Group Buy Elise/Exige front towhook - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By yellowlotus
  • 1 Post By Exira

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Group Buy Elise/Exige front towhook

Hello Members
I am offering a JDM style towhooks that i assemble myself to fit the front factory towhook hole in Elise and Exige models.
The Specs: Anodized style aluminum hook in Red/black combination with stainless mounting bolt and nut.Dimensions are 7cm in diameter x 11cm long(without bolt).Articulates up and down or fixed.
Offering for $25 plus shipping. Lead time about 3-4 weeks.Other color combinations upon request.
I will be closing out first round of orders on Dec.31. All buyers MUST pm me directly to arrange payment(paypal) and shipping info.
Attached Images

Esky likes this.

05' US Elise.240hp,HRM edition,Sport pack,Touring pack,Katana supercharged,starshield,custom painted engine covers,S111 boomerang rear hook, Hurricane air filter,2bular 6" exhaust,Lotus driving lights,Infinity speakers,Lid Bone,V1 radar with remote audio/display,Tesla Roadster double din conversion with Kenwood ddx9902 headunit-subwoofer-rear cam,TRmotorsports wheels,lightweight Braille battery,aluminum radiator,silicon hoses,alotaluv....

Last edited by yellowlotus; 12-24-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 02:53 PM

Group Buy Elise/Exige front towhook

How about for the Evora? I would be interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERVRSEWI View Post
How about for the Evora? I would be interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i could make one however i would need the bolt size from the existing hook

05' US Elise.240hp,HRM edition,Sport pack,Touring pack,Katana supercharged,starshield,custom painted engine covers,S111 boomerang rear hook, Hurricane air filter,2bular 6" exhaust,Lotus driving lights,Infinity speakers,Lid Bone,V1 radar with remote audio/display,Tesla Roadster double din conversion with Kenwood ddx9902 headunit-subwoofer-rear cam,TRmotorsports wheels,lightweight Braille battery,aluminum radiator,silicon hoses,alotaluv....

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 07:33 PM

How close does it sit to the grill when it's folded down, pretty close or does it stick out a bit? Any pics of one installed?

I've got a similar tow hook (not sure from where, I think either GRP or Inokinetic though) and when folded down it sticks out maybe 1/4" to 1/2" or so past the edge of the clam. If yours folds down right against the grill so it's inside the clam I'd be interested.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 08:20 PM

I would like to get one but can I ask about the quality and strength of these? Like where are you getting the parts from(hopefully not some random ebay seller). The thickness of the two pictures are different. Is the the thicker bolt size? Thanks!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudySkys View Post
How close does it sit to the grill when it's folded down, pretty close or does it stick out a bit? Any pics of one installed?

I've got a similar tow hook (not sure from where, I think either GRP or Inokinetic though) and when folded down it sticks out maybe 1/4" to 1/2" or so past the edge of the clam. If yours folds down right against the grill so it's inside the clam I'd be interested.
Yes I agree. The GRP hook hits the clam when you fold it down. Plz let us know the diameter of the hook and if it clears the clam.
Attached Images

'05 Lotus Elise - Saffron Yellow | Sport Pack | Touring Pack | REV400 - 5.6 lbs/hp | ACT HDSS Clutch | DMC Header | Sport Cat | Larini SE Exhaust | Monolites/R888R | BWR Double-Adjustable Shocks | shiftR111/LETSLA/SSC Cables | Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 08:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I would like to get one but can I ask about the quality and strength of these? Like where are you getting the parts from(hopefully not some random ebay seller). The thickness of the two pictures are different. Is the the thicker bolt size? Thanks!
I'd also be in for one, but seeing that I actually track my car, it does need to hold up while being towed or pulled onto a flat bed.

Last time I had to be towed home from the track, I was surprised at how strong the stock one (a hoop welded to a bolt) was.

Ken

P.s. One of my buddies had to be towed off the track, man the guy driving truck truck that pulls you off the track, isn't gentle.

Ken
06 Exige (now rev300 powered!)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtinctElise View Post
Yes I agree. The GRP hook hits the clam when you fold it down. Plz let us know the diameter of the hook and if it clears the clam.
the diameter of the hook is listed in the specs.Elise clams differ from Exige clams and depends on whether you have plastic or mesh.this product is slightly depth adjustable thus folding clearance is slightly adjustable.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

I will be closing out first round of orders on Dec.31. All buyers MUST pm me directly to arrange payment(paypal) and shipping info.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 09:02 AM
los

not trying to denounce the group buy but...

a word of caution for potential buyers - if someone backs into the tow hook, it will damage the crash structure more than just the clam. The tow hook connection is designed to be pulled not pushed.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 10:44 AM
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlotus View Post
the diameter of the hook is listed in the specs.Elise clams differ from Exige clams and depends on whether you have plastic or mesh.this product is slightly depth adjustable thus folding clearance is slightly adjustable.
I was looking for a specific size. What is the dimension from the center of the pivot bolt to the outside edge of the loop so we know if it clears the clam?

The grill type has no bearing on the hook size or usage.

'05 Lotus Elise - Saffron Yellow | Sport Pack | Touring Pack | REV400 - 5.6 lbs/hp | ACT HDSS Clutch | DMC Header | Sport Cat | Larini SE Exhaust | Monolites/R888R | BWR Double-Adjustable Shocks | shiftR111/LETSLA/SSC Cables | Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:06 PM

Hi. I am interested in a silver tow hook. Iím a little new to this blog and can not locate the pm area.?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esky View Post
Hi. I am interested in a silver tow hook. Iím a little new to this blog and can not locate the pm area.?
click on Private messages top of every page

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 08:32 AM

Will these be made from 6000 series Al?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 09:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esky View Post
You need a few more posts to private message. I think it is 5 total. Start a new thread saying hi, my name is _____ and I bought my E______ . Then post a few pictures and you will get to your 5 posts quickly.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Group buy is finished ,anyone else? Private message me!

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 01:14 PM

I just got mine in silver and I must say the tow hook is very nice and high quality. Thank you yellowlotus!
yellowlotus likes this.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 07:31 PM

PMed
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtinctElise View Post
I have the same hook and rotated it 90 degrees so it doesn't make contact with the clam.

Also, as an extra measure I used a zip tie to keep it from flopping around. If/when needed cut zip tie and use as needed.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 PM

Still have any of these man?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Parts Market > Parts For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in