The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
05 Ardent Red Elise- Warranty until Sep 08

:( This is a truly sad day in my life as I made the heart breaking decision to sell my Elise. When I told my fiance she sounded like she was going to cry because she knows how happy it makes me and we have so many wonderful memories in the car, but life is full of tough decisions. I am selling my girl because Alison and I dont want to take out loans to pay for our MBAs and if I sell the Lotus we wont need to and we can switch off who works and who goes to school full-time. Also I will most likely be moving overseas in 18 months so it did not make sense to keep letting the car depreciate when I will just have to sell it then. The experience I have had owning Elise is amazing, but being able to not take school loans and focus on school full-time will be more beneficial in the longrun. Plus my fiance told me that as soon as we finish school she is buying me an Elise SC! (Sorry Exige guys I just prefer the Elise's styling)

Car is in great shape and I just ordered a few parts on the warranty though Lotus of San Antonio (Gonzaba) which should hopefully be here soon. The parts are the rubber casing around the front left turn signal and the dash (has a tiny bubble in it). These will be replaced by Gonzaba as soon as the parts get in, but I just wanted to get the word out tonight.

STATS:
17k miles
Ardent Red
Touring Package
Upgraded headlights, not HIDs
Custom car cover
Recently serviced and have all documentation
Clear Title- VIN: SCCPC11125HL34170
Pioneer Premier CD player w/ subwoofer behind driver's seat, remote, and iPod connection
0 track days- harness bar was on backorder so I had to cancel it today :(
Anything else just ask!

Cell #: 281-658-1258

I'll still be on LotusTalk and hopefully I will still be active in the community so this isnt goodbye to all you guys. . . just goodbye to my mistress.

·
Registered
361 Posts
asking price?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Jeff. . . I'll still be around in Houston, ATX, and San An to party with everyone haha.

Oh and asking price. . . after looking at some other posts let's go with $32k.

·
Registered
361 Posts
excellent, may be in contact with you soon.

·
Registered
361 Posts
selling my car right now, as soon as that goes...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chris! I think I will stick with one tattoo, but im sure Alison and I will do plenty of other ridiculous things that will make for great stories to post on here!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump. . . I listing it on autotrader tonight or tomorrow for $34k, but really want to see it to someone on here. . . until then i am going for a drive!

·
Registered
391 Posts
:( This is a truly sad day in my life as I made the heart breaking decision to sell my Elise. When I told my fiance she sounded like she was going to cry because she knows how happy it makes me and we have so many wonderful memories in the car, but life is full of tough decisions. I am selling my girl because Alison and I dont want to take out loans to pay for our MBAs and if I sell the Lotus we wont need to and we can switch off who works and who goes to school full-time. Also I will most likely be moving overseas in 18 months so it did not make sense to keep letting the car depreciate when I will just have to sell it then. The experience I have had owning Elise is amazing, but being able to not take school loans and focus on school full-time will be more beneficial in the longrun. Plus my fiance told me that as soon as we finish school she is buying me an Elise SC! (Sorry Exige guys I just prefer the Elise's styling)

Car is in great shape and I just ordered a few parts on the warranty though Lotus of San Antonio (Gonzaba) which should hopefully be here soon. The parts are the rubber casing around the front left turn signal and the dash (has a tiny bubble in it). These will be replaced by Gonzaba as soon as the parts get in, but I just wanted to get the word out tonight.

STATS:
17k miles
AR w/ hartop
Touring Package
Upgraded headlights, not HIDs
Custom car cover
Recently serviced and have all documentation
Clear Title- VIN: SCCPC11125HL34170
Pioneer Premier CD player w/ subwoofer behind driver's seat, remote, and iPod connection
0 track days- harness bar was on backorder so I had to cancel it today :(
Anything else just ask!

Cell #: 281-658-1258

I'll still be on LotusTalk and hopefully I will still be active in the community so this isnt goodbye to all you guys. . . just goodbye to my mistress.
Man that sucks, on the sale. It's hard to have to give up something you love to do the "smart" thing.

Good luck, man

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I just went for a drive and I thought I was gonna cry haha, but you are right it is the smart thing to do. I have to remind myself that if I do this now I can buy 2 later ;) :coolnana:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i saw that. . . great news since I put my $5000 toward my 2008 Roth IRA savings today haha. I know I should use dollar cost averaging, but I dont see the market getting a whole hell of a lot lower.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts