|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|05-20-2018 04:35 PM|
Porsches, Lotus, Nobles, a house in BCS. We need to hand out together!
You are obviously a man of good taste!
Here is the what/why on the track axles
|05-20-2018 05:53 AM|
No, we haven't met, pity that!
Appreciate your comments and I agree. I looked long for what Hoover described as a 'good' Noble and this was it. Purchased in 2012.
No answer your questions. I had other dedicated race cars so, with diminishing time due to professional career time pressure, the Noble track day never happened. You never know, I washed it yesterday then went for a spin. Yes, smiles all the way and a renewed dream of a track day (I personally would not race the Noble. Maybe 20 years ago...). I need to sell something, this seemed the right choice. Who knows?
No, I don't believe I have the axles you refer to. More details, please?
Baja: La Ventana, a small village south of La Paz for excellent windsurfing and mountain biking. Not much commercial development, so quite nice. Yes, I go to La Paz to watch the Baja1000 finish when it goes the length. See you next time.
Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
|05-19-2018 08:41 PM|
Never met J, never see the car in person. No dog in this race.
But, as a Noble owner, this car does seem to have been well sorted out.
Track oil pan. A must.
Front Oil Cooler. Will allow you to use full power for the entire track session.
Upgraded brakes. Will allow you to use full brakes for the entire track session.
I am running a similar Turbohose tune. (M12 has different/smaller turbos, so my tune is slightly different)
J, do you have the front "track" axles? This is an option that I HIGHLY recommend.
Its a shame you/he never tracked it.
On the street, the car will make you giggle.
SB100 makes it 50 state hassle free.
Beach house in Baja, Nice! I frequently work the Baja 1000 for Mag 7. What town is your place in/near?
|05-19-2018 05:31 AM|
Here are some photos.
I am a better driver than photographer....
|05-15-2018 07:40 PM|
|Notorious||Very pretty color. GLWS!|
|05-13-2018 04:50 PM|
For sale is my Noble M400, NUS160; 2006
14,700 miles. I never tracked it, having other designated race cars.
Has clear California SB100 title (no smog in CA)
$63k. Reason for sale: retiring and building a beach house in Baja. And I still have the Elise and Porsche!
Jeff jsrober at gmail dot com
Call is well maintained, work done by me and at times by Turbohoses.
History--was in Florida and worked on by Troy Fralick, then came to California. Tune, diagnostics, new wheel bearings just recently.
No issues with the car. A/C blows cold (important for these cars). There is a small (small and light) scratch on the roof that will probably polish out. I didn't mess with it. Brand new Hankook's, less than 400 miles on them. New Optima Redtop battery.
Paint is Mazdaspeed Velocity Red Mica. Interior is black and red alcantara.
• Front mount Mocal oil cooler
• Under body aluminum louvers in low pressure area under engine pan
• Rear wheel well louvers to evacuate air from battery, fuel tank & sides.
• All heat shielding
• Liquid ceramic to firewall
• NPG-R Non Aqueous Race Coolant
• Jet-Hot Coat all of the exhaust system, inc. turbo housing
• Starter Heat Blanket
• Tunnel Cooling System
• Upgraded Throttle cable w/ high heat resistance
• AC works well, recent service (evac and charge)
• Bell Intercooler
• Tial Blow-Off Valve
• Track oil pan w/ baffles
• Bosch 044 high flow fuel pump
• High Quality Fuel Pressure Regulator w/ gauge
• Greg Robb 'Burns Stainless ' light weight/high flow exhaust with center exit
• AN fittings & upgraded fuel lines to stock fuel tank
• Power steering overflow tube (need this if you track or the engine compartment will be a mess)
• New Hankook tires, less than 400 miles
• HID headlights
• Booster Plug - Battery terminal relocate
• Gentex Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ map lights
• V1 Hard wire
• Intercooler fans (removed for better air flow on track, can reinstall for street)
• Replaced all factory fuses w/ quality replacements & alternator wire routed away from chaffing
• Full race Brake cooling ducts by Greg Robb & panhead modification by Troy.
• Upgraded AP Front Rotors
• Solo bleed screws (makes brake bleeding a one man job)
• ATE Super Blue fluid
• 6 Point Sparco harness driver side
• Ultimate Pedals with heel/toe ext (A MUST!)
• SPA design digital top of the line digital Gauges from the UK. Oil Temp/Press & Boost Press/Intake charge temp
• Innovate in-car Wide-band LC-1 gauge & sensor (NOTE: this may not be working properly)
• Momo Millennium flat bottom wheel (feels great)
• Front and rear tow hooks, front is removable
• Noble Mods UK Carbon fiber door sills
• Clarion Pro-Audio receiver. CD player seems broken (I never used)
Also most of the front is wrapped with clear bra - so there are minimal rock marks which I found most Nobles had a lot of since clear bra was not a standard option.
Tuned by TurboHoses – currently a conservative tune ~1bar putting around 390rwhp. Hoover has the dyno