The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2005 Graphite Grey Elise
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a friend says that Lotuses look like theyre flying even when parked but this is ridiculous :laugh2:

When moving the tach tends to be off by ~400 rpm and speedo by ~15 mph. Anyone seen this issue before?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I had this happen when I roll started the car and then turned on the ignition after it was moving. I know there is a 'hard reset' for the cluster involving the trip reset button. Google here to find it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The stuck needles has happened to me a few times. I printed the following from the link provided and keep it with my registration in the car.

"Keep the button pressed while you're turning the ignition. Do not release the button. It sometimes also helps to turn the ignition quickly.
When successful, you'll see the gauge cluster sweeping back and forth to rest(iirc), and it'll display the firmware version."

Never a problem resetting when I follow the directions, especially the "turn the ignition quickly" part. Turning the key too slowly is actually a problem. You want to turn it all the way in one quick turn.

Good luck and report back your results!

·
2005 Graphite Grey Elise
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stuck needles has happened to me a few times. I printed the following from the link provided and keep it with my registration in the car.

"Keep the button pressed while you're turning the ignition. Do not release the button. It sometimes also helps to turn the ignition quickly.
When successful, you'll see the gauge cluster sweeping back and forth to rest(iirc), and it'll display the firmware version."

Never a problem resetting when I follow the directions, especially the "turn the ignition quickly" part. Turning the key too slowly is actually a problem. You want to turn it all the way in one quick turn.

Good luck and report back your results!
That did the job! Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts