2013 Evora S 2+2 - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 03:11 PM

How do I contact you for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 07:03 PM

Awesome car. I honestly think the interior quality was much nicer in the S1/S2 Evoras compared to the 400, particularly the Recaros. GLWS
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Itís posted on Ebay now, $45K no reserve, First bid its sold...

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 07:30 AM

I live in los angeles and would like to come check it out. I will give you the 45 if i get the chance to see it and like it. no haggles. I can come before thursday this week if interested. Please let me know so i can book flight..
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Valdivia View Post
I live in los angeles and would like to come check it out. I will give you the 45 if i get the chance to see it and like it. no haggles. I can come before thursday this week if interested. Please let me know so i can book flight..
Thanks but Im going to let it run its course on Ebay.
I had it listed on here a week and nobody seemed interested so I sought other avenues to sell it.
$45K is my rock bottom, which would be a stellar deal for someone if it sold for that.
I imagine it will get bid up over that.

Plus, years ago I was selling a daily driven Porsche 911 and some guy flew in to see it, and he was WAY anal about every little detail and it didnít meet his standard and he wanted me to pay for his return trip.
Yeah...No.

But youíre more than welcome to come check it out.
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:27 AM

I get you. For sure. I literally just signed up here yesterday just to contact you because ebay wont let me haha. I think your images and info are clear enough. Unfortunately i can only come see it you would consider my offer to make it worth while the travel. I have been wanting a lotus evora for a long time so its more of a reward than a purchase. I just have to be real with myself.

Let me know if anything changes 🙂
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 02:22 PM

This is an awesome deal. Great looking car. This is what I’m looking for but if only it was in 6months.

Oooor you take my Elise + cash
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A friend of mine with an Elise drove it yesterday, heís now got the Evora bug. They handle just as good, but the ride quality is miles better as well as the interior and daily drivability. Heís shocked at how good it is...said he could take corners with way more confidence.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 04:16 PM

I assume you sold the 2nd set of wheels with winter tires?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

-2010 Phantom Black Exige S240 [Kold-fire Custom Tune] [RLS 3.0"][RLS IC, IC pipe, IC shroud, Heatshield] [RLS sidescoop kit] [Saiku Michi Catch Can] [Walboro 255][BWR De-cat] [BOE 1/4 Stick] [TRD Intake] [Jim Clayton's Tow Hook] [CF Splitter, Sideskirts, Sidescoops, Wing Blade, Gas Cap]
-1995 Whitest White RHD Subaru Impreza STi type RA ver. II
-1976 Toyota Celica GT
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:20 PM

I too am a fan of the car but getting no serious bites on my modified Corvette.

What can you tell us about your wheel and exhaust choice?

Are these wheels forged and light, or an aesthetic choice?

Did you tune for the exhaust?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzflair View Post
I assume you sold the 2nd set of wheels with winter tires?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
No I still have them, Iíll sell them later, doesnít make financial sense to sell them with the car, would basically be giving them away.
sizzflair likes this.
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Hester View Post
I too am a fan of the car but getting no serious bites on my modified Corvette.

What can you tell us about your wheel and exhaust choice?

Are these wheels forged and light, or an aesthetic choice?

Did you tune for the exhaust?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wheels arenít aesthetic, theyíre Lotus Factory option, Forged Aluminum wheels. Light weight and strong.

The exhaust is custom made by 2bular in England. Its their ďEngine Protection Kit, and their 70mm valved exhaust with the HJS 200 cell cat. Known to be one of the best built systems for an Evora. The car is not tuned for the exhaust. Technically it doesnít need to be tuned just for the exhaust, but, all Evoraís run rich from the factory and they could definitely be improved with a custom tune.

When I say custom tune, I mean a custom, dyno ran tune just for the car, not a generic one tune fits all internet download tune. Unfortunately thereís just not many shops that have the ability to custom tune Evoras. There might be one in Vegas. Greg with Gregs Race Parts would know better than me. He had his Evora tuned by them I think.

Last edited by Dus10; 08-21-2019 at 09:00 PM.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Alex,
here’s your answer.

No, don’t have the stock exhaust, do have the stock CAT. But I imagine in CA all they can do to verify swapped exhaust is a visual. The Evora has a solid panel underneath so even if they inspect the bottom they cant see anything unless they remove a ton of bolts to take the panel off. If they look from the top you cant see the headers nor the exhaust either. So unless you tell them it should pass smog in CA. It defaults to normal when starting so it sounds stock.

I cant really tell if any of the chips got through the bra, it doesn’t look like it. The lower front lip spoiler is wrapped in a black vinyl, so its protected. If you rub your hand underneath the spoiler you feel the vinyl where it bunches up a little as its tries to conform to the radius. But there’s little black plastic pucks underneath the front that act like frame sliders so the aluminum tray underneath is untouched. The car isn’t that low, you really don’t have to worry about scraping a lot of stuff unless the approach angle on a steep driveway is extreme. But the front of the car is in really good shape considering its been daily driven for 4 years. But I stay pretty far back from cars in front me most days. Sadly the front of the car was spotless and perfect up until last year when in October I went on a drive through northern CA with some friends from Santa Rossa and their damn Ferrari’s and Lamborghini’s had a bad trait of spitting small pebbles back 100 yards or so. All marks in the front of the car came from that one trip.

The wiring harness issue was as you stated, cold start issues, random idle, misfire codes. They replaced the first one and about a week after getting it back it started to do the same as before but worse, so Lotus figured they must have replaced a bad harness with a worse harness
so they replaced it again with the updated version. Haven’t had a problem since.

No track days nor autocross, its too much wear and tear on a daily driver.

A/C works great. No problem keeping up with our 100+ deg heat days.

Actually have a friend here in town that sells Lotus parts online, Gregs Race Parts...
Greg has the factory Lotus laptop, if he’s available we could have him run that report.

The only other things I can think of: recently had the windshield replaced and in the process of putting in the new windshield the plastic trim piece that fits from the bottom of the glass to underneath the bonnet cracked at one of the fastener locations. Those trim panels are terribly cheap thin plastic, like the stock A-pillar trims are, and are known to crack. Im surprised it hadn’t happened before now. I just noticed it two days ago.

The airbag cover on the psgr side dash has popped up at the back, Not bad, but I assume the clips that hold it down broke. Its another common occurrence with these cars. Its not so bad that it bugged me so I never bothered to fix it. Its a dash out job which can be done at home but needs two people to do it safely without screwing up the finish on anything, so I never attempted it. You can see it in some of the photos.

The car is actually in really good condition for a daily driver, much better than your average vehicle. There are no scratches in the paint.
The only place that has some sand pitting is behind the doors in front of the rear wheels. You’ll notice the newer Evora’s now have a black vinyl decal like old 911’s used to have to mitigate that. I had the bottom side sills wrapped in black vinyl when I bought it, but I didn’t think to cover those areas. But they’re not bad at all, you have to get really close to see anything.

The Lotus badge on the front has a small nick in it too buts its not bad.

The clutch is totally fine, Im not a drag racer / launcher, and I’m a rev matcher when shifting down so it’s life has been pretty easy.
The engine is perfect, burns absolutely zero oil. If I were to keep it the only thing it really needs is a custom tune. Evora’s run too rich from the factory and it robs engine response and power but rich is safe as far as longevity goes.

It actually runs way better at sea level than it does up here at altitude, I love driving it in California.

But I have the car priced lower than most because of the few flaws.

----------

Last edited by Dus10; 08-24-2019 at 11:10 PM.
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Alex, (sorry, I thought you were someone else that has been contacting me as well)
The rear sail panel is a Techno Craft, its the second one on the car, the car came with one and it cracked as you said. I bought this one as a replacement maybe two months ago. Still have the cracked unit.

As far as snow and corrosion goes, It snows in reno but not a lot, maybe twice a year and it doesn’t stick around long, and the car is aluminum. Aluminum does corrode but not like rust, it forms a whiteish film which actually acts as a barrier, but that being said the entire car chassis is anodized which means it wont corrode. And I was religious about washing it after it had been driven in snow, Im a car guy and paranoid about stuff like that too. But the entire bottom of the car is covered with an aluminum plate and the wheel arches have a thick felt like cover in them so its actually sealed from the elements pretty well. Corrosion is not a problem. You can crawl all over it and under it and wont find rust or corrosion. These things aren’t that fragile where driving them in rain or snow means they’re going to fall apart, they don’t dissolve and actually have outdoor paint. Modern manufacturing is pretty good at corrosion inhibitors these days hence why most mfgs have chassis corrosion warranties that are way longer than the factory engine warranty.

I still have the factory CAT, which if for some reason CA wont smog it, it would be because of that and that alone, but they would have to really tear into the car to find out the CAT was different, it even looks a lot like the stock unit. But I see way too many videos on Youtube of California car guys with highly modified GTR’s and Porsche’s , Lambo’s, etc for it to be that tough to smog a car with after market exhaust. They’re getting it done somehow.
But you could always have that cat swapped out.

But the car is a driver, it was not my garage queen. It’s not perfect, it’s not a collectible and it has normal wear and tear, actually it doesn’t, Its in much better shape than most daily driven vehicles. Sounds like you need to spend a little more money and buy one thats not a daily driver. You have a lot of reservations about this car, which is totally fine, but don’t settle just because the price is right.

Last edited by Dus10; 08-24-2019 at 11:09 PM. Reason: change
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 11:30 PM

Man, this sure looks like a great deal for a terrific car. Beautiful (and rare) color, all the options, and some cool extras. No need to apologize for this one, Dus10! Plus I think there are photos/video of every nut and bolt on the thing! GLWS
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Car sold, only 1 bid at $45K. Way under valued compared to everything else Evora wise for sale right now, but oh well.
I just wanted $45K and thats what I got. Guy whom bought it should be stoked when he sees it, my descriptions I think probably make it sound worse than it is...haha. So away she goes...
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 12:30 PM

great price
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:36 PM

Enjoy shopping for your R8! There are nice cars but I’m sticking with shopping for an Evora as want something with a back seat for my kids. Still need to save up some more money otherwise might have bought yours.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:03 AM

Disappointed I missed this, please post up if for some reason the eBay deal falls through!
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Briskie View Post
Disappointed I missed this, please post up if for some reason the eBay deal falls through!
Yes please let me know if the eBay deal does not go thru. Iíll stand second to mike briske.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in