cheap 2GR-FE in the Southeast. Need gone asap - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

cheap 2GR-FE in the Southeast. Need gone asap

You heard it right. Trying to get this motor off of my hands. I picked it up about 3 years ago with the only issue being a very small leak in one of the head gaskets. The Toyota tech mentioned its a fine motor with no issues but the 1. Its a great looking motor with the Lexus engine cover and harness from a 2007 IS350. I was going to reseal the motor when I put new head gaskets in for a cheap 2GR option for one of my cars but then I moved. I offered it to a good friend who never got around to coming down to get it. I need it gone ASAP because my folks are trying to sell the property.

Its located in Columbia, SC near I77xI20. Its mounted to a stand that'll come with it. I do not have a hoist on site. Asking $200 obo if you can come get it out of my old garage. I just need it gone and want it to go to a good home.

I have full VIN information on the car it came from as well but I'll have to update this thread with that when I get home from work.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kouji; 08-23-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 06:05 AM

Its worth like $150 as a core at the junk yard I think...

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Then offer 150 or go test your luck with a junkyard motor

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:33 AM

Garage
Any idea on how many miles it has on it? My neighbor may be interested in it. We live in Florida but he may be willing to drive up for it. I assume from the pictures that there is no ECU or transmission? What is included?

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

No ecu or trans, but I do have info on the Vin info on the car it came from. I feel like there was a mileage on that paperwork. I forgot over the weekend so i'll try and round that up this evening.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 12:10 PM

Garage
I spoke with my neighbor and he is interested. He is not a lotus person but he may have a use for it for an engine swap. Thanks for the info.

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Thats cool. Unfortunately all of the paperwork is on the engine in Columbia. I thought it was in my toolbox at home. I'm going to see if i can get my mom to send me the info on it. I'll PM you with some contact info

edit:so apparently I cant PM yet? PM or Email me and i can give it then.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:23 AM

Garage
You should be able to PM once you make one more post so try responding to this and then try to PM. Otherwise, send info to [email protected]
Thanks!

Central Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Classifieds Section > Parts Market > Parts For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in