• Touring Package
  • Hardtop
  • Starshield
  • Factory installed dual oil coolers
  • Approximately 8,400 miles
  • Serviced and inspected (State of VA) in March
  • Always garaged with a car cover
  • Interior and exterior are in mint condition
I am the original owner of this car (took delivery Feb. 2005) and can assure you that it has never had any body or paint work. All services were completed by a Lotus dealership and complete service records are available along with all the manuals, keys, original window sticker and a car cover. The car has no mods except the Lotus decal stickers on the rear were replaced with raised metal letters.

Price: $34,000. I am not open to selling pieces of the car, such as the hardtop. Title in hand and ready for delivery. Reason for selling: Garage is full, and I just purchased a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the car serviced yesterday at Criswell Lotus, and they inspected the clutch as well and said it was good to go. If you want an Elise that looks brand new at a fraction of the price of a new one, this is the car for you. Most people would classify it as a garage queen.

·
Registered
485 Posts
How much treadlife is left on the tires? Any chips in the clam?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I will try to get some better photos up.

The front tires are the originals but they still have pretty good tread on them. (They would not have passed VA inspection a couple of weeks ago otherwise.) The back tires were replaced last summer, so they might have 2,000 miles on them.

There are maybe three pencil point size chips on the car. I could point them out to you when you look at the car or put the tiniest drop of touch up paint on them and you would never know they are there.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. FINALLY! :panic: No more obsessive compulsive searching. The car is in Atlanta, and I flew down today to personally inspect it and exchange payment for the title. (Lamborghini Atlanta also did a PPI on the car.) I am having Starshield installed on it before they ship it, so I probably won't get it until Friday or so. I will get a separate post up with photos at that point.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added some additional (resized) photos to my original post and here are a few more that are very tight shots. If you scan the photos carefully, you can see that the tires still have good tread on them. I washed the car before I took the photos so that's what the damp spots are on the payments. The car does not have any fluid leaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, you will not see any holes in the front bumper of this car when the license plate comes off. Someone asked me this question, so I wanted to assure everyone who may have assumed otherwise that no Lotuses were harmed during the mounting of the plate. The holes for mounting the plate were drilled up underneath the car and two rubber well nuts were installed to mount the plate.

The headlights had Laminix applied to them when the were new so there are not any chips or pitting in them, and they are not clouded either.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You are not the first person to ask that question either. The car has never been autocrossed. I took it out on a track once (after the break in period) with an instructor in the car the whole time, so that I could learn more about how well the car handled. It has not been used as a track car by anyone's standards.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:up: For Chris. Very nice guy to deal with.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had a look at the car this week, and I can report that it's in excellent shape, and it looks like it's still new. Chris is also a great guy to deal with.

I would have bought his car, but red was my second choice of color and I found another Elise the following day in a color I liked a bit better. If you're looking for a red Elise, I highly recommend this car. It's basically like buying a new car.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Price reduced to $32,500.

You will not find another Elise at this low of a price with mileage this low and all the options this car has. I just checked.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh, how I wish you were putting this up for sale two months from now (when my lease expires) :)

Beautiful car, good luck with the sale.

--Jay

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chris,

Congrats on the Lambo. The episode of Top Gear last night had the boys running a Gallardo through a tunnel in the Swiss or Italian Alps. The sound of the Gallardo's motor sent shivers down my spine!!

I'll give you $25k for that crappy little Elise. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts