The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a bit of research and I believe that the answer is yes, but wanted to be positive before I pulled the trigger.

I have an ‘05 Elise that I have recently purchased. I don’t know what the current muffler is, but the it is much to loud for tooling around town, and it certainly will not pass tech at my local track.

I understand that there is quite a bit of weight that can be saved from the aftermarket, but that weight savings comes at a bit of a premium.

As an intermediate replacement for what I current have, I have found a muffler for sale in the classifieds from an ‘07 Exige. I believe that it will hook right up to my cat pipe and hangers and fit through the opening in the stock splitter, but I was hoping to get some confirmation that my thoughts were correct.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is it an oval or twin pipe, and what do you currently have on the car? The muffler will hook right up, but you may need to trim the diffuser.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The new muffler is oval, and currently the Elise has dual exhaust tips.
But I am wondering, do I already have an exige diffuser? Here is a picture.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
It will fit, they are the same car. There are cut out instructions in the service manual for the diffuser, tho it looks like that is already done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts