The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on a post a while back about someone who cut a 4" hole in their stock airbox (the part facing the firewall) I know its just to make the intake louder. But is there any gains to this or draw backs. Just curious I could find anything else about it.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Thad be a bad idea.. Hot air in there.

You can remove the snorkel though then u will have the 4" hole on the right side. It will sound better.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldnt cut a hole, If you want it louder you can take the snorkle off, thats what I did after I put a high flow filter in.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
I honestly think it just pulls out...

Maybe one bolt holding it in place but nothing connecting the snorkel to box. Take a look

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i replaced the air filter yesterday and couldnt believe how much leafs and other random crap got in my air filter i just think that snorkle just sucks up everything. I think if i just loosen the coolant res. i should be able to get my hand in there and rip it out. Is it a big difference in sound once its removed?

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Yes, actually don't remove the res. remove the windshield fluid container. It is just slid on a track, just pull up on it at an angle toward center if car.

Should come out with ease n u can take a better look

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
The snorkel itself is a paper Machsay pos... Once u see it you will laugh n place it in the trash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts