The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, silly question, but important one I think:

A 190 lb driver would be 10% of the weight of the liz, and therefore would have a 10% increase in the 0-60 times. A passenger takes that number and doubles it again. I know several car companies use torque and HP curves from a dyno to compute 0-60 times, even though they would be impossible to obtain in reality. Do we suspect Lotus has done this?

So, is 4.9s with or without driver? How heavy? What would you expect the times to be with 2 passengers (~350-400 lbs total added weight).

Seems to me that every 20 pounds of heft should amount in a difference of 0.1s in 0-60. Thats a pretty big deal...

Steve

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
More importantly, how much will an extra 100HP lower the 0-60 times. I'm determined to break the 4 sec barrier.

·
shay2nak
24,994 Posts
I agree with sonza68. however i think our differences in weight will affect the elise just a tiny bit because it is such a light car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that in a caterham an added passenger makes a noticeable difference. I would think Elise would be similar - but not quite to the same extent.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
AN5-23b said:
I know that in a caterham an added passenger makes a noticeable difference. I would think Elise would be similar - but not quite to the same extent.

I can tell the difference in my car. Its mainly a function of your HP/weight ratio. The elise is 190hp/2klbs = you're "loosing" ~10hp when you take your date along.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts