The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is that the wheel/tire fitment would be identical between an 05 Elise and an 06 Exige... can someone who knows for sure confirm one way or the other?

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
The fittment is the same, but the standard Exige front wheels are 16x6.5 as opposed to the Elises' 16x5.5. Rears are the same at 17x7.5, as are all the offsets (+31f / +38r).

The 5-spoke 240R Cup wheels are the largest OE @ 16x7f & 17x8r (same offsets as mentioned above).

Fittment really depends on what tires you're using and how low you run your car. I have an '06 Exige with the stock suspension and run 205's up front and 245's out back with no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fittment is the same, but the standard Exige front wheels are 16x6.5 as opposed to the Elises' 16x5.5. Rears are the same at 17x7.5, as are all the offsets (+31f / +38r).

The 5-spoke 240R Cup wheels are the largest OE @ 16x7f & 17x8r (same offsets as mentioned above).

Fittment really depends on what tires you're using and how low you run your car. I have an '06 Exige with the stock suspension and run 205's up front and 245's out back with no issues whatsoever.
Great, thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking to try a set of 888s on my 05 Elise, 225/45/15 front and 245/45/16 rear, on Rota's, that fit without rubbing on an 06 Exige. Looks like they should fit fine on my Elise too.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
The Elise "Sport Pack" option upgraded the Elise's shoes to the same as would be found on an Exige.

Many of us have the combo you are seeking to use. Remember that some of us have a bit of rubbing and some of us do not. Spring rate, ride height, camber setting, and wheel offset can make the difference between "very close" and "dang it put a little hole in my plastic fender liner."

xtn

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
FWIW, the stock 195/50 A048 tires had an overall diameter of 23.6", which have been known to rub the front fender liners under hard driving as XTN pointed out. My current 205/45's have an OD of 22.8", and have no such issues.

As far as the rears, changing to a 245 did increase my tread width to 8.8" compared to the stock 7.8" tw, and in turn caused my driver's side rear tire to rub the engine-lid release cable, but I see that as a Lotus issue, not a tire issue, and it was corrected with 2 zip ties anyway, so no worries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts