Lotus Owners Gathering 36 Princeton NJ - Page 9 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorichard View Post
My first LOG event, heres my take.... the hotel, service and accommodations were first rate we even had a early check-in! Lotus decorations all around the lobby were over the top...just eye candy everywhere you look. Food was nourishing...liquids, cold and delicious.
In general, all events were well organized and well executed...remember shuffling 300+ people around is no easy feat. Lucky, no rain.. just New Jersey's typical hot,humid,August. Now the really good stuff...the people....the cars....the people ....the cars... WOW. We met many great people all weekend long and made new friends too...the very reason we (wife and I) came to Log in the first place. The cars ...need I say more, never saw a gathering of almost 200 beautiful Loti all in one parking lot,all at the same time! it was very exciting each time we went sightseeing around the lot multiple times a day (my favorite). If your a Lotus enthusiast, and can't get enough Lotus in your blood, I highly recommend you attend a LOG event....for me it was Lotus overload.. just loved it! (can you tell?) Richard

2012 Lotus Evora S GP Edition #14/14
1995 Lotus Esprit S4
1991 Toyota MR2
1987 Renault GTA

www.91MR2.multiply.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 06:40 AM
Jeff

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusGuy48 View Post
I thought that every Lotus enthusiast knew that there is no such word as Loti or Lotuses; the official plural of the word Lotus is pure and simply just Lotus.
Officially, it's properly "Lotus cars" if you want to talk about more than one. I believe this was clarified in a memo from the '60s recently reprinted in ReMarque.

So, "almost 200 beautiful Loti" should be "almost 200 beautiful Lotus cars", if you want to pick nits.

FWIW, I had heard 225 bandied about multiple times as the actual number of cars. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not - one would have to count 'em up on the panoramic photo!

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2005 Elise, 1965 Elan S2
post #163 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exigegus View Post
Ups:

Parking placards, having your own space was very cool

Please, for us driving sans navigator, put mileage on the directions, it is nerve racking for us half blind and ADD to keep looking at the directions and wondering, is this road coming in 2 miles or 200

...I thought I was going to be speaking in a more informal Q&A it is a message...

Again, a really fun event, and if you have not been you should...
Excellent points, and all positive.

I have only been to four LOGS (Vegas, Orlando, Asheville, & Colorado Springs. Couldn't make this one, but sounds like it was a great time. Props to the organizers and volunteers.

The thought of having the host hotel virtually exclusive to LOG sounds like a great deal. Orlando was amazing in the opposite way; the convention centre was taken over by the most remarkable collection of Halloween ghouls, literally in the thousands.

Sounds like the parking placard idea I first saw at Colorado Spings was picked up. Excellent idea and works very well.

Asheville generally did a great job with the drive routes, even posting signs at key points. Still managed to get lost on one of the routes, but the area was so cool it really didn't matter. One suggestion I would have for the local drives is to consider adding suggested routes around the event for folks driving in to the state, maybe in a promotional article in ReMarque or on-line ahead of the official LOG issue. Sometimes it is easy to forget the value of the local knowledge that the organizing committee has and takes for granted. e.g. I absolutely HAD to find the Tail of the Dragon heading to Asheville, but would not have a clue about interesting scenic routes around Birmingham.

I suppose dinner speakers are always a bit of a crap shoot. But picking up on the Q and A format suggestion, the Colorado guys did a less formal 'Johnny Carson' type panel discussion on one of the nights. Was very well received I think, and Ross did a terrific job keeping the discussion moving. They still had a formal dinner speaker at the actual banquet; interestingly Bobby Unser was having so much fun with it he started taking questions! But hey, A few of us sat with him in the bar for a couple of hours before his talk, and he really is one in a million.

LOG is a lot of fun, and a great reason to get around the country and visit some fine Lotus folks. I visited Barber on the way back from Asheville, and it is really cool. Never been to Atlanta, so will definitely be trying to make it next year and allow a bit of time to look around.

Stu

Stu
Calgary AB
'69 Elan Plus 2
'00 Esprit V8
'87 BMW M6 & '84 BMW R100RT

post #164 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 11:06 AM
glb

The Halloween people were my favorite part of Orlando LOG. Great creativity and many scantily-clad young women.

There were 5 businesspeople standing in the lobby in their suits.

I walked over and said, "You know, we're all disappointed in your costumes".
carbuff and stugilmour like this.

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS. Past '72 Elan Sprint (I restored), Lotus 7 w/X-flow, TT Supra, Bugeye Sprite, BMW 2002 & 2002tii, '65 GTO.

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...cy-line-36631/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...-brakes-241138
post #165 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 11:48 AM

My biggest disappointment was I didn't even know Elisa was there. I would've loved to meet her.
post #166 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb26dett View Post
My biggest disappointment was I didn't even know Elisa was there. I would've loved to meet her.
She is beautiful and very personable.
post #167 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 03:39 PM

Garage
though my kids called the vid "creepy", I share it here with LT in all it's creepiness.

I had befriended Elisa almost a year ago on FB and it wasn't until some time in February while I was planning a family trip to Italy in June, when I asked Elisa for some suggestions (she is from Italy you know!) that I discovered there was a possibility of her attending LOG 36.

Well, the rest is history.

BTW, I have another vid with Elisa driving my car saying that my car was the best car so far but I didn't want to rub it in anybody's face! lol

I enjoyed LOG 36 and was expecting to hear some negativity and as Atwell stated, we all want to hear the negative as well as the positive, to forward that info to the future LOGs organizers.

ps the trip to Italy was fabulous!!

https://www.facebook.com/lee.klauber...6144214731120/

-----------------------------
2011 Persian Blue Elise RS
post #168 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I thought that every Lotus enthusiast knew that there is no such word as Loti or Lotuses; the official plural of the word Lotus is pure and simply just Lotus.

loti |ˈlōdē|
noun (pl. maloti |məˈlōtē| )
the basic monetary unit of Lesotho, equal to 100 lisente.
LotusGuy48 likes this.
post #169 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:

Noun[edit]
lotus ‎(plural lotuses or loti)

A kind of aquatic plant, genus Nelumbo in the family Nelumbonaceae.
A water lily, genus Nymphaea, especially those of Egypt or India.
A legendary plant eaten by the Lotophagi of the Odyssey that caused drowsiness and euphoria.
A number of other plants bearing "lotus" in their scientific or common names
post #170 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb26dett View Post
This was my first LOG. I only came for the concours, but still had a good time meeting some of the LT members. Thank you Mick for bringing my mirrors!

I also want to thank Cora for helping with the whole late registration process. She made it so smooth for my brother and I. If you're reading this Cora, special thanks to you.

Finally, how can I get a hold of the individual car pics and the panoramic pic?
Not a problem, Toan.
post #171 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Cogito ergo zoom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O LEE O View Post
... BTW, I have another vid with Elisa driving my car saying that my car was the best car so far but I didn't want to rub it in anybody's face! lol ...
Lee,

You are now officially famous, at least in my book. And Elisa is cute and Italian!
post #172 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPetry View Post
Lee,

You are now officially famous, at least in my book. And Elisa is cute and Italian!
This is what Elisa did for me!
Attached Images

post #173 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Officially, it's properly "Lotus cars" if you want to talk about more than one. I believe this was clarified in a memo from the '60s recently reprinted in ReMarque.

So, "almost 200 beautiful Loti" should be "almost 200 beautiful Lotus cars", if you want to pick nits.
Nope, not Lotus Cars. Just Lotus, per the aforementioned bulletin.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/2991769-post1.html
LotusGuy48 and Poorichard like this.

Owned, loved, enjoyed, and now gone:
1969 Europa S2 Blue
1970 Europa S2 White
1974 Europa Twin Cam Blue
1974 Europa Twin Cam Blue
1984 Turbo Esprit Calypso Red
2005 Elise Starlight Black
2005 Elise Saffron Yellow
2005 Elise Ardent Red
2006 Exige Graphite Grey
2007 Exige Canyon Red

Other:
1970 MGB GT
1970 Datsun 510
1984 Honda CRX Si
1984 Pontiac Fiero
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe
post #174 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Jeff

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4380r View Post
Nope, not Lotus Cars. Just Lotus, per the aforementioned bulletin.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/2991769-post1.html
Damn my memory. I try to double-check any reference I make as I hate to be that guy, and here I was so confident in my memory. Maybe that scan was photoshopped?

I had Elisa sign my Elise, as did several others. I picked somewhere easy for her, now I see it every time I get in the car! She also signed an aluminum CNCed Lotus badge that a friend made for me, along with Parramint and Dance.

We spent a bit of time with her since she was in our caravan of Lotus and she was always sweet and gracious.

As for other LOGs... I have a bunch of pictures from the horror convention (Spooky Empire) at LOG32 on my site, look at later pages in that album to see the rest. I also have some photos of their car show on my LOG32 album either on my site or at Flickr. I'm a big horror fan so that was a fun bonus!

I'm starting to think about the possibility of getting to LOG37... I'd have to go solo and leave the wife with the kids and I don't know what other vacation plans I have for next year, so I don't know for sure, but it's not impossible...

post #175 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Cogito ergo zoom!

Quote:
Must be quite a gal. Made you turn counterclockwise, 90 degrees to the Left?

Typical Italian!
post #176 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 04:11 PM

So, seriously, is Elisa really an enthusiast of Lotus and/or the
Elise, or was this like a 'job' for her to be here and do this Lotus
thing?

Greg Z
post #177 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjz30075 View Post
So, seriously, is Elisa really an enthusiast of Lotus and/or the
Elise, or was this like a 'job' for her to be here and do this Lotus
thing?
She goes by the on line persona of #IamLotusElise and has a facebook page to that end and also travel around to different Lotus events throughout Europe.

We advertised for some time on the LOG 36 web site that she would be there and it was announced daily at the event.

She really is a sweet girl and very accommodating to Lotus, and especially Elise, owners. She also showed interest in all of Lotus history by attending just about all of the events during LOG including the presentation on Lotus history by Bob Dance and RIchard Parramint.

We had all the special guests choose their favorite Lotus from the concours. Not surprisingly Elisa picked an ELise. A California edition which she told me she liked because that edition was US only and she had not seen one before.

Kyle Kaulback '56 Mark VI '71 Type61mX '71 Type69 FF '71 Type 69 F2 '77 Super 907 '91 M100 Elan '91 Omega LotusSport 110 '05 Elise(custodian) '13 Evora S

http://LotusPALS.ning.com/
post #178 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Jeff

Garage
She certainly knows her way around an Elise; she drives her series 1 all over and spent a fair amount of time around LOG driving other people's Elises, and from what I heard, was pretty competent. I know that she said that she doesn't feel as comfortable in an Evora but I'm not sure if she actually drove one - she just loves her Elise! I don't think she's so familiar with older Lotus... but then again, you could probably say the same about many Elise owners, who wouldn't know a sidedraft from a rotoflex.

Oh, and it certainly isn't a job for her to do this; she's in university (AKA college) studying to become an architect!

post #179 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 01:28 AM

Thanks Kyle! That answers it, for sure.

Greg Z
post #180 of 192 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
She signed my Elise shirt.
Poorichard likes this.

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C on Chev Kodiak chassis
http://www.mnautox.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Meets and events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in