Start your own Lotus garage today! Click here to begin your own Lotus Talk Forum Garage...

Vern the Third aka Sharkie McVern
every day's a holiday

Garage
Vehicle Name Vern the Third aka Sharkie McVern
Year 1974
Make Volkwagon
Model Bus/Van/Station Wagon/Kombi/whatever you want
Color White top, Blue bottom
Packages yea right!
1974 Volkwagon Bus/Van/Station Wagon/Kombi/whatever you want
History Not sure...bought on ebay in 09 and took the train from Portland, OR to LA to pick him up. Very nice bus. Original, strait, and rust free. Also runs and drives great...just not very fast! LOL Now having the Elise the extremes are interesting. Not only speed but high to very low.
Exterior
I did NOT do the Shark logo on the front, It was nicely done out of thick stainless plasma cut and well attached so it will of course stay. Also the black carpets inside have the logo embroidered in them at the side and back door openings. I think vern was at one tiem a company vehicle for a clothing company in LA. Would love to talk to the ones that did it.

Interior
General maintenance like painting the metal part of the dash and cleaning. I removed an A/C unit believe it or not. He lost about a 100 plus pounds with that "little" extraction.

Under the Hood
Good ole original 1800cc twin carb. All vacuum has been removed and I went with a mechanical advance distributor.
I made the mistake on my last bus which was essentially the same as this one of going with a single carb. Disaster for me anyway.

Wheel and Tire
Hankook 195's. One notch larger than original on the original wheels. Seem like very nice tires.
Views: 208

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome