First Exige autox - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Autoxer

First Exige autox

I was able to autox my Exige for the first time this weekend. For reference, mine is an 07 Exige S with the track pack. I put on some 205/225 RS3s and did an alignment to get a baseline. Overall I was able to get the car to work thought I'd really like even less rear rebound but a bit more low speed compression. The worst part is the brakes, it really has too much front bias and gets worst the more aggressively you engage the brakes. So I had to do the old Miata two phase braking as to not blow corners. I'll be changing the alignment a bit with more rear negative camber along with a bit less rear toe but I think I can work this setup just fine for local events.

Video below:

Last edited by Doge; 09-15-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: fix links
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Obviously, you've done this before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
I was able to autox my Exige for the first time this weekend. For reference, mine is an 07 Exige S with the track pack. I put on some 205/225 RS3s and did an alignment to get a baseline. Overall I was able to get the car to work thought I'd really like even less rear rebound but a bit more low speed compression. The worst part is the brakes, it really has too much front bias and gets worst the more aggressively you engage the brakes. So I had to do the old Miata two phase braking as to not blow corners. I'll be changing the alignment a bit with more rear negative camber along with a bit less rear toe but I think I can work this setup just fine for local events.

Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVjCGdDID6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Y25HR--sw

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C on Chev Kodiak chassis
http://www.mnautox.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Autoxer

Yeah, I've been around the SCCA/PCA for awhile, I'm just new to this car.

Tom Reynolds

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Looks great. Pulling 2gs!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Autoxer

Oh yeah, ignore that. That's calculated G's and on a banked hill. On RS3's I'd guess a lot closer to 1.2 on that hill.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
Oh yeah, ignore that. That's calculated G's and on a banked hill. On RS3's I'd guess a lot closer to 1.2 on that hill.
What did you think about the RS3s for autox?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Autoxer

I've been running the RS3 v2 since the first shipment came to the US in STX class (RX8). Overall, its a great single tire solution. The sidewalls are just soft enough to make street use good, its extremely good in wet/cold compared to the old one (as good as Rival or Z2), and doesn't seem to be that noisy. As for autox it's quite fast but unlike the original RS3 doesn't like getting hot so I generally spray a bit prematurely, remember they work well even on first runs, to stay ahead of the heat if I know I'll do multiple runs, have a co-driver or have short time between runs at smaller local events. I just ran a set of Dunlop ZII Star Specs for the first time during this event on an MR2 Spyder and really liked them, definitely had better feel and slip angle acceptance than the regular ZII but since I didn't get to test back to back not much else I can say about it at this point. We'll run a full test for 2015 before our first Pro Solo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Solo timed events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in