The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Group Buy Elise/Exige front towhook

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Flemgunner 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Members
I am offering a JDM style towhooks that i assemble myself to fit the front factory towhook hole in Elise and Exige models.
The Specs: Anodized style aluminum hook in Red/black combination with stainless mounting bolt and nut.Dimensions are 7cm in diameter x 11cm long(without bolt).Articulates up and down or fixed.
Offering for $25 plus shipping. Lead time about 3-4 weeks.Other color combinations upon request.
I will be closing out first round of orders on Dec.31. All buyers MUST pm me directly to arrange payment(paypal) and shipping info.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Esky
#3 ·
i could make one however i would need the bolt size from the existing hook

#4 ·
How close does it sit to the grill when it's folded down, pretty close or does it stick out a bit? Any pics of one installed?

I've got a similar tow hook (not sure from where, I think either GRP or Inokinetic though) and when folded down it sticks out maybe 1/4" to 1/2" or so past the edge of the clam. If yours folds down right against the grill so it's inside the clam I'd be interested.

#6 ·
Yes I agree. The GRP hook hits the clam when you fold it down. Plz let us know the diameter of the hook and if it clears the clam.

Attachments

#7 ·
I'd also be in for one, but seeing that I actually track my car, it does need to hold up while being towed or pulled onto a flat bed.

Last time I had to be towed home from the track, I was surprised at how strong the stock one (a hoop welded to a bolt) was.

Ken

P.s. One of my buddies had to be towed off the track, man the guy driving truck truck that pulls you off the track, isn't gentle.

#9 ·
I will be closing out first round of orders on Dec.31. All buyers MUST pm me directly to arrange payment(paypal) and shipping info.

#13 ·
click on Private messages top of every page

#16 ·
Group buy is finished ,anyone else? Private message me!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.