Elise/Exige GRP Gated Shifter Group Buy - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Elise/Exige GRP Gated Shifter Group Buy

Hey everyone! For any who may have missed it, please see this thread for the development of this mod and current WIP photos: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/...ip-mod-466400/

This is designed for S2 Elise/Exige cars, and can be made to work on 2011 Elises with some linkage adjustment. We have not tested LETSLA/ShiftR111. It is primarily an aesthetic mod, mirroring such shifters in Lamborghini and Ferraris, but it does almost entirely eliminate side-to-side play of the shifter rod in gear. I'd call that a secondary benefit :-)

Greg has one final plastic rev that's on its way to me before we go to aluminum, but we're gearing up for production of these and before we make the tooling, wanted to get a list of prospective buyers together - I know there's been interest on the thread, but now we have an idea on price and need to make sure we have enough people lined up to make this viable.

We're targeting around $200 for the base plate, which we'll offer in two configurations - holes on top and holes on the bottom. The exact price is going to depend on how many people sign up for this initial GB. Same goes for the additional options we offer - the more we have the more customization we can offer, but gate numbers, Lotus/Elise/Exige etched logos and anodizing/powdercoat/brushed finishes are some of the possibilities. The logos would sit on the top part of the plate, above 1/3/5, centered.

Of course, I will post a final video and photos of the aluminum version and state a final price before we ask anyone for money.

Since the GB list might grow long - just state your interest for:
- Plate hole position On top/On bottom
- Logo option - No Engraving/Lotus/Exige/Elise/Gear Numbers(Gear numbers may not be possible on the "holes on top" variant, will confirm)
- Desired Finish - Interior Matching/Brushed/Anodized/Powder coat

and I'll manage the list here in this first post. Again regarding options - I can't guarantee that we'll offer all of these at this time, will depend on interest. I'll post updates here as things progress.

Attaching renderings of my final iteration - you can consider this to be the final look, any changes from here will be minor to the point of not being visible. For photos of the plastic version in-car, please see the thread though note that those are now outdated models.

Current list:
1. Brandonm84 - Holes on bottom - Interior matching - Gate numbers (open to Lotus or Elise if examples exist)
2. KZ3 - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
3. wired_ - Holes on top - Anodized(any finish ok) - No engraving (open to Lotus or Elise)
4. PeteB37 - Holes on top - Brushed - Gear numbers
5. BondoRobert - Holes on bottom - Interior matching - No engraving
6. cmaser - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
7. eldonz(contingent on fit) - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
8. SpeedyCrab12 - No preference - Interior matching - Gear numbers
9. NerdLifeTillIDie - Holes on bottom - Interior matching - No engraving
10. Racer Smurf - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
11. Rasmutant - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
12. darkSol(contingent on fit) - Holes on top - anodized or polished - No engraving
13. jlj3394 - Holes unspecified - Interior matching - Gear numbers & Exige logo
14. Greg Laird - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
15. Watchnerd123 - Holes on top - Interior matching - No engraving
16. JFrank - Holes on top - Interior Matching - Lotus Logo
17. Habious - Holes on top - Brushed - Gear Numbers
18. 17sd - Holes on top - Interior Matching - Lotus Logo
19. Quinzilla(contingent on examples) - Holes on bottom - Interior matching or powder coat - Numbers, Elise, Lotus logo
20. khoerling - Holes on top - Interior matching - No engraving
21. dma550 - Holes on bottom - Interior matching - No engraving
22. Hikari - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
23. cirving - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
24. KCjohnny - Holes on top - Interior matching -Lotus logo + Gear numbers if room
25. Im_Not_In_San_Fran - Holes unspecified - Interior matching - Lotus logo + Gear numbers
26. kodi - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
27. Chemgee - Open on the holes - Interior matching - Lotus or Elise logo + Gear numbers
28. Murf - Holes on top - Interior matching -Lotus logo + Gear numbers if room
29. shay2nak - Holes on top - Interior match or satin black powdercoat - No engraving
30. LotusStig22 - Holes on top -Anodized, powdercoat or interior matching - Lotus or Elise logo
31. oranjeboven(pending examples) - Holes on top -Interior matching - Lotus logo + Gear numbers
32. jsottile - Holes on top - Interior matching - Gear numbers
33. cburke996(contingent on LETSLA fit) - Holes on top, - Interior matching - No engraving
34. ID2F - Holes on bottom - Brushed - Engraving unspecified
35. Grand Tour - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
36. Niral_Xige06 - Preferences unspecified
37. sarenar - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo + Gear numbers
38. billas elise - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
39. jwong1208 - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
41. ID2F - Holes on top - Matte black powdercoat - No engraving
40. breeze91 - Holes on top - Interior matching - Lotus logo
41. nickc1 (maybe) - Holes on top - Interior matching or powder coated - Lotus logo
42. 275 Turbo - Holes unspecified - Interior matching - Logo unspecified
43. BruinBears - Holes on bottom - Interior matching - Elise or Lotus logo
Attached Images

Last edited by Varun916; 05-08-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:26 PM

Garage
1. Holes on bottom - numbered slots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:40 PM
KZ3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonm84 View Post
1. Holes on bottom - numbered slots

2. Holes on top - whatever finish matches the aluminum interior - lotus engraving

2007 Chrome Orange Elise

post #4 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:55 PM
The Enforcer

I really don't want to derail this thread, but as it pertains to a Group Buy, I want to use this thread as an example of an authorized Group Buy and to explain the do's and don'ts.

I get a lot of PMs asking what are the rules for a Group Buy. As there aren't really any hard and fast rules listed anywhere, like there are for parts/cars for sale (Marketplace Rules), I'll briefly explain what the moderators have agreed upon.

If a Group Buy offers an item that competes with a vendor's item, a Group Buy won't be allowed. If a vendor wants to offer a Group Buy, normally to offer an item at a reduced price for a specific reason (the introduction of the Penske DAs is a great example) then of course it's allowed, as they're a vendor. If a non-vendor offers a Group Buy, it can't compete with a vendor, and it's usually for an item that is only going to be offered once, and many times it's a really specific part with a small market. The Elise S2 Radiator Exit Ducts is a good example. It's an item that the forum members want (and asked for), doesn't compete with a vendor, and once it's over it's likely to be a long time before it's offered again. This thread has a non-vendor forum member teaming up with a forum vendor, which makes it very convenient to all involved. It would also be allowed without a forum vendor as it doesn't compete with any vendor's offerings at this time.

I hope that helps to determine what a Group Buy is and when it's allowed by non-vendors. I apologize for any derailment of this thread, but it just seemed like a good opportunity to explain the Group Buy concept. Free bump and GLWS.

San
Turbopun and GregsRaceParts like this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #5 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:01 PM

Garage
Holes on Top,
Anodized (but I'd consider any),
No engraving (but also fine with Lotus or Elise)
post #6 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
I really don't want to derail this thread, but as it pertains to a Group Buy, I want to use this thread as an example of an authorized Group Buy and to explain the do's and don'ts.

I get a lot of PMs asking what are the rules for a Group Buy. As there aren't really any hard and fast rules listed anywhere, like there are for parts/cars for sale (Marketplace Rules), I'll briefly explain what the moderators have agreed upon.

If a Group Buy offers an item that competes with a vendor's item, a Group Buy won't be allowed. If a vendor wants to offer a Group Buy, normally to offer an item at a reduced price for a specific reason (the introduction of the Penske DAs is a great example) then of course it's allowed, as they're a vendor. If a non-vendor offers a Group Buy, it can't compete with a vendor, and it's usually for an item that is only going to be offered once, and many times it's a really specific part with a small market. The Elise S2 Radiator Exit Ducts is a good example. It's an item that the forum members want (and asked for), doesn't compete with a vendor, and once it's over it's likely to be a long time before it's offered again. This thread has a non-vendor forum member teaming up with a forum vendor, which makes it very convenient to all involved. It would also be allowed without a forum vendor as it doesn't compete with any vendor's offerings at this time.

I hope that helps to determine what a Group Buy is and when it's allowed by non-vendors. I apologize for any derailment of this thread, but it just seemed like a good opportunity to explain the Group Buy concept. Free bump and GLWS.

San
Thanks for the clarification San, nice to see those listed in one place!
post #7 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZ3 View Post
2. Holes on top - whatever finish matches the aluminum interior - lotus engraving
I agree with holes on top finish to match the aluminum in the car.
post #8 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I agree with holes on top finish to match the aluminum in the car.
Cool! Did you want me to add you to the list, or were you just making a comment? Don't mean to be pedantic, just want to be sure. :-)
post #9 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:41 PM

Holes on top, brushed, numbered
post #10 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:52 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun916 View Post
Thanks for the clarification San, nice to see those listed in one place!
Thanks for allowing the slight derail. Your thread was a perfect example of how it would be allowed if you hadn't teamed up with Greg, and if you did. I've reported my post so the administrators and moderators can provide feedback if needed, and will suggest we post some Group Buy rules for future reference. I appreciate your understanding and again, GLWS.

San
Varun916 likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #11 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:05 AM

Holes on bottom, No numbers, Chassis match finish, No logos.
post #12 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun916 View Post
(Gear numbers may not be possible on the "holes on bottom" variant, will confirm)
I assume you mean holes on top, right?

I'd like - as @KZ3 stated - holes on top, interior match, lotus logo

2007 Exige S Phantom Black
post #13 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:22 AM

I would be interested in 1) Holes on top, 2) Interior Match and 3) Lotus Logo.

Thanks,
Eldon
post #14 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaser View Post
I assume you mean holes on top, right?

I'd like - as @KZ3 stated - holes on top, interior match, lotus logo
Whoops, thanks will fix. With the holes on top version, the gate numbers might cut into the holes - which would be fine if the buyer is ok with that.

Another thing is that the matrix of options can get to be pretty massive very quickly, so limiting them where we can helps cost too.

Last edited by Varun916; 04-17-2019 at 10:20 AM.
post #15 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:12 AM

I would be interested, Brushed and numbered, no specification of hole location
post #16 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:44 AM

I'm interested. No numbers, holes on bottom, interior matching.

Depending on price, of course.
post #17 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:11 PM
Elise Newbie

I am interested!

Holes on top, finish to match interior, Lotus logo engraving.
post #18 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:20 PM

Garage
Iíll take interior matching and open to lotus or Elise logo/emblem instead of numbered gates if there are examples to see beforehand. Sorry I did not specify to begin with. If this gets too crazy Iím down with the popular vote.

Varun916 likes this.
post #19 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:53 PM

I can't wait until these are available, I really dislike the look of the stock shift boot. My votes are for 1.) holes on top; 2.) interior matching; 3.) Lotus logo
post #20 of 195 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyCrab12 View Post
I would be interested, Brushed and numbered, no specification of hole location
I didn't realize at first that brushed and interior match was a different finish, I would prefer to match the interior. Sorry for my goof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Parts Market > Parts For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in