The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a bird, but a bird noise when I turn off the engine. After the engine stop, about 30-50 seconds after a bird chirping noise can be heard for about 5 seconds. To me it sounds like a pulley spinning down and making the noise. I鈥榲e tried to physically locate it, but to no avail. It doesn鈥檛 always happen and is very short. I usually don鈥檛 have time to exit the car, raise the lid and check. It鈥檚 a 2005 with BOE TVS supercharger. No unusual noise when running. About the only thing I can think it might be is the cooling pump shutting down. Is there any thing else that might run on after the engine stops?

Administrator
Record it and post it here

Premium Member
It could be from the fuel pressure bleeding down. This is way out in left field, but I used to get a strange sound like something was running like a very small electric motor in the area of the fuel pressure regulator, searched all over the place and then noticed the little pin on top of the fuel pressure gauge had been pushed down, pulled it back out and haven't heard the sound since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts