was new. GLWS.

2006 Exige
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris from DRS View Post
Jack, that's simply not true. After you sold this car to Larry Schnur we did all of the modifications that brought it to this current spec. We (DRS) raced this car in Lotus Cup as it is represented in this advertisement. Larry won the championship in 2013 in Cup Class. The following year we raced the car in SuperSport class. I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014. I purchased the car from Larry in 2015. We raced it only a few times, with a win at COTA. Then I sold it to the current owner that is listing it now. These are all facts, not created stories.

Sorry Kris, but I think what I said is true "That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration." I probably should have been more precise by saying that the "car" in its current configuration never won any championships. If I'm wrong and this car, as currently configured, competed in the CUP Class or SuperSport Class with 310 HP...then WOW, that would have been inconsistent with the class rules back in 2013. I'm sure it did not, as you are one of the most ethical and honest people I know.

In no way, am I commenting, nor did I dispute that, DRS "supported" that car for most of its entire life after Larry purchased it from me in 2010 (it might have been late 2009). Nor, is it my intention to not acknowledge that the car when it was mostly stock won the class championship in 2013, in the very capable hands of Larry.

As for me and my participation in Lotus Cup -- I feel hurt by your statement ... "I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014." I'm clearly a "forgetable" person.

Just for the record, I did run the entire 2013 season (and even notched a few overall wins. I also did a couple races in 2014.

The above are facts and not stories ..... love you Kris and the work you do for the Lotus community.

I apoligize, if I caused you any consternation. I did not realize you created the AD that apexdc posted for the non-LotusTalk member/owner of the car in question.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Dynamic Racing Solutions

Quote:
Sorry Kris, but I think what I said is true "That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration." I probably should have been more precise by saying that the "car" in its current configuration never won any championships. If I'm wrong and this car, as currently configured, competed in the CUP Class or SuperSport Class with 310 HP...then WOW, that would have been inconsistent with the class rules back in 2013. I'm sure it did not, as you are one of the most ethical and honest people I know.

In no way, am I commenting, nor did I dispute that, DRS "supported" that car for most of its entire life after Larry purchased it from me in 2010 (it might have been late 2009). Nor, is it my intention to not acknowledge that the car when it was mostly stock won the class championship in 2013, in the very capable hands of Larry.

As for me and my participation in Lotus Cup -- I feel hurt by your statement ... "I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014." I'm clearly a "forgetable" person.

Just for the record, I did run the entire 2013 season (and even notched a few overall wins. I also did a couple races in 2014.

The above are facts and not stories ..... love you Kris and the work you do for the Lotus community.

I apoligize, if I caused you any consternation. I did not realize you created the AD that apexdc posted for the non-LotusTalk member/owner of the car in question.
Hi Jack,

I wasn't meaning to insult you by saying I don't remember seeing you a lot during those last years of the series...It was just my recollection that you started to do more stuff at SMMR and less LCUSA towards the end.
Larry had some fun battles with Bryant and Wang before he left, and that was when the car started to evolve.

The "Cup Class" started to lose it's essence, and loopholes in the rules started to allow for bigger wings, more aggressive aero, and more power... we started chasing that carrot for sure. Then the Super Sport class was introduced as a middle ground for modified cars that were not fast enough to be in Trophy Class. The rules were that the cars could not exceed 260 Whp on a SuperFlow dyno (the type that both Rob Dietsch and myself have). I am not sure how well that was enforced, but that's what it was. The trick was to run the small pulley and tune the engine to have max power and torque in the broadest power band possible, but since the SC engines Hp curves are linear you can simply detune the engine only at peak to be just barely within the rules.

We then were forced to switch back to the stock SC pulley, and I think that was a smart decision for the series. I honestly cannot remember now if that pulley rule was for both Cup and Super Sport, or only Cup. We only ran Super Sport for 1 season.

The current owner of the car elected to have us reinstall the smaller pulley, hence more power than what was dictated in the rule set. And since he was not restricted by those rules in LCUSA we used a normal ECU calibration with our EFI system to make more power. So you are partially correct, but the car was run with one pulley and then the other and the power level was controlled by the series (which we did via electronics).

Anyway, nothing to argue over...we're still friends right? Don't want to sidetrack this thread for what it is truly intended for, and that is for this car to be sold and enjoyed by the new owner. It was loved by all previous owners and served us all well. To this day I always tell people that was the best handling Lotus I have ever driven. I swear that chassis was special somehow.
JohnnyB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in