The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Lotus Elise available for immediate sale. I am not sure if this is against posting rules, but I am a dealer representing this vehicle. It is red with tan interior, and has the touring package and star kit. It has only 650 miles and has never been registered. I am located in Southern New Jersey and can provide shipping. Priced reasonable and willing to negotiate. Please let me know if you would like further information. My email is [email protected], or my cellular number is 856-466-8636. Thanks. Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Is it me, it seems like just about all the ardent red cars are being resold either on ebay or through dealers, help, am I the only keeping his red elise??
Chris

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Just watch me keep mine Chris - we'll do the Dragon together - I promise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It does seem there are a high number of ardent reds on ebay, but they seem to be getting bids. Many more bids than the other colors. Hummm

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
DCNSX said:
Or... he could sell you an Avanti. (see window decal in photo) ;)
I saw one of those on the street for the first time the other day... looks even uglier on the road than it did at the auto show.

·
Registered
249 Posts
FYI: Asking $51,900 :p

Not for me.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Man, tough crowd here! The guy identified himself as a dealer in his post, and is selling the car for what appears to be the normal fair market value. Why all the fuss? :confused:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Don't see why it should be deleted, it's in the cars for sale section. If the price is out of line, no one will buy it, but perhaps someone on the list is willing to pay the price for it.
Chris

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
dez said:
FYI: Asking $51,900 :p

Not for me.
Is that $51,900 out the door, or starting price?

If it's all-up total with sales tax, that's not so bad.

I'd be a bit worried about 650 never-registered miles, though. That's a lot of test-drives.

·
Registered
413 Posts
OR- you could buy MY car - Red WITH LSS AND HARDTOP- approximately 20 miles. never titled. for much LESS- $48,700. see my post "Ardent Red -all options for sale"

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
That car has been around ebay at least a couple of times from two different dealers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=2488909018&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=2497507889&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I'll be worried about the 650 miles too.

Edit, actually make that 700 miles as per one of the pictures on e-bay, so it has had two owners already.

350 mlies by the original owner, dealer help her sell it, then a 2nd one? maybe she never sold it and she is trying a different dealer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Is that $51,900 out the door, or starting price?
51.9k was the asking price, but negotiable (i.e. would consider lower offers). I understand the price to NOT include sales tax (which would be paid in your own state upon registering?) and does not include shipping, if needed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
dez said:
... I understand the price to NOT include sales tax (which would be paid in your own state upon registering?)...
I've always thought that if you bought a car out of state (from a dealer) that you would pay sales tax on that car, then brought it to your home state (Washington in my case) that you would then again pay sales tax on that car?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.
-Jay

·
Registered
35 Posts
No, you do NOT pay sales tax to any dealer that is NOT from the state you live in. You only pay sales tax ONCE!!!! You will pay sales tax in your LOCAL state when you go to register it. Out of state dealers can NOT charge you sales tax. It is against the law

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
DigitalElise said:
I've always thought that if you bought a car out of state (from a dealer) that you would pay sales tax on that car, then brought it to your home state (Washington in my case) that you would then again pay sales tax on that car?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.
-Jay
According to the Washington Department of Licensing web page, you may pay sales tax at the out of state dealer and then apply that as a credit against the Washington sales tax.

Use Tax is charged at the state tax rate in effect where you reside. Credit is given for any sales tax paid to another state or country, if proof of the tax paid is submitted. By law, the use tax is based on the average retail value of the vehicle you purchase.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thank you to both of you for the information.
I did the test drive yesterday and the dealer has 2 cars available at *cough* ... $10K over and I had asked about the deposit, if I found a car out of state if the deposit was refundable... that's when he brought up the "you have to pay the out of state tax then tax again when you license it here..."
But, this guy also told me that there was an "adapter for the stereo, if you have an MP3 player", which I believe there is an SD card that holds the MP3's... anyway...thank you for the clarification!
-Jay

·
Registered
409 Posts
andykeck said:
According to the Washington Department of Licensing web page, you may pay sales tax at the out of state dealer and then apply that as a credit against the Washington sales tax.
I've heard two different stories on this.

1) If you buy a car in one state, you pay tax to the state in which you buy. Then when it comes time to register at home, you show a receipt demonstrating tax paid and pay the difference between the purchasing state and the state where you reside.

2) You only pay sales / use tax when it comes time to register the car. In other words, if I buy a car in Atlanta and do not register it until I arrive in Virginia, I pay the Virginia sales / use tax rate (3% I believe) and not the Georgia rate (6.5% I believe).

I've also heard that if I were to move into the District of Columbia within two years of buying my car, then I would have to prove that I already paid some amount and then pay the remaining difference.

Furthermore, if I live in this part of Virginia, I'll be paying roughly $1000 a year for personal property tax on the car. Before the tax relief act hit (which exempts 70% of the bottom $20k of a car's value from taxation), this would have been probably close to $2000 for an Elise.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts