The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a solid 05/06 Elise Base within 1000 or so miles from Colorado Springs to use as a driver (not track car). Have up to $30k cash to buy the right vehicle. Ideally low miles with minimal abuse, and black interior and soft top - additional hard top optional. Star shield is a huge plus as I live 1 mile down a dirt road. Please pm me or email to [email protected].

Thank you... Mike

... I guess since Persion Blue is a 07/08 color, my preference would be Magnetic Blue 04-07 cloor. There is a GORGEOUS Laser Blue 05-08 color in AZ... but I will hold out for Magnetic or Bordeaux for a little while... Then probably hit myself for not persuing the Laser in AZ. - go figure!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Mag was built up to the end of 07. PB was 08+. I have not seen a PB 07- or a Mag 08+

Mag is really a great color. That's what I wanted but ended up with a PB 08. Love the color; I get a lot of complements on it.

Good luck.

Roy

ps. Hope the fires missed you!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It brings a tear to my eyes, his town up in flames and he still has a Lotus Elise on his mind. THAT is dedication!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If you have to drive a mile down a dirt road. hopefully a smooth dirt road. I would keep in mind the low ground clearance of the Elise. you can get mud flaps for the front that help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It brings a tear to my eyes, his town up in flames and he still has a Lotus Elise on his mind. THAT is dedication!
My town - Yes... brings tears to my eyse as well. Does anyone feel bad enough to let their Mag/Persion/Laser Blue Elise go to make me feel any better?

On a serious note - this was a devastating event for us locally. I have friends that were VERY close to the fires but their homes did not suffer any losses. Amazing, thank God!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw a Laser Blue Evora today...

Laser Blue is definitely an option. On the computer screen it looked too light... But in person it really pops!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have to drive a mile down a dirt road. hopefully a smooth dirt road. I would keep in mind the low ground clearance of the Elise. you can get mud flaps for the front that help.
If I understand correctly, while ground clearance is a consideration, an Elise has about 5 inches of ground clearance - similar to a boxter and miata. The front overhang and approach angle of 12 or so degrees I beleive is the concern. Anyone live off the beatten path down dirt roads that get scrapped up routinely? I assume taking it easy is the the simple answer.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
My car has a CF splitter. The splitter looks cool and absorbs some minor contact with steep inclines.

However, you do have to be careful not to snug up to parking blocks, and be especially careful at abrupt inclines such as steep driveway approach aprons. You sometimes have to go really slow and at an angle to avoid damage... Or, just drive past aprons that look too abrupt. Actually, cities with older neighborhoods present the biggest clearance issues.

Other than that, no problems. I have a long crushed granite driveway and I live in a rural area with some really bumpy roads. No problem with clearance. I just go slow, mostly to avoid throwing stones up against the body.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
You mentioned Bordeaux color as a possible choice. Here's a shot I took of my car on Saturday:

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
BRP
I love the color!
Even painted my Atom the same......

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone in San Francisco?

Anyone available to look at a car for sale on Franklin st in San Francisco? I am hesitant to make an offer sight unseen but cannot get there for a week or so...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone available to look at a car for sale on Franklin st in San Francisco? I am hesitant to make an offer sight unseen but cannot get there for a week or so...
Dawydiak sold the car out from underneath me. Talked with the guy on Fri and Sat and he said I could give him a deposit on Tues because they were not open on Mon... Then called later and said they decided to sell to a local guy on Mon. I asked how on Mon because I thought they were closed... He said their service shop is open so they were going to sell the car on Mon. I asked what about our conversation/deal and he said they 'decided to sell locally'. What a half-a$$ operation... I even made a full price offer. Oh well things happen for a reason. BTW I have now have up to 35k for the RIGHT car!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still looking for the mythical mag/laser blue Elise... I have decided that Bordeaux is not where my heart is. Have see/driven 2 bordeaux's and while I love the color... As soon as I see a mag/laser blue there is no comparison to me. Missed a laser blue in AZ by about 5 days, then got the 07/supercharged mag blue sold from underneath my by Dawydiak mentioned above. There is a mag blue in WY, but it has 29k miles - many track miles. There is a mag blue for sale that would be really nice, but it STINKS! The dealer that tried to clean it up took off the clam and the interior... They power washed everything and bleached everything and it still smells. They said they found mice... And it was really bad. They wouldnt tell me more... But I got a headache from the smell when I test drove it. They have fumigated the car with industrial Lysol antimicrobial smoke stuff and it stills smells bad.

Hard to be patient when the beautiful simmer days are quickly going by...

Help! Mag/laser blue... Where art' thou?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I even made a full price offer. Oh well things happen for a reason. BTW I have now have up to 35k for the RIGHT car!
I think I know what the issue was if you are the person they mentioned. Someone had offered the full price, but wanted shipping to another state thrown in, which would have cost $1200 (I think).

They are actually a broker, so the car wasn't owned by them and they claimed it was the owner who wouldn't accept paying for the shipping.

Anyway. Good luck with your searching.

p.s. The car was really bad anyway. It only goes in reverse!

p.p.s. Not really, but I thought that might make you feel better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I know what the issue was if you are the person they mentioned. Someone had offered the full price, but wanted shipping to another state thrown in, which would have cost $1200 (I think).
not me. I offered full price and had a plane ticket to SF ready to buy through Travelocity...

No hard feelings... I'm just glad I didn't pay that for a car that only drives in reverse.:shift:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would sell my laser blue with 20k miles if you buy me an 06 exige with similar miles!
:p

·
Registered
555 Posts
Not sure if you are still interested, my 05 Bordeaux Red Pearl is actually going to the Lotus dealership in Boston to sell in 2 weeks. The only difference is I have the biscuit interior.

I special ordered this car brand new with the Touring package and special paint option & power everything. This car was Nicknamed by the NE Lotus car club the "Garage Queen" because I only take it to car shows on perfect days, if its overcast with chance of rain, it does not come out. It always won 1st or 2nd place trophy's at every show entered. The car has never seen a race track. I'm an over 50 on my 8th Lotus about to put a deposit down on # 9. They are going to list this for $34K, I'm looking for $30K obo.
The dealership wants this because it looks cleaner than a 1 year old car inside, outside & underneath for a LOT less money.
The only thing i have done is add a Laraini exhaust ($550.) and a AEM cold air intake ($250.). I'm also including the original exhaust & air box.
It has Star shield, twin oil coolers, brand new Pioneer radio w/iPod/Mp3 jacks ($350.) JL Audio speakers all around ($400). Brand new Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08's ($700.), carbon fiber front splitter installed in April ($400.) and a brand new battery ($80.) 2 weeks ago.

This car has been serviced only by the dealership since day one.

I have lots of pictures taken professionally as well if you would like to see more.

Bruce - Lotus Ltd member since 1990.
PM if interested

Attachments

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
the first Elise I got to spend any time with was a Bordeaux Red Pearl and it is still my favorite color for the car. Makes the car look very sophisticated and yet screams LOOK AT ME, I AM FUN all at the same time.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That is so true of the color, I owned 8 "Loti" being black, red & white, I was going to order my Elise in Ardent Red but Arnie Johnson the President of Lotus Cars USA told me to buy this color and said I wouldn't regret it, so I did and I loved every moment of it!!

Bruce

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts