FS: 2006 Lotus Exige Ardent Red - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By Scoop101
  • 1 Post By Crazy05
  • 2 Post By Scoop101

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

FS: 2006 Lotus Exige Ardent Red

Hey Guys - It's been about a year since I purchased my 2006 Lotus Exige from this forum and, unfortunately, I'm putting it up for sale.

Reason for sale: I thought this car was going to let me "easily" drive to the track, do a few track events and drive back home. It was/still is one of my dream cars and, at the time I purchased it, the Exige seemed like such a better idea than trailering my 993 race car - I know this sounds beyond ridiculous. In reality, I live in Manhattan, have a wife, 3 kids and keep the car in my garage on Staten Island. I have no time to drive and enjoy it. In fact, it took me 5 months to title the car after purchasing it. I made it to a total of 2 track days in the time I've owned it and I realized I'm never going to drive it or even get to look at it much, since I live in Manhattan and dont have a garage. I've put less than 2,000 miles on the car. I need an M3 sedan or something that can hold kids so I can drive/keep in the city, use with my kids and drive to the track occasionally.

So here goes...apologies in advance if its a long post. I spent a lot of time finding this car, tracking down its owners and making sure it was serviced correctly. I'll post more pics and info as we get to the weekend. Please let me know if there are any specific pictures you'd like to see before the weekend, as I plan to head to the garage and take more detailed pics. Thanks

Asking: $43,000.00 obo

2006 Lotus Exige
Ardent red
~25,000 miles (I will update with actual once I get back to my garage)
Fully stock, except for Inokinetic GPAN3
Excellent condition inside and out
Track package
Touring package
Limited slip diff
All available options
Original window sticker, factory books and a few receipts from previous owner, plus all of mine
Includes rare factory fog lights with interior factory switch
Factory oil line recall completed.
Only aftermarket upgrades include having the hazard prone stock battery replaced with a smaller lightweight battery and aluminum bracket, and a radio head unit upgrade - plus front/rear tow hooks (which I added).

All fluids and maintenance up to date, done less than 1 year ago at William Thomas Roadsters in NJ.
* Shortly after purchasing the car and before registering it, I dropped it off at William Thomas Roadsters. I had Bill refresh all fluids, so we could start with a base service schedule. I also had him check the cams to make sure there was no wear, which is a concern on these cars. They were perfect. I've included pictures.

Relatively new tires (Toyo r888) installed in September 2018 with plenty of tread left. They had about 200 miles on them when I purchased the car and have 2 track days on them.

Exterior paint in nearly new/ excellent condition. A few tiny chips in clear bra (starshield). Not noticeable unless pointed out. I will point in pictures.

Car has been inside a temperature controlled garage garage. She has been meticulously pampered, both aesthetically and mechanically. And not driven enough.

A few other interesting things:

1. Given I thought this was going to be an occasional track car, I had all remaining body panels covered with Lamin-X to ensure no rock chips when driving on track. I also had numbers added a lotus logo on the roof. The car still has the original starshield, plus the Lamin-x. Unfortunately, I only drove it on track twice.

2. After purchasing it, I tracked down all 5 owners. I've been able to speak with all of them, except the original owner who was/is a member on the forum. I will provide the next owner all details, names and phone numbers. I'll post some of the ownership details later in the thread. Key point - the car completely checks out. All original.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Additional pics. Will post more detailed pics this weekend.

PM me with any questions.
Attached Images

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:24 PM

Garage
Other than the minor chips etc mentioned, are there any other damage observations worth noting for the interior or exterior. On your track days, did you identify any concerns with down selecting from 3rd to second gear?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Hey Andy - Not at all. I will take some pics this weekend. The minor chips that were mentioned were there when I purchased the car. You can also find the previous for sale post when I purchased the car.

On the 2 track days I did, I didn't have any concerns with down selecting 3rd to 2nd gear. I did think the shift linkage could use some upgrading if I continued to use it for the track, which seems to be a point of improvement for most people tracking their Exiges. My shop didn't suggest upgrading anything, other than the oil pan, until I was comfortable with the car.

Thanks
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:37 PM

Garage
Awesome (I also reviewed the past 2 sales threads from past 2 owners - beautiful car) - I know someone not on the forum that wants one and has just been looking over my shoulder at all posts. Can you E-mail me (i have not been a LT member for long as I only just purchased my Elise, so I can't PM you): (remove the , in the following) A,n,d,y,@,F,o,x,l,e,i,g,h.org.uk
I will connect you to him. He'll need to arrange shipping if a sale does work out, as he is LA based.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Tentative buyer in place...great guy.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to Andy13 for the connection. I'm attaching some more photos.
Attached Images

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Some more pics of documents
Attached Images

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:14 PM

Awesome car and an awesome guy to do business with.
Looking forward to taking delivery - thanks for making this easy buddy!
Also thanks Andy13 for putting me in touch with this one.
Lotus993er and Crazy05 like this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop101 View Post
Awesome car and an awesome guy to do business with.
Looking forward to taking delivery - thanks for making this easy buddy!
Also thanks Andy13 for putting me in touch with this one.
Congrats! Looks like you got an amazing example!!!! Hope to see BOTH of you at some Lotus club of soCal meets!!!
Scoop101 likes this.

Currently:
2005 Lotus Elise
2015 Audi A3 Wife's car
2012 Toyota Prius C Daily Commuter
Sold:
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2003 350z Touring
2006 Eclipse GT
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:16 PM

You can count on it. Looking forward to it.
Jason Alderman and Crazy05 like this.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:27 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus993er View Post
Tentative buyer in place...great guy.
If you want this thread closed, quote me, mention me (@oldmansan) or PM me.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:32 AM
The Enforcer

Closing per OP's request.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in