Los Angeles Sunday Drive - meet @8:30AM / Leave @9:00AM [PART 2] - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Los Angeles Sunday Drive - meet @8:30AM / Leave @9:00AM [PART 2]

An impromtu gathering of Lotus Cars for fun drives a few hours Every Sunday Morning.

Intrested? Show up or send a private email me..

Meet at Barns and Noble / Coffee Bean parking lot at the corner or Glencoe and Maxella in Marina Del Rey for a Sunday Drive leaving at 9:00AM. (90 Frwy west to Lincoln right to Maxella right to Glencoe Right)

Milton

thread part 2 created due to the length of the first one, randyc

"Follow your dreams and live your passions"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Good to see a handful of you this morning I haven't made it out on a drive in way too long. Now if only the CHP welcome wagon wasn't all over the place it would have been a perfect day. Operation Safe Canyons is still alive and well, be careful above Malibu, mind the speed limits and make sure your front plate is on.

2005 Elise, CO, LSS, Hard Top
2015 Fiesta ST, Race Red
1986 BMW E30 325E - 24 Hours of LeMons race turd

The B-Team, 24 Hours of LeMons Race Team
post #3 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlpush View Post
Good to see a handful of you this morning I haven't made it out on a drive in way too long. Now if only the CHP welcome wagon wasn't all over the place it would have been a perfect day. Operation Safe Canyons is still alive and well, be careful above Malibu, mind the speed limits and make sure your front plate is on.
Were you on Kanan around 11:15 AM heading towards PCH??

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

post #4 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 PM

That was most likely us, 3 cars. Miltons Sliver with a stripe, Daniele's BRG and my Chrome Orange.

2015 Fiesta ST, Race Red

post #5 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 PM

First Time Out

Had a great time. It was my first time out and it was cool to finally meet some of you in person. The only thing Operation Safe Canyon did was make me feel completely paranoid. Thanks again Milton and Sean.
post #6 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM

What did the cop presence look like today??

OLD CAR '06 Evo IX Stage 1E Tuned by Road Race Engineering(Stock:turbo,intake,internals,ECU) Walbro 255lph fuel pump,RC Engineering1000cc Injectors, AVO exhaust,RRE dyno tune flash, Dejon Tool boost controller (325whp @ 22PSI Costco 91 octane, 353whp @ 25psi on 100 octane, 383whp @30psi on E85)Graphic/Interior Design,Brand Identities,Invitations www.nomadic-nomads.com NEW CAR: '10 Evo X MR-Touring with flappy paddle gearbox. Stock with just RRE Ecu Tune: 290whp, 313 torque
post #7 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:32 PM

Similar to your previous post. 2 helicopters, 10'ish patrol cars that I saw, the mobile command Winnebago on Kanan. It's got to take a bite out of the budget to keep 2 helicopters in the air all day. I didn't see any bikes but I'm sure they were out there. Amazingly enough they cops we ran into weren't complete a-holes, but they're mere show of force kind of made the point that we'd be behaving ourselves. Most of it was concentrated on Mulholland around the Rock Store and the overlook. Pretty much drove through and were glad to have made it out without a ticket.

2015 Fiesta ST, Race Red

post #8 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Great day to be BUSTED!

Today (Sunday Aug 19th), I took a drive through the Malibu Mountains infested with CHP! The green Elise behind my yellow got a "fix-it" for a missing front plate. I was unscathed.

The BlackWatch Front Plate bracket was worth the money. By avoiding the tickets, the savings paid the bracket itself, many times!

Muholland and Kanan was full of CHP cruisers and on Kanan, the CHP commmand post was located on Kanan overlook at the summit near the tunnel. PCH was clear (and cool) and Decker/Westlake was superb, brand new asphalt, minimal traffic, no CHP. I enjoyed the morning!
Attached Images

--SKYVUE
Resident Astronomer

'05 Saffron Elise,SOLD!
'07 CaymanS
post #9 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 PM

Hmm....feels like De Ja Vue

OLD CAR '06 Evo IX Stage 1E Tuned by Road Race Engineering(Stock:turbo,intake,internals,ECU) Walbro 255lph fuel pump,RC Engineering1000cc Injectors, AVO exhaust,RRE dyno tune flash, Dejon Tool boost controller (325whp @ 22PSI Costco 91 octane, 353whp @ 25psi on 100 octane, 383whp @30psi on E85)Graphic/Interior Design,Brand Identities,Invitations www.nomadic-nomads.com NEW CAR: '10 Evo X MR-Touring with flappy paddle gearbox. Stock with just RRE Ecu Tune: 290whp, 313 torque
post #10 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Similar to your previous post. 2 helicopters, 10'ish patrol cars that I saw, the mobile command Winnebago on Kanan. It's got to take a bite out of the budget to keep 2 helicopters in the air all day. I didn't see any bikes but I'm sure they were out there. Amazingly enough they cops we ran into weren't complete a-holes, but they're mere show of force kind of made the point that we'd be behaving ourselves. Most of it was concentrated on Mulholland around the Rock Store and the overlook. Pretty much drove through and were glad to have made it out without a ticket.
Saw you along with Frank at the top of Rockstore. I was slogging my way up the climb on my bike. Not a great idea in the heat.

The police presense was particularly heavy today. Seems like they wanted to have a show of force. I saw two police cars at the turnout at the top of Rockstore and then as I crested the climb, there were two more setup with a speed trap. I saw no less than 5 different vehicles pulled over on my ride. Makes me think twice about having even a leisurely drive in the Lotus out in the canyons.

2006 Maserati GranSport MCV (#62)
2006 Phantom Black Exige (SOLD)
post #11 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Cool! some how I didn't connect you on your bike with Elisetalk. I'd hardly say you were slogging, it was really toasty out there and that's quite a climb even if it's cool and it was anything but.

I'm with you though, perhaps the canyon drives are best left for a day other than Sunday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paunch View Post
Saw you along with Frank at the top of Rockstore. I was slogging my way up the climb on my bike. Not a great idea in the heat.

The police presense was particularly heavy today. Seems like they wanted to have a show of force. I saw two police cars at the turnout at the top of Rockstore and then as I crested the climb, there were two more setup with a speed trap. I saw no less than 5 different vehicles pulled over on my ride. Makes me think twice about having even a leisurely drive in the Lotus out in the canyons.

2015 Fiesta ST, Race Red

post #12 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
That was most likely us, 3 cars. Miltons Sliver with a stripe, Daniele's BRG and my Chrome Orange.

Hey Sean, I did see you guys -- we (Orange and White GT3RS) were coming up Kanan heading towards the 101.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion
post #13 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 02:47 PM

GReat run up this way (Pasadena), several of us did it last weekend. Have never seen anyone on patrol in 10 outings. 16 miles of No houses, no cross streets, hardly any other cars, great vistas, nice twisties and a Philly Cheese steak at the end. But, go 'head keep punishing yourselves.

'06 Elise: Phantom Black, Touring, Starshield, Powder Coated Black Wheels,
'11 Evora S: Phantom black, '14 Jaguar F type silver
post #14 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 02:55 PM

I was curious what you were driving/in as I didn't remember seeing any Lotus in the area. But I certainly remember seeing the GT3RS's going the other way. I alway's have a look at any car that's in the brotherhood of the Orange very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Hey Sean, I did see you guys -- we (Orange and White GT3RS) were coming up Kanan heading towards the 101.

2015 Fiesta ST, Race Red

post #15 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 11:16 AM

it must have been hard driving the speed limit in that gt3...

vasracer
2006 Elise, Canyon Red, Sport/Touring, RTD brace, ss lines, Larini 8 inch, sport ECU, darthholder.
2009 Lexus RX 350
2009 Audi S5
post #16 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 AM

I was stoked to see you guys... I was slaving my way up Las Flores on my bicycle when you guys passed by! Definitely put a smile on my face for that part of the climb! Im new to this board, and was really trying to figure out if you met regularly. Ive had my Elise for over 2 years and have done a few track days with it... keep eyeing the Exige S... yum! Anyway, thought maybe it would be cool to actually meet some other Lotus people!
post #17 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
GReat run up this way (Pasadena), several of us did it last weekend. Have never seen anyone on patrol in 10 outings. 16 miles of No houses, no cross streets, hardly any other cars, great vistas, nice twisties and a Philly Cheese steak at the end. But, go 'head keep punishing yourselves.
Where and when do you start out?

How long does it last?
post #18 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Wow Jack great looking car!!!!
post #19 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rchase View Post
thread part 2 created due to the length of the first one, randyc
Darn I thought we were going to set all time record!
post #20 of 1836 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY View Post
Where and when do you start out?

How long does it last?
+1

I might have been tempted to go up that way for a change, the Agoura group might even have been up for a drive out there , if had heard about it.

Currently:
1964 Volvo 1800S
1965 Sunbeam Tiger
1966 Pontiac GTO
2005 Lotus Elise
2011 VW Touareg - Support vehicle for all of the above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Meets and events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in