2007 Lotus Exige S Race Car - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By acslater
  • 1 Post By acslater

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Hey all, it's time for me to sell my 2007 Lotus Exige S. This car is set up to race, but has not been used in wheel-to-wheel competition, just a few TTs and lots of track days; all it needs is a window net, kill switch, and fire suppression system (series rules may vary). It also makes a great TT or HPDE car (which is what I use it for).

Modifications:
  • Transmission: Blackwatch Racing C64 Transmission (RECENTLY BUILT), stock final drive, factory LSD, transmission cooler, Alitech shifter connected to LETSLA with new cables; ACT HDSS clutch with Fidanza flywheel (JUST REPLACED)
  • Engine: BOE Fab long-rod motor (~30 hrs), JRC head, stage 3 cams, Ferrea solid rockers (no VVTi, no cam-wipe), BOE rear oil cooler, gPan2 oil pan, BOE catch can, Sector111 ProRad triple pass radiator with dual SPAL puller fans, REV400 s/c with front HEX and custom tune (tuned at BOE), aluminum coolant swirl pots and Canton aluminum recovery tank, BOE fuel surge tank; currently running WATER and Water Wetter which WILL FREEZE in cold temps (I'm in CA); 355 whp, 255 wtq
  • Interior/Exterior: passenger & driver Tillett B5 seats, schroth 6-point harnesses, AiM MXS data acquisition with lambda O2, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel press, trans temp, QR hub and OMP trecento wheel, cage, polycarbonate windshield and rear window, BOE clam hinge kit, carbon fiber roof
  • Suspension: Penske D/A 550f/800r (RECENTLY REBUILT); blackwatch nylatron bushes (JUST REPLACED), Elise Parts steering arms, BOE drop joints (fixes roll center, ride height at 117f/120r), track pack sway bar, SSC upgraded rear toe link kit
  • Brakes: AP Racing 315mm F/ 330mm R big brake kit and Carbotech XP10/8 pads, braided stainless lines
  • Aero: ReVerie clam-mounted wing, ReVerie splitter, ReVerie side skirts APR canards, difflow diffuser; approx 700 lbs of total downforce at 100 mph per ReVerie wind tunnel testing
  • Wheels: Toyo R888R 205/45-16 and 235/40-17 on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels (16x7 et30/ 17x8 et38) mounted on wheel studs

This car is fast VERY fast. 1:35 at Laguna on sound-restricted days, with two mufflers (dual STs). 1:55 bypass/1:57 cyclone at Thunderhill, 1:48 Sonoma... faster driver could easily get another 2-3 seconds out of it all around. Suspension is dialed to be on the safer side; a looser setup would be faster. Data logs for the entire engine and trans life.

Disclosures:

There are really only three areas that have to be tended to:
  • oil consumption - car consumes oil through the catch can and (I believe) through the rings, primarily when cold (i.e., longer sessions don't meaningfully lead to increased consumption, as far as I can tell). I take a spare quart with me for the whole day, but I don't use the whole thing to top up between sessions. My understanding is that while not ideal, this isn't too uncommon with a race motor revving this high with this level of boost.
  • trans temps - I added the trans cooler because heat killed the last trans. With the trans cooler, I'm seeing temps at 190F, which is ideal.
  • the polycarbonate windshield is currently reinforced with aluminum stock attached directly to the windshield. When I bought the windshield, I was told it wouldn't flex, but it does. This was a retrofit, and it works for that purpose (i.e., the windshield no longer deflects at 130+ mph). However, ideally, the aluminum should be mounted to the car, through the windshield.

The car has never been crashed. Prior to my ownership, the PO hit a rabbit and the front clam was repaired with very minor damage. I have had the clam off multiple times and the repair was excellent. I also repainted the clam in 2015 and got it wrapped. Headlights are included in the sale. Car is sold as-is with no warranty, express or implied. Title is included. Mileage on the chassis is approximately 85k.

A full photo dump will be available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GL..._Oczz3fpClMwfZ

I am offering it at a very reasonable $50k and will consider reasonable offers. I'll be at Laguna this weekend doing what may be my last hurrah, feel free to reach out and come see it in action.

Last edited by acslater; 04-18-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:38 PM
The Enforcer

Thank you for posting a proper for sale ad and a link to pictures, not to Craigslist, Ebay etc. GLWS and I have to ask, are you purchasing something else for the track?

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
Thank you for posting a proper for sale ad and a link to pictures, not to Craigslist, Ebay etc. GLWS and I have to ask, are you purchasing something else for the track?

San
Thanks, San. I picked up a Spec Miata in January that I’m racing in Champ Car and that will be my primary track vehicle for the near future, but at the same time I’m upgrading homes and starting a family - too many fish to fry, as they say! I partially hope I won’t be able to get a reasonable offer for it so I can justify keeping it 🙂
forkmeupscotty likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:35 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater View Post
Thanks, San. I picked up a Spec Miata in January that Iím racing in Champ Car and that will be my primary track vehicle for the near future, but at the same time Iím upgrading homes and starting a family - too many fish to fry, as they say! I partially hope I wonít be able to get a reasonable offer for it so I can justify keeping it 🙂
Good luck to you either way.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:27 PM

@acslater

1. Can you add interior and engine bay photos?
2. polycarbonate windshield - Does it have tear-away film on it? What condition is it currently in (scratches, pits)? Brand or where did you get it?
3. AC - I assume Air Conditioning has been removed with the front Hex install? If so, was it a total system delete including hard lines in sills?
4. Heater - Is the heater box and plumbing still in place?
5. Is the car currently registered?

Thanks!

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes, I’ll be posting more pictures this weekend to the Drive folder... Currently dealing with selling and buying a house, so it’s been hectic.

The windshield doesn’t have film on it but it’s barely a year old and has no notable defects. I got it from Greg’s Race Parts, and the brand is Optic Armor (https://www.gregsraceparts.com/produ...se-exige-s2-s3)

AC is gone and everything has been pulled out. I still have quite a few of the parts, but I imagine it would be quite a task to reassemble. Same with heater.

The car is registered PNO (planned non-op). If you’re looking to make it street legal, I would have to strongly STRONGLY advise that you cut out the front part of the cage. Don’t drive around on the street with a cage and no helmet. This wouldn’t be too difficult to do, as far as I can tell, but I would talk to BOE or a reputable cage builder about it first. A few interior pieces (e.g., sills) would also have to be replaced but again, doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwehnes View Post
@acslater

1. Can you add interior and engine bay photos?
2. polycarbonate windshield - Does it have tear-away film on it? What condition is it currently in (scratches, pits)? Brand or where did you get it?
3. AC - I assume Air Conditioning has been removed with the front Hex install? If so, was it a total system delete including hard lines in sills?
4. Heater - Is the heater box and plumbing still in place?
5. Is the car currently registered?

Thanks!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:12 PM

That is a VERY reasonable price.

GLTS

07 ExigeS;05 Elise(RIP);06 V70R;12 JKUR
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 08:52 PM

Hello - I've just sold my Radical and am in the market for something pretty much exactly like this. I think I am too new to the forum to PM you - could you please email me at [email protected]? I am local (live in the South Bay, work in Sunnyvale) and would be very interested in coming to see it.

Thank you!
Jeff
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey Jeff, just emailed you - feel free to give me a call or shoot me a text when you have a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwr View Post
Hello - I've just sold my Radical and am in the market for something pretty much exactly like this. I think I am too new to the forum to PM you - could you please email me at [email protected]? I am local (live in the South Bay, work in Sunnyvale) and would be very interested in coming to see it.

Thank you!
Jeff
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:58 PM

Awesome car!. Love the Alitech on it. What a work of art!

Question re seats...how did you like the B5s for the track...did you have enough lateral support? In process of deciding b/w B5 and B6. Also, did you use HANS with them? Did you find the rake on the seatback gave enough fore/aft room for a helmet?

Thanks and GLWS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in