The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I had my Elise the a/c has not worked. Previous owner thought the R134 leaked out so I hooked it up today to check. Had 1.5lbs in it, so it was full. Compressor kicks on, and will defog the windows so I know it's working it's like the blend door it stuck on hot.

Does anyone know where the blend door is or anyway to manually switch it to shut off the coolant flow into the heater core? It's all electric from what I can see so I have no idea where to go from here or if anyone else has had this problem. I know the Elise doesn't have the greatest A/C but it's pushing out 89 degree air now, so it's gotta get better than this!! lol

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
The 2 flap valves are visible if you remove the 4" flexible duct from the top of the HVAC box.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/improved-c-heating-system-71031/
Cheers,
Michael

Ever since I had my Elise the a/c has not worked. Previous owner thought the R134 leaked out so I hooked it up today to check. Had 1.5lbs in it, so it was full. Compressor kicks on, and will defog the windows so I know it's working it's like the blend door it stuck on hot.

Does anyone know where the blend door is or anyway to manually switch it to shut off the coolant flow into the heater core? It's all electric from what I can see so I have no idea where to go from here or if anyone else has had this problem. I know the Elise doesn't have the greatest A/C but it's pushing out 89 degree air now, so it's gotta get better than this!! lol

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts