Touring Soft Top - Great Condition - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Touring Soft Top - Great Condition

I have a mint condition touring soft top for sale. The only blemishes that I can see are on the bag and it was hardly used as it was owned by an exige owner (not me).

I saw one sell for $850 + shipping recently so I will ask that.

https://i.imgur.com/ILg0N5t.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/J3pV6v3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hyhJHMp.jpg

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:44 PM

Garage
Although Im very interested in getting one, I really wanted to see one on, or even try one if theres anyone in my area willing to let me. Ive heard they can actually be quieter than the hard top, hence one of the reasons I want to try one first. Also my Elise still isnt in my name, but my step brother said the agreed property division was sent to the lawyer last week. Im in the Phoenix area, tempe, arizona, if anyone is here too that wouldnt mind showing me theirs, lol. Sorry, childish joke. In this area theres almost no need for one, save the fact that rain can occur quickly and vigorously, then vanish just as suddenly. Do to that fact, I might so rarely use it I wouoldnt be after one in such good shape.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbd automotive View Post
Although Im very interested in getting one, I really wanted to see one on, or even try one if theres anyone in my area willing to let me. Ive heard they can actually be quieter than the hard top, hence one of the reasons I want to try one first. Also my Elise still isnt in my name, but my step brother said the agreed property division was sent to the lawyer last week. Im in the Phoenix area, tempe, arizona, if anyone is here too that wouldnt mind showing me theirs, lol. Sorry, childish joke. In this area theres almost no need for one, save the fact that rain can occur quickly and vigorously, then vanish just as suddenly. Do to that fact, I might so rarely use it I wouoldnt be after one in such good shape.
I've driven my car with a hard top and with the non touring soft top a fair bit, and didn't notice the soft top being any louder I am sure the touring soft top is at least as quiet as the hard top.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbd automotive View Post
In my experience the touring soft top is noticeably quieter than the factory hard top (I haven't ever used a non touring soft top, difference is an extra layer of cloth). The factory hard top creates a lot of extra resonance. I have a very loud aftermarket exhaust though so that may be part of it. I also have an aftermarket carbon fiber hard top that is more comparable to the soft top in overall noise level (exhaust + resonance + wind noise).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Bump: $850 shipped.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:22 PM

Hi - can you email me? [email protected] - interested in the package.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:01 AM

Paypal sent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Parts Market > Parts For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in