Golden Gate Lotus Club EVENT
GGLC Lotus Corral & CSRG Vintage Races
When: Saturday, Oct 6, 2018 – 10:00am on
Where: Sonoma Raceway (Hwy 121 & Hwy 37)
CSRG, the Classic Sports Racing Group, has invited the GGLC to CSRG’s 15th Annual Charity Challenge at Sonoma Raceway (https://www.charityracing.org/#home-section
) on Oct. 6th.
CSRG is the oldest vintage race car club in the West (Home
). The Charity Challenge is their showcase event. Expect to see over 300 vintage race cars competing in nine Race Groups. On Saturday each group will have a morning qualifying & an afternoon race and on Sunday the same.
The competing cars run the gamut from Production Sports Cars to F1, Formula Atlantic & Formula Ford to exotics like Maseratis, Ferraris & Alfas, as well as Endurance racers like Lola T290s, Chevron B16s, Can-Am like Lola T70s & McLaren M8s. Lotus is always well represented!
This year the CSRG will feature the Masters Formula 1 (Masters USA Race Series
) as our feature group, along with the finale of the Crossflow Cup for Formula Fords ( https://www.norwestff.com/
). Expect to see over 20 historic F1 cars take the green flag, including the GGLC’s Chris Locke in his Lotus 77.
The GGLC will have a special Lotus Corral! We would like to 30-40 Lotus cars to make a Lotus show!
This is a charity event and ALL proceeds from ticket sales will go to local Sonoma charities! You can purchase your ticket on-line (half-price) here: CSRG Charity Challenge | Events & Tickets | Sonoma Raceway
. Or at the gate for full price ($24).
• RSVP by Sept 20 at [email protected]
• Arrive at Sonoma Raceway on Oct 6th by 10:00am. We will have a GGLC representative at the gate with instructions and to give you a corral pass
• We will announce 3 mini-drives to Sonoma Raceway with starting points in; Sacramento; East Bay; Peninsula.
• We will organize:
o Grid Walk (especially before the F1 race)
o Paddock tour (find and point out the history/significance of particular cars)
• You have free access to the paddock where you can meet the drivers and see the cars up close.
• There will be 3 Lap, at speed track rides in one of the cars entered for the weekend in return for a donation to the Speedway Children's Charities. Rides start at $75 Riders must wear pants, shoes, a long sleeve shirt & must be in good health
This will be a fun event for the entire family. Fantastic cars, Historic cars, racing and our GGLC Lotus corral!
Come join the fun!!!