April 23rd, Hyannis Port, Ma Toad Hall Event - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

April 23rd, Hyannis Port, Ma Toad Hall Event

Club111 will be hosting a tour of the Toad Hall Automotive collection on 4/23 in Hyannis Port, Ma. The collection includes roughly a dozen Lotus going back to the seven up to modern models as well as many other interesting makes. After visiting the collection, we'll head off on a drive and grab something to eat.

Now for all of you wondering if your Club dues are for anything here's some great news. The admission price per person to the collection will be dropped from $8 to $5. But wait, there's more............ The Collection shares it's address with The Simmons Homestead Bed and Breakfast. This is the only bed and breakfast inn in Hyannis Port. Club111 members will receive a $20-$30 discount on an overnight stay depending on your choice of accomodations (standard rate of $150-200). That's right folks, this one event alone could make up for your membership cost by itself! Space is limited and on a first come first serve basis so mention your membership when reserving your room.

For more informationon The Simmons Homestead:

http://www.simmonshomesteadinn.com/

telephone #: 1-800-637-1649

Make a weekend of it and enjoy Cape cod just before the Summer Rush.

A link to the Toad Hall Collection is:

http://www.toadhallcars.com/

RSVP for the event to me by PM or email.

Robert
[email protected]

Last edited by wallabyguy; 03-07-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 05:07 PM

April 23rd, Hyannis Port, Ma Toad Hall Event

Bill has a great collection of cars especially the red 91 Elan, (my old car!) Lots to see & do down there too. You will love it!

I’ll be there…

Bruce
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 05:40 PM

Bruce, was that actually your car, or one like it? I've been down there once,he has a really nice colection.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 08:42 AM

Bruce, was that actually your car, or one like it?

Yes, that was mine! Still looks good too!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

I've made reservation to stay overnight at The Simmons Homestead Inn Bed and Breakfast and taken advantage of the Club111 member discount.

Have you?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

3 weeks to go. Anyone intending on coming? Make sure to make you reservations wih Bill now and mention you're a club111 member to get your discount (of course you need to be one). His number can be found at the web site for both the auto collection

http://www.toadhallcars.com/

and B&B

http://www.simmonshomesteadinn.com/

Please also let me know if you intend on coming.

Robert
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

To add to the event, this was just sent to me............

"This is a letter from the Cape Cod British Car Club.* Good chance to show off the cars and get a free lunch. The place is about 15 miles from here.

To all CCBCC members!

I just spoke to Harry, owner of the British Beer Company (BBC). He is organizing a "one year anniversary" celebration for the Cedarville BBC. He would love to have the front lawn littered with LBC's & has invited the*CCBCC club. They will have cake, ice cream, bag pipes, inflatable jump house for the kids.

He also will have a representative from*"Guinness*World Records" as the BBC is attempting to host the "Largest Fish &*Chips Fry" on record!***So Fish & chips for all!

The event is Sat. April 23rd.* Starts at 1m - 5m, but those in LBC's will be allowed in to park out front as early as noon!

I*am the CCBCC POC,*and*I need to get back to Harry with a rough attendance #.... If you are considering attending please email me, Bob Greene*at [email protected]*and let me know!

Watch the CCBCC website at www.capecodbritishcarclub.org for updates and further information!"

Remember to contact the B&B directly to make reservations! Club111 members get a discount!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 07:14 AM

What time does everything start, and where is the meeting place? Can't stay away for that night, but a day is fine.

'05 Elise -Krypton Green, Touring, Hardtop, Starshield
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi528
What time does everything start, and where is the meeting place? Can't stay away for that night, but a day is fine.
I think we should all meet with the other clubs at the pub for the Fish and Chips Event. It's neat to think of being a part of history. So I suppose we'll meet at noon at the Toad Hall Collection, organize and then head over to the pub for the meet. Then, say around 2:30/3:00 we'll head back to the collection and have our tour. Those that want to then head out for a drive and grab a dinner before returning to the Bed and Breakfast (next door to the collection).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

Just confirmed our group with the bunch running the fish and chips event. We have parking set aside for us by THE BBC for the event. They are really looking forward to having us participate.

Update on meeting:
We'll all meet at the collection between 11:30-12:00 and the head over to the pub. We'll grab our free lunch and place in history and then head back to the collection for a tour around 2:30-3:00. Dinner and drives stays will be coordinated on the spot. Anyone else staying overnight?

We are also now confirmed for the May 15th Coopers Cup Versus The Philadelphia Area MINI Club. They'll let us win but won't let us hold onto the Cup for the coming year. Think maybe they're scared?

Last edited by wallabyguy; 04-19-2005 at 06:27 AM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

A heads up!

The weather forecast seems to be changing with the rain letting up late morning. There might be showers in the afternoon but for the most part we should be good. I'll be leaving tomorrow am around 7:00am. If anyone need to get ahold of me while I'm in transit, I'll be on my cell (267-496-4551).

See you there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Meets and events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in