Definitive best size wheel and tire thread for Exige/Elise - Page 7 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ConeKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nor Nev
Posts: 391
Cool thanks, Hopefully someone will be able to acquire a distribution route with this guy in the future and then we can get them for a better price shipped.
ConeKilla is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 06:21 AM
Registered User
 
Giantmcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Posts: 2,612
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
The ones CK Lim sells.

The ones pictured were the prototypes, the ones I ordered have been modified into 2 pieces for the rear and the fronts have been made a little wider.

I will be running a 275/40/17rear and a 245/40/15 front.
I have NEVER even seen these offered before...they look AMAZING!!!

Are they Auto-X legal I wonder. HOLY COW!!!

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
Giantmcm is offline  
post #123 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ConeKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nor Nev
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantmcm View Post
I have NEVER even seen these offered before...they look AMAZING!!!

Are they Auto-X legal I wonder. HOLY COW!!!
Why wouldent they be auto-x legal?

This guy doesnt advertise much. If he did im sure he would sell lots more.
ConeKilla is offline  
 
post #124 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Registered User
 
Giantmcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Posts: 2,612
Garage
If I recall correctly, Galagola had a vertical fin on his front lip that he had to redesign as it could be seen as a spoiler. So the rears have a vertical fin on them that could be argued as a spoiler...but not sure. Which is why I ask.

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
Giantmcm is offline  
post #125 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Registered User
 
Giantmcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Posts: 2,612
Garage
Wish we could set up a group buy with him, those look awesome!!!

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
Giantmcm is offline  
post #126 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Registered User
 
Giantmcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Posts: 2,612
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
$1400 for the fenders and ouch $750 for shipping, but the shipping was cut in half cause my friend bought a set also. I think shipping for 1 set was $500ish.

EDIT: fiberglass version
Do you have a link. I just tried to Google search with no luck.

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
Giantmcm is offline  
post #127 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ConeKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nor Nev
Posts: 391
He's on facebook only I think
ConeKilla is offline  
post #128 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 40
Just picked up a pair of 15x8 Advanti Storm S1 +25. They will not fit without a spacer. Waiting on spacers to arrive to get an idea of what is needed.
MoreRacecar is offline  
post #129 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 10:34 AM
user /tron
 
RideMooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreRacecar View Post
Just picked up a pair of 15x8 Advanti Storm S1 +25. They will not fit without a spacer. Waiting on spacers to arrive to get an idea of what is needed.
Where do they not clear? Inboard against the shock?
RideMooch is offline  
post #130 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideMooch View Post
Where do they not clear? Inboard against the shock?
Caliper
MoreRacecar is offline  
post #131 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Registered User
 
glagola1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantmcm View Post
If I recall correctly, Galagola had a vertical fin on his front lip that he had to redesign as it could be seen as a spoiler. So the rears have a vertical fin on them that could be argued as a spoiler...but not sure. Which is why I ask.
Nope, I don't have any vertical fins (gates). Don't know where you got that. I see absolutely nothing illegal about those overfenders.
glagola1 is offline  
post #132 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Registered User
 
Giantmcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Posts: 2,612
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glagola1 View Post
Nope, I don't have any vertical fins (gates). Don't know where you got that. I see absolutely nothing illegal about those overfenders.
Sorry Glagola,

Wasn't talking about your current design, I know your current design is totally legal, I remember reading up on your build thread on the other website and I thought I recalled you redesigning your front lip due to the "gate". But I won't deny the fact that I am getting older and my memory is literally starting to become filled with holes.

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
Giantmcm is offline  
post #133 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ConeKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nor Nev
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreRacecar View Post
Just picked up a pair of 15x8 Advanti Storm S1 +25. They will not fit without a spacer. Waiting on spacers to arrive to get an idea of what is needed.
I posted a picture ITT with that wheel on my Exige and stated it would only fit with a spacer, sorry for any confusion. I have a 10mm spacer.
ConeKilla is offline  
post #134 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeKilla View Post
I posted a picture ITT with that wheel on my Exige and stated it would only fit with a spacer, sorry for any confusion. I have a 10mm spacer.
Ah, no worries, I must have missed that.
MoreRacecar is offline  
post #135 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ConeKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nor Nev
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreRacecar View Post
Ah, no worries, I must have missed that.
yea the picture is on page 2 or 3.
ConeKilla is offline  
post #136 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeKilla View Post
yea the picture is on page 2 or 3.
Oh, I did actually see that looking back on it now. But it was without a tire and I didn't pay much attention to the fact of needing the spacer to clear the caliper. I was more concerned at the time with the offset needed to keep from rubbing on something.
MoreRacecar is offline  
post #137 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ConeKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nor Nev
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreRacecar View Post
Oh, I did actually see that looking back on it now. But it was without a tire and I didn't pay much attention to the fact of needing the spacer to clear the caliper. I was more concerned at the time with the offset needed to keep from rubbing on something.
Yea thats really the problem and the reason for creating this thread, a 4x100 wheel with a low offset to fit our cars, that were made with "narrow" wheels, is a challenge. To add to that challenge you have a forum here that is VERY competitive and people who dont like to give out their secret offsets ect.. Also companies, who for good reason, dont give out offsets so no one can copy the wheel and makes it hard to get a similar fitment with a 3 piece wheel. i hope to add good information and pictures to this thread so the info will be available for years to come.
ConeKilla is offline  
post #138 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeKilla View Post
Yea thats really the problem and the reason for creating this thread, a 4x100 wheel with a low offset to fit our cars, that were made with "narrow" wheels, is a challenge. To add to that challenge you have a forum here that is VERY competitive and people who dont like to give out their secret offsets ect.. Also companies, who for good reason, dont give out offsets so no one can copy the wheel and makes it hard to get a similar fitment with a 3 piece wheel. i hope to add good information and pictures to this thread so the info will be available for years to come.
I applaud you in your efforts, and am glad to help in anyway. That's why I posted about the Advanti fitment. I had read through so many posts that I wasn't sure where half the information I have came from anymore. I have a bunch spacers here and on the way, I'll post up exactly what works with these wheels when I get done.
MoreRacecar is offline  
post #139 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ConeKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nor Nev
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreRacecar View Post
I applaud you in your efforts, and am glad to help in anyway. That's why I posted about the Advanti fitment. I had read through so many posts that I wasn't sure where half the information I have came from anymore. I have a bunch spacers here and on the way, I'll post up exactly what works with these wheels when I get done.
Thanks! Pictures are great too.
ConeKilla is offline  
post #140 of 283 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 40
So this is with 9mm of spacer. I think you could probably shave off another mm or two, but its pretty close to the caliper. I think its possible with settling and some extra camber that it might get under the fender. I'm running 2 shims right now, I might remove them later and try again.
Attached Images
       
MoreRacecar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Solo timed events

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome