The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 NOBLE M12 GTO 3R with M400 upgrades
- NUS0021 -

Offered at $65,000; current mileage is 3100 miles; car located on Long Island, NY; willing to deliver to most Northeast states. Burgundy red with black leather interior.

For those unfamiliar with Nobles, the cars are British designed, South African built, and U.S. assembled. The car is similar conceptually to the Lotus, combining light-weight and power to offer outstanding handling, performance, and track-ability. Only 220 have been built domestically. They offer supercar performance with exceptional value.

See article at http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=120703#12 (with comparisons to the Elise and Exige).

Performance Specifications:1) 2400 pounds
2) 427 bhp, 390 lbs torque
3) 0-60 mph - 3.5 sec.
4) 1/4 mile 11.9 sec.
5) 185 mph top speed
6) 1.05g

Original Car Upgrades:
1) Metallic Paint
2) Factory A/C
3) Alarm and Immobilizer
4) Full Factory Leather Interior (perforated)

1G Racing (U.S. importer) Upgrades:
1) Modified Track Sump
2) Gauge Upgrade
3) High Performance Upgrade
4) High Volume Fuel Pump
5) A/P Racing Modified Clutch
6) Lightweight Flywheel
7) Limited Slip Getrag 6-speed

Additional Performance Upgrades:
1) Garrett T-28 turbos
2) Large Oil Cooler
3) Custom Intercooler
4) Hard Intercooler Piping
5) Larger Injectors (flowed)
6) Jet Coated Exhaust
7) Magnetti Marelli ECU (mounted in cockpit)

Competition/Track Upgrades:
1) Integrated Fire Control System
2) Ohlins Adjustable Remote Dampers
3) Adjustable Coil Over Springs
4) NR-G Steering Quick Release Steering Wheel
5) A/P Brake Pads (currently not installed)
6) Master Engine Kill Switch (behind passenger seat)

Greg Robb (premier Noble tuner) race prep and chassis tune; Steve Nichols (Aussie Imports, KY) engine tune. The car’s dyno sheet (not from a Dyno Jet) represents real 427RWHP.

Servicing to date has included Greg’s turbo drain and catch can fittings and line upgrade. A good deal of the original electrical wiring has been replaced and the battery itself physically relocated to behind the passenger seat. A MAJOR servicing (all fluids, new brake pads, exhaustive system checks) performed in mid-July. This work was performed by Bill Andrews of H.R.E. Motors (the country’s premier Cobra replicar installer) in Freeport.

More pictures available upon request.

Custom-built (specifically for the Noble) open, 1000-pound Trailex aluminum trailer also available.

Randy Hillebrand
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
wow that is one pretty noble that color is stellar

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
582 Posts
ask in me 18 months, I'll totally be in. Color matches my lotus too.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Questions and free bump here...

1. Where does one get a Noble worked on?

2. How durable is that Ford Duratec motor?
The Ford engine is two things. Durable and cheap. $4500 gets you a brand new one.

There are experts on servicing the Noble. I know a few scattered about the country. Some of the things are pretty unique to the car (as I am learning), but most of the stuff is not that different, so anyone can work on it. Depends on what you need done. There is a well done manual on how to hand build/service these cars.

For example, I had a the serpentine belt replaced in Atlanta. Took it to Pep Boys and they did it in 20 minutes.

Most owners I think are a little handy and do the small stuff themselves.

I think working on the Noble in most things is easier than the Elise. Specially since the clams hinge.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Questions and free bump here...

1. Where does one get a Noble worked on?

2. How durable is that Ford Duratec motor?
Appreciate the bump!

If you're located in CA or FL or Ohio/Indiana, there are several very reputable and experienced installer/modifiers. A number of cars are/have been in Texas too, so you might be in luck provided you can identify who's built Nobles there.

And like Randy (C.) says, a lot of issues can be dealt with by a 'regular' mechanic types, certainly routine maintenance like oil changes. It does not hurt to be mechanically inclined yourself (something I am admittedly not) and many of the Noble owners are absolute experts in the cars, offering great advice when asked.

Randy's comments on the Duratec are very accurate. Here's a link to a post on the Noble forum that addresses the issue in a bit more detail. Post #10 in particular addresses your question about the motor itself.

Are Noble built to last? - Noble Rossion Forums

Good eye. What are they from originally...Hyundai?
I thought I recognized those tail lights. Still a very sweet car though. Parts is parts.
Yes, yes, they're from a Hyundai, not exactly a trade secret anymore! I'm beginning to wish I had a dollar for everyone who's pointed that out to me. :wallbang: My response is similar to Minnis' in that Lee Noble has never been particularly concerned with anything other than what makes his cars go faster and handle better (though I certainly wish he had raided someone else's parts shelf!).

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Last week I heard it for the first time and I had no idea what the guy was saying... he said "The rear end is a Hyundai!" He then clarified it was the tail lights.

I like to point out that the headlight reflector on the Elise is a plastic distributor cap that is chrome plated and then flipped over. That reflects (no pun intended) ingenuity, creativity.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks LotusTT. I actually registered on your site a couple days ago and just haven't found time to post a proper ad. Will try to do so in the next few days. You definitely have a great site!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts