The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauging Interest - Possible Group Buy on 240R Cup wheels. Please respond.

14K views 90 replies 30 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my contact at Lotus thinks that it's "possible" that hell could freeze over and Rimstock UK could actually do another run of 240R wheels.

To create blanks to make the wheels, Rimstock requires a minimum of 50 sets to be purchased.

For those that don't know, Rimstock UK (the main manufacturer of wheels for Lotus) no longer carries blanks for ANY S2 wheels, so even Lotus themselves cannot order single sets of their most popular wheels. My last group buy for these 240R wheels was actually made up of SINGLES from several dealers that were made into sets.

It's looking like it **MAY** be possible, between us, and the UK dealers, to get this done **depending on the interest level**.

This thread is simply to get the number of people that are genuinely interested in buying them if the wheels become available.

So the process is simple, you tell me if you'd be interested in buying a new set of 240R wheels at the price below, and choose High-Power Silver or Semi-Gloss Black.

The price would be $2,600 to me, shipped to a business. You can PayPal as money to friends (you guys know by now I'm good for it), or add the PayPal fee. You can also have them shipped to a residence for an additional fee, your choice on that.

I don't have any black examples on this computer, but I'll post some later. Silver is the most popular, and we may only get the choice of silver because of that.

All the specs on the wheels can be found here: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/fs-lotus-sport-240r-wheels-high-power-silver-new-460916/

For reference, my last new set sold for $3,000 shipped.

And the best color of all... :D

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm sorry, but those aren't even on the table.

If that's the set you want I'll keep it in mind, I get single sets of new, and used rare wheels popping up all the time, and if I don't know that someone wants them, I just let them go because I don't make enough on them to bother with it.

Did you want a silver set or a black set?

And you're talking about this wheel, right?

https://photos.smugmug.com/Automoti...9/O/1527014757208495d56DSC_1862-1500x1000.jpg

#6 ·
No, but they aren't heavy by a long shot. Have a look at the link I provided above for the specs.

Lotus has made a few different wheels for the Domestic S2 that were lighter, like the LSS, and the original S260 wheel. In the UK there are several that are lighter.

The 240R wheel was originally a racing wheel only, with center lock hubs. They decided to do a single run for the limited production 240R car, and on the strength of its success there, decided to put them on a few special editions, and some Cup cars. They were originally designed to be super strong more than super light, for racing purposes.

#24 ·
Best possible wheels for our cars. Look great, strong, light enough, and the easiest spoked wheels on earth to clean.

We have three sets. One silver and two orange!

Silver is my choice for street, but the orange ones light up the track

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar

#41 ·
The GB price is for LotusTalk members only at this point.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but Facebook is trash, no one commits to anything. Posting there is like posting to Civic.net.

If it comes down to needing just a few sets, I may put the word out on FB, but that would be far in the future.

And I want to remind everyone that this is NOT a buying thread at the moment. This is a precursor to see if there is enough committed buyers to even get the wheels made.

#44 ·
If you're truly interested, please add your name to the list.

I literally have no idea about a timeline, or even if the UK dealers have done this sort of thing too, I'm just trying to make this happen.

Past experience with wheels tells me 2 months from order to in-hands, but it could be quicker, and could be longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.