2008 Lotus Elise SC - 60th Anniversary Edition - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

2008 Lotus Elise SC - 60th Anniversary Edition

Year: 2008
Make: Lotus
Model: Elise SC 60th Anniversary Edition
Price: $55,000
Mileage: 25,000
Color: Phantom Black with Arctic Silver stripes
Location (State): North New Jersey

Located in North New Jersey (Bergen County), I purchased the vehicle back in 2013 with 9,300 miles. Now with close to 25,000 miles, I’ve pretty much driven a majority of the miles. I’ve never tracked the car since it’s been more of a weekend (cars and coffee) vehicle with the occasional drive to work. The car has a clean title (no lien), comes with two sets of keys and a bunch of additional goodies mentioned below.

Additionally, for those of you that are unfamiliar with this edition of the Elise, Lotus limited the production quantity to the following (Certificate of Provenance available with vehicle):
The USA 2008 model year there were 78 Elise (normally aspirated) models including 50 Elise ‘California’ special editions and 167 Elise SC models including 39 Elise SC ‘60th Anniversary’ special editions. For clarification the following is based on serial number sequence for the USA market 2008 model year Elise SC only;
Your car was the 151st out of 167 cars,
Your car was the 19th out of 27 cars in Phantom Black
Your car was the 10th out of 18 in Phantom Black with Arctic Silver stripes,
The totals for the ‘60th Anniversary’ edition are; 5x British Racing Green/twin Saffron Yellow stripes 7x Storm Titanium/twin Canyon Red stripes 9x Saffron Yellow/twin Phantom Black stripes 18x Phantom Black/twin Arctic Silver stripes.

Since the vehicle is a special edition, the following options were added:
Touring Pack
o Thermal and sound-insulated soft top, full leather seats and door trim
o Upgraded Alpine 4-speaker stereo system
o Additional sound insulation throughout vehicle
o Full carpet set and passenger well footrest
Track Pack
o Fully adjustable Bilstein dampers with remote front reservoirs and threaded spring perches
Sport Pack – which includes
o Lightweight forged silver alloy wheels
o Lotus sport-tuned suspension
o Twin oil coolers
o Traction control and ProBax sport seats (Yes, the more comfortable Exige style seats)
Star shield
T45 seat belt anchor frame and harness bar (with 4 point harness)

Additional upgrades added:
  • Stage 2 exhaust installed (Passes NJ state emissions)
  • Increased oil pan capacity (I believe it's sector 111)
  • Replaced head unit with Pioneer DEH-X6600BT
  • Green wire mod (Turned off the daytime running lights)
  • Short stop clutch mod
  • Installed short rails for driver side (Think opposite of tall rails)
  • Fire extinguisher installed on passenger side (Never used!)
  • Front tow hook mounted with quick release license plate holder
  • Battery trickle charger & Car cover (Comes with the car)
  • Ceramic coating added Sept ‘17

Areas that could use some love:
Airbag light on – William Thomas looked into the issue and considered it not worth the time to snake down the cause. I have the codes pulled & available for the new owner.
Moisture residue in headlamps – With the green wire mod the headlights tend not to fog while driving. I think the headlights just need to be resealed but I haven’t gotten around to the repair

Additional photos are also available upon request.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:28 PM

I have the exact same car and I'm CRAZY about it. I noticed a couple of other items you might want to point out about this car:

1. Those silver 4-point belts are not stock. I had the same ones installed on my car and they are really striking, matched up against the black/silver color of the car.
2. Looks like you have Sector111 (Inokinetics) pedals, which include a wider accelerator to facilitate heel-toe maneuvers. I had the same ones installed on my car.

If I didn't already own the exact same car (also with about 25,000 miles), I'd be buying this one.

GLWS.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeLotus View Post
I have the exact same car and I'm CRAZY about it. I noticed a couple of other items you might want to point out about this car:

1. Those silver 4-point belts are not stock. I had the same ones installed on my car and they are really striking, matched up against the black/silver color of the car.
2. Looks like you have Sector111 (Inokinetics) pedals, which include a wider accelerator to facilitate heel-toe maneuvers. I had the same ones installed on my car.

If I didn't already own the exact same car (also with about 25,000 miles), I'd be buying this one.

GLWS.
Thanks SergeLotus! Made a note of it and will update on any additional postings. It really is a fantastic car and I appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in