The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

SoCal 2005 Arctic Silver Lotus Elise w/Rac Monolites & �hlins dampers

21K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  Joseapr 
#1 · (Edited)
SoCal 2005 Arctic Silver Lotus Elise w/Rac Monolites

Made the tough decision to let go of my Lotus Elise. I purchased it from a fellow forum member in May 2015.
It has been my reliable daily driver since then getting me to/from work without a hitch. It has never been tracked. Clean title.

It currently has 46,000 miles which will rise a bit daily as I use it to get to work.

The car is currently fitted with Double Adjustable Ohlins dampers which will be removed and replaced with the factory Bilstein dampers (20k miles on them) prior to sale. The sales price may be negotiated if the Ohlins are desired.

$29,500 as shown (excluding Ohlins dampers).

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Sorry for the late response - I have been off the forums for quite a while...The Elise has been in the body shop forever for the most minor things. I live in downtown San Diego and I've had the worst luck with people cracking the clams while the car is parked. It is almost always parked in our reserved and secured garage downstairs, but unfortunately, sometimes I need to leave it outside for a few hours to reserve a space for my wife who works weekends and nights (retail). Latest was a hit and run which has had the car out of commission for almost four months now. No damage has ever occurred to the car while in motion. Always stationary dings.

The body shop I take car to is excellent imo: www.ogaracoachlajolla.com
This time, they decided to not repair the front clam and go ahead and order a brand new one straight from the UK.
It has been a saga in getting this part, but I believe it will be worth it in the end.

Hopefully these ordeals are over soon and the car will be back up for sale very soon. The last email I got from the Service Manager said that the brand new clam should be arriving this or next week via DHL delivery.

The post doesn't indicate, but the car is fitted with a carbon fiber ITG cold air intake system. It sounds very unique as is. It would sound more aggressive with exhaust but it definitely has more than a stock engine note as-is.

I was actually planning on selling the Ohlins dampers separate so I took them off the car last weekend and reverted back to the stock Bilsteins (the post can be found in the 'Parts for Sale' forum). The Ohlins are ultra stiff for street use but if you are still interested we can talk about those as well as the potential buyers for the dampers have not sent payment yet. The car has never been tracked btw.

The post from 2017 lists the car at $29,500 but we can discuss if you are still interested. Mechanically, the engine and transmission are excellent - car has always been reliable to me. It's my daily driver and I struggle with letting it go, nothing drives like a Lotus..but that's life.

Interior is black btw. Thanks all.

#12 ·
Yes, you got it! First I had the OEM Yokohamas, then I tried RE-71R tires on all four - but replacing rear tires so often on a daily got old very quickly.
The pictures above are with Plot Super Sports on the rear. I just installed Pilot Sport 4S on the rear as of about 200 miles ago. The front tires on the car just do not wear out.

#15 ·
I had let the thread go without bumping since the car was getting a fresh new clam and that took forever. Then, I got cold feet regarding selling it.
Unfortunately, I need to sell the car as it does not fit within my budget. The mileage sits at about 63,000 currently.

So..bump.

#22 ·
I have done oil changes and maintenance myself. I just recently replaced a failed thermostat with the oem Toyota part (fun job) so that part is taken care of for you. But engine/transmission and the rest of the drivetrain is perfect. I only drive it more spiritedly when fully warmed up (when water temps have been constant for a while - wish I had an oil temp sensor). Also, I really almost never get on the second cam often. I don't know, I feel like it's abuse to do so...

Only known issues - Unfortunately, the air conditioning did recently stop blowing cold. I haven't had a chance to fully diagnose it (I checked the fuses and they look fine). ABS light intermittently turns on. Also haven't had a chance to fully diagnose, may be as simple as a connector/cable at the wheel sensors. Unsure.

It is my understanding that it is the stock radiator but from what I remember, the previous owner had something related to a recall taken care of. I can check the paperwork.

Soft top only.

Thanks everyone.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.